By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So, VGChartz was actually mentioned in other places!!

TheBird said:
It is your guys website, so truly who gives a shit if you shut down a thread. People who want to discuss further can go to another website. Admittedly the reason why you guys shut down the thread was still fucked, but it is still your forum.

There are many reasons why a thread is shut down.
I think people are automagically incorrectly assuming it was shut down because it was Anti-SJW.
It was actually shut down because the discussion was turning toxic and it wasn't resulting in anything constructive.

Kerotan said:
Maybe we are doing things wrong. Maybe having people submit applications to be mods is the wrong way to go. Should the mods approach people they think suits the job and ask them in future?

Well. Not everyone knows what goes behind closed doors.
However... Not everyone who submits an application is actually being serious... Nor would they have actually submitted a decent application to begin with.

A posters general forum behavior carries a ton of weight I would think in choosing appropriate moderators more so than the application itself.

mjk45 said:

Lastly that site and those vile homophobic cunts can get fucked.

Even if they actually are, you aren't helping with this. :/

Flilix said:

Naughty Dog are considered to be SJW's because they don't want to admit that homosexuality is an sin, invented by Satan to destroy humanity.

Don't go there, leave that for a thread with the appropriate topic please.

OTBWY said:

This is the issue. There is a divide that no longer allows for meaningful discussion. You're either an SJW or an alt-right creep. If you have grievances with Joel not being the main character, you're lumped in with the people who don't like Ellie's lesbianism. If you don't have a problem with Ellie and the trailer, you're a proponent of social justice agendas in games suddenly. It always goes hostile, no matter what. Some start with good intentions and others bad intentions. It's mostly the latter. This is a problem that sadly goes over everything, be it games or politics.

However, my opinion is always this. It's a site that is private, and there are rules. Follow them or leave. Nobody is being forced to do anything. There are plenty outlets out there do have discussions like the one that was posted.

SJW's can be pretty toxic.
But those who constantly whinge and moan about SJW's are just as toxic, neither side offers anything constructive in my eyes.

The best place to be is in the center where you can weigh each argument and go with whoever is more compelling, so trying to walk in the center is the best place to be.

And you are entirely correct, this is a forum, it does have rules and regulations and it is most certainly moderated.

With that in mind... Discussion about SJW's or their polar opposites is generally welcomed on this forum, it just needs to be the right place and time and be in a constructive manner.

shikamaru317 said:
I've seen VGC mentioned on external sites in the past, usually in a negative light toward the validity of the tracking here. Not surprised that the recent closing of the Naughty Dog Agenda thread earned VGC some external discussion as well, ResetEra also received external discussion for their mod team's closing of the thread about that video.

Well, it is impossible to be 100% accurate.
But VGChartz does try it's best to get as close to being as mathematically accurate as possible with the data it can gather.

Will it get it right everytime? Shit no. But VGC never claimed that anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
See, I read the thread title and mistakenly assumed it was good news... turns out it's over something extremely petty and is taken completely out of context anyway. Some of those comments are disgusting too, lol.

Best thing to do? Fuck 'em. We're doing fine as is, and as the annoying yet appropriate saying goes; Haters gonna' hate.

was thinking the same thing , like... hey maybe people have started to use vgc as citation for various things on wikipedia ... alas no, reading some of the comments on one angry gamer it's fairly clear some of those lads are former members of here who have beef with certain members, they reek of absolute permabanned butthurt.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

one comment stands out to me, based on this I think can see that sales of the Wii were a factor which bought a lot of people here, and when the wow effect of that wore off some of those left and there hasn't been something as impactful in sales since to get people googling sales data and finding here just the same.

- VGChartz... That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
- Though given their antics recently, they might be consigning themselves to oblivion faster than ResetEra.
- For context, the last time I heard of VGChartz being discussed was after the release of the Nintendo Wii.

But yeah Alexa site rankings still attributes the highest keyword in getting browsers from google to here as being

The fact that the ps4 is selling as good as it is, just isn't a wow factor, it's not a shock to gamers who would be interested in such things, because they fully know the lay of the land after the launch of the X1 and that those core gamers are playing on ps4 systems so they know they're the majority, say by contrast if you told someone in 2006 that every nursing home was after getting a wii to play wii sports the "hardcore" gamer wouldn't believe it at first that the system was the runnaway success that it was, because the majority of them was either using a ps3 or X360 and would need to google to see were they being pranked with the Wii being a popular system.

Just strange food for thought.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Pemalite said: 
shikamaru317 said:
I've seen VGC mentioned on external sites in the past, usually in a negative light toward the validity of the tracking here. Not surprised that the recent closing of the Naughty Dog Agenda thread earned VGC some external discussion as well, ResetEra also received external discussion for their mod team's closing of the thread about that video.

Well, it is impossible to be 100% accurate.
But VGChartz does try it's best to get as close to being as mathematically accurate as possible with the data it can gather.

Will it get it right everytime? Shit no. But VGC never claimed that anyway.

I think I learned of VGC about 3-4 years ago from a Forbes.com writer that mentioned it, from time to time, as a place with sales numbers.  I don't think he said the numbers were bad.  I think he implied that the site was a legit place to go for info.  

Well naughty dog is a huge supporter of Anita Sarkeesian even gave her a award, so clearly they have a agenda imo. most of the characters shown in last of us 2 have looked like butch woman.

As for this place becoming like neogaf, I kinda agree, i had a mod ban me for a week, cause i said i would be pissed as playing as a female in gears of war, calling me a sexist. resetera though is 50x worse then neogaf ever was.

Last edited by quickrick - on 07 July 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:

Well naughty dog is a huge supporter of Anita Sarkeesian even gave her a award, so clearly they have a agenda imo. 

Completely agreed.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
quickrick said:

Well naughty dog is a huge supporter of Anita Sarkeesian even gave her a award, so clearly they have a agenda imo. 

Completely agreed.

Agree, too. I'm a huge PS and ND fan. I've bought every one of their games, but after that vid, I'm done with ND. I'm kinda wondering if Amy Henning being let go had to do with her not agreeing with the agenda. Or at the very least, not agreeing with making it a big focus going forward.

@ OP

Well, VGC has a big plus going for it in that the mods admitted that they should have handled it better and explained themselves. Only be worried if they fail to do so in the future. 

any press is good press

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Those people have no problem if games portray two hetero characters kissing eachother, but it becomes problematic if the characters are gay...

If Naughty Dog has an agenda, it is one of inclusion.

If you are bothered by this, you alone are the issue. And frankly, you disgust me.

Last edited by Hynad - on 07 July 2018

Hynad said:

Those people have no problem if games portray two hetero characters kissing eachother, but it becomes problematic if the characters are gay...

If Naughty Dog has an agenda, it is one of inclusion.

If you are bothered by this, you alone are the issue. And frankly, you disgust me.

Please refrain from that rhetoric and keep it respectful please. Thank you.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick