By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So, VGChartz was actually mentioned in other places!!

thismeintiel said:
flashfire926 said:

Completely agreed.

Agree, too. I'm a huge PS and ND fan. I've bought every one of their games, but after that vid, I'm done with ND. I'm kinda wondering if Amy Henning being let go had to do with her not agreeing with the agenda. Or at the very least, not agreeing with making it a big focus going forward.

@ OP

Well, VGC has a big plus going for it in that the mods admitted that they should have handled it better and explained themselves. Only be worried if they fail to do so in the future. 

I played all the uncharted games, only game that i would consider great from naughty dog is the last us. ill buy last of us 2 when its in discount bin, unless joel is 50% playable then day one, but thats sadly not gonna happen.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
thismeintiel said:

Agree, too. I'm a huge PS and ND fan. I've bought every one of their games, but after that vid, I'm done with ND. I'm kinda wondering if Amy Henning being let go had to do with her not agreeing with the agenda. Or at the very least, not agreeing with making it a big focus going forward.

@ OP

Well, VGC has a big plus going for it in that the mods admitted that they should have handled it better and explained themselves. Only be worried if they fail to do so in the future. 

I played all the uncharted games, only game that i would consider great from naughty dog is the last us. ill buy last of us 2 when its in discount bin, unless joel is 50% playable then day one, but thats sadly not gonna happen.

I might get it used at some point, but we'll see. I hope they don't have Ellie pull off some crazy feats of strength, like they did Nadine in UC4. It's pathetic they actually had her hold her own against two grown men's in a two on one fight. It reminds of a video I watched from Japan where a woman, I believe a black belt in a form of martial arts, took on a novice male. He was able to withstand her blows and then knock her out. Realism goes out the window in the name of agenda.

And really, my problem with the kiss was partly because it was obviously agenda driven, but mostly because it just wasn't Ellie. Ellie from the first game was a ball busting tomboy. In that trailer they made her so timid and weak, it just wasn't her. She wouldn't be awkward in that situation. And she wouldn't be talking about people not thinking she was pretty. 

thismeintiel said:
quickrick said:

I might get it used at some point, but we'll see. I hope they don't have Ellie pull off some crazy feats of strength, like they did Nadine in UC4. It's pathetic they actually had her hold her own against two grown men's in a two on one fight. It reminds of a video I watched from Japan where a woman, I believe a black belt in a form of martial arts, took on a novice male. He was able to withstand her blows and then knock her out. Realism goes out the window in the name of agenda.

And really, my problem with the kiss was partly because it was obviously agenda driven, but mostly because it just wasn't Ellie. Ellie from the first game was a ball busting tomboy. In that trailer they made her so timid and weak, it just wasn't her. She wouldn't be awkward in that situation. And she wouldn't be talking about people not thinking she was pretty. 

LOL they already did that in last of us. joel really never saves ellie, except in the end but she would have probably chosen death, so it's debatable. while ellie saves joel 3 times, and she was 14 at the time, so it can't get worse then that, but thats normal in today games female being stronger then males is almost the norm, it's actually a lot more believable now that she's a adult with some experience plus maybe training. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 07 July 2018

OTBWY said:

This is the issue. There is a divide that no longer allows for meaningful discussion. You're either an SJW or an alt-right creep. If you have grievances with Joel not being the main character, you're lumped in with the people who don't like Ellie's lesbianism. If you don't have a problem with Ellie and the trailer, you're a proponent of social justice agendas in games suddenly. It always goes hostile, no matter what. Some start with good intentions and others bad intentions. It's mostly the latter. This is a problem that sadly goes over everything, be it games or politics.

Yeah, sadly this happens all the time. People are either with us or against us. Either black or white. Either left or right. Doesn't matter if in reality most people have differentiated opinions, if you diverge one iota of the true religion, you're an heretic. And that goes for both sides of political discussions.

I think that's because of social media. The more extreme, the more polarizing an opinion, the more interest you gain. The more people are watching your video or read your blog. And that interest may be exhilirating in itself, or it can be used to make money through advertisement. Or well... makes you president.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Yeah, I don't frequent many gaming forums anymore, but had thought this place to be one of the more tolerant and open-minded ones. I remember seeing that thread about Naughty Dog going SJW but didn't imagine it would have been closed. Yikes. I think my opinion on this site just changed. Scary where things are going nowadays. Either conform or shut up, right?

Around the Network
cycycychris said:

Saying VGC moderation is similar to ResetEra moderation is just plain silly. There is absolutely no similarities between the site. On that site saying anything that the community doesn't agree with, you get permabanned. Any single person in that thread that agreed with the person in video would have gotten a straight permaban at resetera. Look at what we did, we let the discussion continue and only took action when the thread was starting to turn hostile. We have no intention to censor opinions at VGC, if we did that thread would have been closed the minute we saw it.

This post is a huge winner. I tried ResetEra and me - someone who more or less agrees with many of the 'official' views on ResetEra - was feeling oppressed there because I didn't feel like I couldn't ever voice an opposing opinion, at least about any social issues. I'm not getting any of that feeling here, and in fact I think the moderation policy here is a tad too allowing because SJW is allowed to be used so freely. My issue with the word is that I feel like it's more or less used as a derogatory term (which I could, of course, be wrong about, but it feels like that really often). Anyway, to sum it up, the moderation here isn't anywhere near ResetEra's - it's much, much better here.

That thread being locked was silly. There wasn’t anything negative or personal being done in there, it was actually some pretty civil back and forth going on. Not surprised some people took the thread being locked as a sign of censorship and bias.

thismeintiel said:
quickrick said:

That's where your suspension of disbelief ends? Nevermind that characters in Uncharted can kill swarms of bad guys without much issue and take shots but heal up by hiding for a couple seconds, but a woman beating two dudes is just too crazy for you to chalk up to "well it's a video game not built around realism so w/e". Out of curiosity, would your preferred end to that sequence be that she gets captured or killed because a woman can never overpower two dudes, or perhaps it's more fun to have an unrealistic sequence in an already unrealistic game.

Bristow9091 said:
See, I read the thread title and mistakenly assumed it was good news... turns out it's over something extremely petty and is taken completely out of context anyway. Some of those comments are disgusting too, lol.

Best thing to do? Fuck 'em. We're doing fine as is, and as the annoying yet appropriate saying goes; Haters gonna' hate.

Pretty much what ya said Bris, and I find funny a lot of name calling they did to certain people makes me go pot calling kettle?

Torillian said:
thismeintiel said:

That's where your suspension of disbelief ends? Nevermind that characters in Uncharted can kill swarms of bad guys without much issue and take shots but heal up by hiding for a couple seconds, but a woman beating two dudes is just too crazy for you to chalk up to "well it's a video game not built around realism so w/e". Out of curiosity, would your preferred end to that sequence be that she gets captured or killed because a woman can never overpower two dudes, or perhaps it's more fun to have an unrealistic sequence in an already unrealistic game.

I think its just about showing off female superiority, especially after watching the agenda videos. nathan drake is supposed to be the hero of the game, killed thousands of men, yet he doesn't even hold a candle compared Nadine, she beats him up like he's a joke.

Last edited by quickrick - on 07 July 2018