By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27
d21lewis said:
I'm not the most amazing player in the world. I've been playing RE since the first one (actually bought it with my PS1 in early 1997). Never missed a game.

I played on normal and tried to drink in all of the atmosphere and find all of the documents, etc. I still missed about four documents and one locked box. I died a fair amount of times, as well. Took me 7 hours to beat.

Not saying there's a ton of content but man, people who are blazing through this game on the first try in less than half the time, WHAT ARE YOU? You're some new breed of gamer...or I just suck.

Some of them are just liars.

I remember when MGS:V launched and some people claimed to finish the game in X hours with the best classification, etc (claiming the game was easy or short).

Kojima replied that anyone that done that feat should submit for a job application on his team because they were like true snake. Haven't heard of anyone applying =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:
I'm not the most amazing player in the world. I've been playing RE since the first one (actually bought it with my PS1 in early 1997). Never missed a game.

I played on normal and tried to drink in all of the atmosphere and find all of the documents, etc. I still missed about four documents and one locked box. I died a fair amount of times, as well. Took me 7 hours to beat.

Not saying there's a ton of content but man, people who are blazing through this game on the first try in less than half the time, WHAT ARE YOU? You're some new breed of gamer...or I just suck.

Some of them are just liars.

I remember when MGS:V launched and some people claimed to finish the game in X hours with the best classification, etc (claiming the game was easy or short).

Kojima replied that anyone that done that feat should submit for a job application on his team because they were like true snake. Haven't heard of anyone applying =p

That's exactly the game that came to mind!

*Edit* Actually I was thinking of MGS4

😂

John2290 said:
I jinxed myself, just spent an hour on this last boss fight, I don't know if it's cause it's nearly a week since I've buggered myself on supplies but I'm having real trouble.

I don't think the last fight needs that much ammo. What do you have left? Don't want to give anything away but there's some conditions that need to be fulfilled to win the fight or else it'll go on forever. 

Signature goes here!

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

What difficult did you play in?

Nah, I only realized it was a gimmick fight after posting this and reading the loading screen tip. That's how bad the VA and story is though, I just tuned them out when they were speaking. Beat the game anyway, I'm wildly unsatisfied. 

Sorry that you didn't like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:

So I actually like this game more than REmake 2, which is surprising to me because I liked the original RE2 a lot more than the original RE3. And because Claire and Leon were my two favorite main characters (along with Ada if she counts), while Jill was whatever to me.

This game however made Jill my favorite main character now, while Claire is someone I now dislike.
When Claire said "I got this" in REmake 2, I thought to myself "No you don't."
She had no business feeling so confident against the final boss having no special weapons or training for that matter, when the person she interrupted did have a special weapon.

This doesn't make much sense to me. For reference, I'm only playing the RE2 Remake now, and it's my first RE game period (outside of playing brief sections of RE4 at a friend's place back in the day), so I have no idea what Claire was like before as a character. 

With that out of the way, let's get to what you just described. At this point in the game (pretty much the end), Claire has already fought off the G-Virus monster twice before, to go along with all the other shit she's survived on her journey through the game, so she does have some reason to be confident that she can, at the very least, disable this monster yet again. 

As for special weapons....she's got a damn grenade launcher. The "special weapon" the doctor lady had pretty much did fuck all after the first shot, and Claire didn't so much "interrupt" her, as stop someone that could barely stand from getting torn to shreds in the next few seconds. I suppose she could have taken the little cryo-gun off her, but again, it didn't seem to be particularly effective, beyond setting up the gotcha moment the story really wanted.