By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27
TruckOSaurus said:
Hiku said:

Yeah, the way I went about it was just testing every time I ran into him, and then reset my save file again to either ignore him, or try to kill him in a more optimal way. Leaving some of the red barrels intact was a great way to get him to drop the weapon upgrades. After finishing the game, and trying to kill him every opportunity I had (except the first time he uses the flamethrower because I couldn't down him with the weapons I had before I caught on fire), I'm pretty sure that he only drops two weapon upgrades. In the situations I listed above. I tried looking it up but every site I checked also only mentions these two.

Well since he's worried about missing weapon upgrades, he needs to shoot at Nemesis some times when he's chasing him.

I probably missed one of them permanently then since I'm now

Spoiler!
at the second confrontation with him (in the plaza where he runs on walls)

Just finished that battle minutes ago. Already planning my second playthrough. This game became fun!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

So I actually like this game more than REmake 2, which is surprising to me because I liked the original RE2 a lot more than the original RE3. And because Claire and Leon were my two favorite main characters (along with Ada if she counts), while Jill was whatever to me.

This game however made Jill my favorite main character now, while Claire is someone I now dislike.
When Claire said "I got this" in REmake 2, I thought to myself "No you don't."
She had no business feeling so confident against the final boss having no special weapons or training for that matter, when the person she interrupted did have a special weapon.

However, when Jill said the exact same line in REmake 3, it felt more believable, because she comes off as a seasoned veteran in the game, after the events of RE1.

I also warmed up to Jill's design in this game, and now like it a lot.

About the gameplay, it felt shorter than REmake 2, but not by so much that it didn't feel like a satisfying adventure. And the design of some of the areas here were a lot more striking than the ones in REmake 2 for me. The vibrant popping colors of the raccoon city streets and the moon lit river/clock tower area for example. Boss fights here were pretty interesting and different.

And the shop that unlocks after you beat the game allows for some fun replayability, reminiscent of RE4's New Game +.
The RAI-DEN weapon for example is a pretty fun and unique weapon to use.

There was one area from the original that didn't make it into this game that I'm not only disappointed that they cut, but also quite surprised. Because it included one of the most memorable videogame moments for me.

Spoiler!

Spoiler text.

I'm referring to the chapel save room.
Because Nemesis suddenly burst through the door, and entered the safe room. Which was quite the shock. So I'm surprised they left such an iconic moment out of the game.

I've already replayed the game once to get the S Rank on hardcore for more points to use in the shop. But I plan on going back in again and taking my time with the playthrough, probably on Inferno, with some of the fun stuff you can get from the shop, including a costume for Jill I won't spoil.

Not quite as iconic (I honestly don't remember much from the original) but that did happen to me during my first playthrough. Needless to say, I almost shit myself.

And I'm with you. I was put off by the over the top introduction but by the end, I really enjoyed this game. Took me seven hours and one minute my first time and a "C rank" but I know it was longer. I died a fair amount, experimenting. Just like you, I liked RE2 much more on the PS1. In fact, I kinda didn't like RE3 back then. I may like this one more that RE2 Remake. Don't know, yet.

d21lewis said:
Hiku said:

So I actually like this game more than REmake 2, which is surprising to me because I liked the original RE2 a lot more than the original RE3. And because Claire and Leon were my two favorite main characters (along with Ada if she counts), while Jill was whatever to me.

This game however made Jill my favorite main character now, while Claire is someone I now dislike.
When Claire said "I got this" in REmake 2, I thought to myself "No you don't."
She had no business feeling so confident against the final boss having no special weapons or training for that matter, when the person she interrupted did have a special weapon.

However, when Jill said the exact same line in REmake 3, it felt more believable, because she comes off as a seasoned veteran in the game, after the events of RE1.

I also warmed up to Jill's design in this game, and now like it a lot.

About the gameplay, it felt shorter than REmake 2, but not by so much that it didn't feel like a satisfying adventure. And the design of some of the areas here were a lot more striking than the ones in REmake 2 for me. The vibrant popping colors of the raccoon city streets and the moon lit river/clock tower area for example. Boss fights here were pretty interesting and different.

And the shop that unlocks after you beat the game allows for some fun replayability, reminiscent of RE4's New Game +.
The RAI-DEN weapon for example is a pretty fun and unique weapon to use.

There was one area from the original that didn't make it into this game that I'm not only disappointed that they cut, but also quite surprised. Because it included one of the most memorable videogame moments for me.

Spoiler!

Spoiler text.

I'm referring to the chapel save room.
Because Nemesis suddenly burst through the door, and entered the safe room. Which was quite the shock. So I'm surprised they left such an iconic moment out of the game.

I've already replayed the game once to get the S Rank on hardcore for more points to use in the shop. But I plan on going back in again and taking my time with the playthrough, probably on Inferno, with some of the fun stuff you can get from the shop, including a costume for Jill I won't spoil.

Not quite as iconic (I honestly don't remember much from the original) but that did happen to me during my first playthrough. Needless to say, I almost shit myself.

And I'm with you. I was put off by the over the top introduction but by the end, I really enjoyed this game. Took me seven hours and one minute my first time and a "C rank" but I know it was longer. I died a fair amount, experimenting. Just like you, I liked RE2 much more on the PS1. In fact, I kinda didn't like RE3 back then. I may like this one more that RE2 Remake. Don't know, yet.

It is always good to discover you like something new or different than before.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I find myself agreeing with Gman quite a lot on this.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Finished the game yesterday (just in time for FF7:R release). It was quite a lot of fun, I might return to it after FF7:R. It's weird because I did miss a weapon upgrade and one hip pouch and I'm normally very meticulous about getting everything (I think it's mostly because I locked myself out of some areas by running from Nemesis) but that give me a reason to start again. The main fights against Nemesis were all great fun and I loved how you finally dispose of him.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 11 April 2020

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Here's the best way to farm points for Handgun, Assault Rifle and Kills in general.
Just make sure to keep an extra save file with Carlos at the hospital at this particular point, and reload the file until you have enough points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PEPTD1nRxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfab4fcMRA

Wish I read that before finishing the game. Not that big a deal though.

Signature goes here!

I’ve put 49 hours into the multiplayer, it’s very good.

I'm not the most amazing player in the world. I've been playing RE since the first one (actually bought it with my PS1 in early 1997). Never missed a game.

I played on normal and tried to drink in all of the atmosphere and find all of the documents, etc. I still missed about four documents and one locked box. I died a fair amount of times, as well. Took me 7 hours to beat.

Not saying there's a ton of content but man, people who are blazing through this game on the first try in less than half the time, WHAT ARE YOU? You're some new breed of gamer...or I just suck.

everyone needs to go and tweet capcom to have all difficulty modes unlocked. The game is way too easy on normal and hard. They put too much amo and herbs that it never feels survival horror. And i'm not going to playthrough the game 3 times to unlock the right game mode..

John2290 said:
d21lewis said:
I'm not the most amazing player in the world. I've been playing RE since the first one (actually bought it with my PS1 in early 1997). Never missed a game.

I played on normal and tried to drink in all of the atmosphere and find all of the documents, etc. I still missed about four documents and one locked box. I died a fair amount of times, as well. Took me 7 hours to beat.

Not saying there's a ton of content but man, people who are blazing through this game on the first try in less than half the time, WHAT ARE YOU? You're some new breed of gamer...or I just suck.

There are some people who play RE games by avoiding the enemies, baiting them and what not or simply using their life as a resource to progress and have no need to get those Lootboxes and safes open. I can see why this one in particular would be so easy to beat in under 4 hours for these players as it's almost a B line with very little in the way of puzzles or maze like design to cause them hassle and have to clear rooms. Personally, I gauge the most necessary paths and clear everything out but in this game it did little to slow down my inital playthrough as you can often bait a large group and take them out with one handgun shot to the enviroment or a strategic grenade. 

I've seen similar stuff (not with the complaining) on other big games. I'd buy them on day one at midnight and then go to sleep. Wake up that morning and people would be talking about the ending!

Certain games are rare experiences. You sit there for months, sometimes years, waiting for their release. Then it comes out and people plug in easy mode (not that this is the case in every situation or even this particular game) and blow through it in a rush to see the end credits.

There's no wrong way to play. You could eat the game if you want to. Doesn't effect me. I just know there are a handful of "big games" amongst the crowd. When I get one, I tend to take my time. It may be years before there's another one.

*Edit* and I really didn't see many environmental weapons. Not too many grenades, either. Plenty of ammo, though.