By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So, VGChartz was actually mentioned in other places!!

cycycychris said:
TheBird said:

I never saw the thread, and never actually looked into the whole Naughty Dog issue until literally just now. From what i'm reading I'm going to guess that the thread was very hostile in the sense that people just weren't friendly towards each other and were unable to have a friendly political debate.

I remember after E3 (I refused to watch the Sony E3 because I am simply an Xbox and Nintendo exclusive guy), all I saw was Ellie kissing some chick in the thumbnails of videos and I completely ignored the game since until now. Pretty big situation at hand here, and I'm glad people are pushing back against this stuff and not letting it slide by smoothly like we have for so long. I like this website for its sales charts, and having discussions. But now I feel like these discussions are being threatened after you guys banned the one thread, it is a big deal, this place for many people is a safe forum for discussions since it is so small and community like.

And not a safe place in a sense that using the word "SJW" is not nice to some people, so we must punish those who use the word to attack others to appeal to 1% of the population here. Safe in the sense that everyone knows each other, and people can discuss with familiar faces around the world everyday in politics, games, and movies no matter their differing views and just move on the next day to the next big discussion.

We're also now being compared to the 4th Reich ResetEra, which means it is probably in your best interest for damage control and to just let people be. To find who rules over you, simply look at those who you can't criticize.

Saying VGC moderation is similar to ResetEra moderation is just plain silly. There is absolutely no similarities between the site. On that site saying anything that the community doesn't agree with, you get permabanned. Any single person in that thread that agreed with the person in video would have gotten a straight permaban at resetera. Look at what we did, we let the discussion continue and only took action when the thread was starting to turn hostile. We have no intention to censor opinions at VGC, if we did that thread would have been closed the minute we saw it.

It would be nice if you show the hostility you speak of I saw no malice differences of opinion yes , I read the thread and was about to reply when the thread was locked ,my reply was basically look at how ND handled Bills sexuality by normalising it  the suicide became centred on  Bills personality and no big deal was made it was fine you didn't need to make it into an agenda, the point being people don't like to feel that they are being dictated to  and by locking the thread without any warning to watch their behaviour, it gives ammunition whether  rightfully or wrongfully to people to say we told you they stifle debate when it doesn't suit them.

I don't blame CGI, where all human and personal opinion on something we care about and with hindsight warning people that they would be banned rather than the thread locked without any added commentary may have been the better way, even though you would still have critic's they would have brought it on themselves.

Lastly that site and those vile homophobic cunts can get fucked.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 06 July 2018

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
cycycychris said:

-snip

It would be nice if you show the hostility you speak of I saw no malice differences of opinion yes , I read the thread and was about to reply when the thread was locked ,my reply was basically look at how ND handled Bills sexuality by normalising it  the suicide became centred on  Bills personality and no big deal was made it was fine you didn't need to make it into an agenda, the point being people don't like to feel that they are being dictated to  and by locking the thread without any warning to watch their behaviour, it gives ammunition whether  rightfully or wrongfully to people to say we told you they stifle debate when it doesn't suit them.

I don't blame CGI, where all human and personal opinion on something we care about and with hindsight warning people that they would be banned rather than the thread locked without any added commentary may have been the better way, even though you would still have critic's they would have brought it on themselves.

Fair assessment, here. Hostile may not have been the most accurate term, but the thread was getting to a point that we saw it was headed for trouble. A few posts in there (I won't bring them up here) were fairly intolerant and that was The Mod Team's issue with it. The irony in all of this is that's why it was locked, because it attacked views and opinions opposite of its own in a way that felt totally unavailable to debate. However, Warnings would have been heavy handed (at least to me). Some times, a lock saves everyone in the situation, and while I see that it may have bothered a few, and could have been worded a little better, I'm happier with it than having to hand down Moderations. Plenty of mistakes were made in the situation, but everyone can lick their wounds and live to see another day (as you noted, we're human).

In the mean time, if someone makes a topic that continues to search for viewpoints on what they feel is Naughty Dog's new approach to their latest releases, and its participants keep it constructive, I'll have no issue with it. Things just needs to be presented in a way that doesn't leave the thread in the condition for a free-for-all.

CGI-Quality said:
mjk45 said:

Fair assessment, here. Hostile may not have been the most accurate term, but the thread was getting to a point that we saw it was headed for trouble. A few posts in there (I won't bring them up here) were fairly intolerant and that was The Mod Team's issue with it. The irony in all of this is that's why it was locked, because it attacked views and opinions opposite of its own in a way that felt totally unavailable to debate. However, Warnings would have been heavy handed (at least to me). Some times, a lock saves everyone in the situation, and while I see that it may have bothered a few, and could have been worded a little better, I'm happier with it than having to hand down Moderations. Plenty of mistakes were made in the situation, but everyone can lick their wounds and live to see another day (as you noted, we're human).

In the mean time, if someone makes a topic that continues to search for viewpoints on what they feel is Naughty Dog's new approach to their latest releases, and its participants keep it constructive, I'll have no issue with it. Things just needs to be presented in a way that doesn't leave the thread in the condition for a free-for-all.

Yep your damned if you do damned  if you don't , like you said it will blow over , and they will find some other trivial event to vent their small minds on.

well i must have missed the drama as my eyes are buggered atm and can barely stay long enough near a screen to read everything,

On side note WTF is a SJW lol?? any why is Naughty Dog in it lol

Well i got to this forum becuase i heard about this site on other sites (Gametrailers) so its not a rare thing for me, and also i remember youtubers using it for their arguments regarding the console war.

And... that subreddit looks pretty cool, guess im gonna join it.

Around the Network

Not a fan of censorship at all, and certainly not exaggerated social justice battles, but if I had to choose between us and that toxic cesspit at One Angry Gamer, I'd choose us any day of the week. Look at those comments, what a bunch of immature man children. A large part of the reason why I'm still here after 11 years, is the community and the specific lack of such toxic discussion.

That said; I'd prefer if we were able/allowed to discuss any topic at hand, in an orderly fashion. Closing threads is one thing, I usually support it since some go overboard, but closing down discussion on entire topics is another. Without having checked myself, I gather that the thread in mention was closed but not the actual subject? Or am I wrong here?

So we're famous?!

Won't read what the links are about, as its 3:00 am and I still can't sleep. Sigh*

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Mummelmann said:
Not a fan of censorship at all, and certainly not exaggerated social justice battles, but if I had to choose between us and that toxic cesspit at One Angry Gamer, I'd choose us any day of the week. Look at those comments, what a bunch of immature man children. A large part of the reason why I'm still here after 11 years, is the community and the specific lack of such toxic discussion.

That said; I'd prefer if we were able/allowed to discuss any topic at hand, in an orderly fashion. Closing threads is one thing, I usually support it since some go overboard, but closing down discussion on entire topics is another. Without having checked myself, I gather that the thread in mention was closed but not the actual subject? Or am I wrong here?

I actually agree with a lot of the topics they support but holy shit... they are so far on that side of the spectrum that not even myself as someone who hates SJW crap can relate to them.

They are saying or implying that Naughty Dog has been SJW cancer for years now, and while i see their points in the games they mention i think they are exaggerating a lot, you see i dont like it when an ideology or agenda is being pushed in a game, movie, tv show etc. at the cost of the writting and the characters, but that hasnt been the case (so far) with Naughty Dog, because whatever SJW oriented content was in their games never felt forced or like it came at the expense of the writting and characters, it always felt like it fit in the universe they created.

I even found a comment from someone that implies the new GOW is also part of the SJW trash... which i just dont even understand how thats possible, GOW is kinda pro family, pro fathers, pro having good role models, and it doesnt have some forced "diverse" cast, i cant see anything thats anywhere SJW oriented in that game.

The best post of the thread in question: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8843464

I watched the video from the OP completely, and while I see that some may dislike the direction nothing was really worrying. It didn't seem the more inclusive stories were forced, it seemed more like natural included. So, I can see that some might not like the direction the stories are going, that is no reason for raging out.

Personally I had problems with that TLOU2-trailer on a completely different level. This (and also the Tomb Raider showing at E3) were overly brutal. The killings were unnessecarily cruel and I had the feeling the focus was put on them. Did the camera zoom in a little or so? That put me really off, not the kiss. And really, people bothered by a harmless kiss instead of murdering a dozen or so persons is what is really bothering.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 06 July 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Jeez, just read some of that stuff, kind of ashamed of society.