By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So, VGChartz was actually mentioned in other places!!

o_O.Q said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Not sure why you're giving attention to Gamer Gaters and Status Quo Warriors. I mean geez, look at the name of the site, it's right in the title. Almost everyone that uses the term SJW is a warrior themselves, just for the status quo instead of social justice. It's getting to the point that people are taking a militant attitude towards any sign of giving a shit about anything about fairness in society for any non-majority group. How dare I care about gay people! The audacity! Except it goes further than that even, to the point where if there's a woman or a black person in a game, especially a major role, the SQWs cry SJW. It's laughable really. They don't deserve our attention.

"Almost everyone that uses the term SJW is a warrior themselves, just for the status quo instead of social justice."

or for common sense and reason

i mean the people fighting against the notion that there no biological differences between the sexes are not so much status quo warriors as they are anti-delusion warriors

Nah, you just can't handle the fact that a woman was in a video game. Seriously, it's a video game. If it were about ordinary people that can't beat up big bad guys, it'd be boring. You want white men because you're a white man and like the status quo. It's pretty disingenuous of you to pretend that you're defending society from some delusion about female strength when that's obviously not your concern. Seriously, just enjoy the game if it's fun, and stop worring about whether women can be badass or not.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
o_O.Q said:

"Almost everyone that uses the term SJW is a warrior themselves, just for the status quo instead of social justice."

i mean the people fighting against the notion that there no biological differences between the sexes are not so much status quo warriors as they are anti-delusion warriors

Nah, you just can't handle the fact that a woman was in a video game. Seriously, it's a video game. If it were about ordinary people that can't beat up big bad guys, it'd be boring. You want white men because you're a white man and like the status quo. It's pretty disingenuous of you to pretend that you're defending society from some delusion about female strength when that's obviously not your concern. Seriously, just enjoy the game if it's fun, and stop worring about whether women can be badass or not.

No one had a problem with female protagonists in Horizon and Tomb Raider. Hell, even Uncharted Lost Legacy. Its when they are put into the game for the sake of diversity that alarm bells start ringing.

Women don't belong on the British front lines in WW 2. As for TLOU 2, its Druckmann's interviews and his support of extremists like Anita that really get to me. I'll vote with my wallet.

I'm not a white male. I'm brown. As for other races, GTA San Andreas and GTA V have black protagonists and are popular among gamers. No one has problems when the characters are natural and well made and not there to please a few politically motivated individuals.

HylianSwordsman said:
o_O.Q said:

did you read my post? 

"You want white men because you're a white man and like the status quo."

i'm not, i'm actually a black man, i do understand that most developers are white males... and as a result its kind of obvious what types of characters they would gravitate towards creating

ironically i don't play video games and get all depressed because i can't at some times play a black man because i don't look at video games as a way to discriminate between sex or race but supposedly you do lol

"It's pretty disingenuous of you to pretend that you're defending society from some delusion about female strength"

um that's not even remotely close to what i said, my argument was that its quite clear that in many cases the people who are classified as sjws are indeed pushing retarded ideas and that its dishonest to just pretend that this is not the case

unless you think, for example, that there really are no biological differences between the sexes

"Seriously, just enjoy the game if it's fun"

isn't it the people you are defending that are radically trying to change games? why aren't you asking them to just enjoy games for what they are as i do?

GOWTLOZ said:
HylianSwordsman said:

No one had a problem with female protagonists in Horizon and Tomb Raider. Its when they are put into the game for the sake of diversity that alarm bells start ringing.

Women don't belong on the British front lines in WW 2. As for TLOU 2, its Druckmann's interviews and his support of extremists like Anita that really get to me. I'll vote with my wallet.

Well there were women in WWII, maybe not on the front lines, but they were there. Honestly, I don't give a shit if they put them in, it's a game. Why are you so offended that it isn't historically accurate? It just isn't something that requires any amount of activism. And yeah, Anita is irritating, but so are the people that say Ellie can't be badass because she's a girl. I like Ellie better than Joel, so I want her to be badass. That's not about "female superiority" so much as I just like her character better. There's no agenda there. And if the writers of ND have an agenda, why do you care? Their games are still fun. I agree they're overrated a bit, but then I preferred the Jak and Daxter games and Crash Bandicoot games to their modern work. But seriously, why do you try so hard to stop ND? How does their agenda threaten you or anyone? Why does it require boycotting? If they think that the sexes are close enough that they can fill similar roles, why on earth should that matter to you? It's not like men are all going to be forced to be stay at home dads just because a girl in a video game kicked some ass. Not to mention, as far as actual, practical, real-world consequences to the big scary SJW agenda go, the only one I've seen so far is that more girls seem to be into gaming. To me, that means more girls to date that like video games, which is a plus to me. Also, with gaming reaching new audiences, it has more defenders against the "video games cause violence" assholes. I see no cost to the supposed "extremism" of ND that could ever outweigh those benefits.

o_O.Q said:
HylianSwordsman said:

did you read my post? 

i'm not, i'm actually a black man, i do understand that most developers are white males... and as a result its kind of obvious what types of characters they would gravitate towards creating

ironically i don't play video games and get all depressed because i can't at some times play a black man because i don't look at video games as a way to discriminate between sex or race but supposedly you do lol

"It's pretty disingenuous of you to pretend that you're defending society from some delusion about female strength"

um that's not even remotely close to what i said, my argument was that its quite clear that in many cases the people who are classified as sjws are indeed pushing retarded ideas and that its dishonest to just pretend that this is not the case

unless you think, for example, that there really are no biological differences between the sexes

isn't it the people you are defending that are radically trying to change games? why aren't you asking them to just enjoy games for what they are as i do?

I don't care if you are a black man. I don't care if you don't mind playing white people. Good for you. There should be more of that. I have my own lines that I draw. I don't want heroes that already exist to be changed to minority status just to please people when they could just create a new character. And you say you're not defending society from a delusion about female strength right after your previous comment in which you say you're an "anti-delusion warrior", or at least defend those "anti-delusion warriors" lest you try to say "oh but I'm not one I just defend their arguments". And you say it right before you start talking about "biological differences between the sexes". If you're not talking about strength, then what biological difference are you so worried is misrepresented?

And you clearly aren't enjoying the games as they are or you wouldn't be an activist. Let the writers write what they want to write. How has this affected you that a girl kicked some ass in a video game? Or anything that ND is doing? How has any of it affected you? I just cannot grasp why you're so offended.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
GOWTLOZ said:

No one had a problem with female protagonists in Horizon and Tomb Raider. Its when they are put into the game for the sake of diversity that alarm bells start ringing.

Well there were women in WWII, maybe not on the front lines, but they were there. Honestly, I don't give a shit if they put them in, it's a game. Why are you so offended that it isn't historically accurate? It just isn't something that requires any amount of activism. And yeah, Anita is irritating, but so are the people that say Ellie can't be badass because she's a girl. I like Ellie better than Joel, so I want her to be badass. That's not about "female superiority" so much as I just like her character better. There's no agenda there. And if the writers of ND have an agenda, why do you care? Their games are still fun. I agree they're overrated a bit, but then I preferred the Jak and Daxter games and Crash Bandicoot games to their modern work. But seriously, why do you try so hard to stop ND? How does their agenda threaten you or anyone? Why does it require boycotting? If they think that the sexes are close enough that they can fill similar roles, why on earth should that matter to you? It's not like men are all going to be forced to be stay at home dads just because a girl in a video game kicked some ass. Not to mention, as far as actual, practical, real-world consequences to the big scary SJW agenda go, the only one I've seen so far is that more girls seem to be into gaming. To me, that means more girls to date that like video games, which is a plus to me. Also, with gaming reaching new audiences, it has more defenders against the "video games cause violence" assholes. I see no cost to the supposed "extremism" of ND that could ever outweigh those benefits.

Amazing.

There was more text... this is a heated issue, I'm not going to fuel it, but that line is amazing, you fight for equality!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

GOWTLOZ said:
HylianSwordsman said:

No one had a problem with female protagonists in Horizon and Tomb Raider. Hell, even Uncharted Lost Legacy. Its when they are put into the game for the sake of diversity that alarm bells start ringing.

I'm not a white male. I'm brown. As for other races, GTA San Andreas and GTA V have black protagonists and are popular among gamers. No one has problems when the characters are natural and well made and not there to please a few politically motivated individuals.

I see you edited your comment to talk about your race. Perhaps because the guy below you did? I don't care if you're black or brown or whatever. You're still upset that a girl is in a game, supposedly over historical accuracy or the girl being too strong or not emphasizing the differences between the sexes enough or whatever set you off, when it's just a damn game. Who cares if there's diversity? Who cares if the developer had an agenda? If the writing is bad, let that speak for itself. If the writing is good, enjoy it and stop being mad that a girl does something you think girls can't do in real life. It's a game.

HylianSwordsman said:
o_O.Q said:

did you read my post? 

I don't care if you are a black man. I don't care if you don't mind playing white people. Good for you. There should be more of that. I have my own lines that I draw. I don't want heroes that already exist to be changed to minority status just to please people when they could just create a new character. And you say you're not defending society from a delusion about female strength right after your previous comment in which you say you're an "anti-delusion warrior", or at least defend those "anti-delusion warriors" lest you try to say "oh but I'm not one I just defend their arguments". And you say it right before you start talking about "biological differences between the sexes". If you're not talking about strength, then what biological difference are you so worried is misrepresented?

And you clearly aren't enjoying the games as they are or you wouldn't be an activist. Let the writers write what they want to write. How has this affected you that a girl kicked some ass in a video game? Or anything that ND is doing? How has any of it affected you? I just cannot grasp why you're so offended.

Different things matter to different people. Example MGS2 many people were upset cause they had to play as raiden most of the game. playing as a character you really like, can relate too, and think is bad ass is huge part of gaming for some people.

Ganoncrotch said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Amazing.

There was more text... this is a heated issue, I'm not going to fuel it, but that line is amazing, you fight for equality!

I'm guessing that was a dig at me to say I'm a hypocrite? Don't misunderstand me. I don't demand that there be "equality" by virtue of more females, gays, and people of color in games, or that this will somehow make a more just society somehow. I just think the people getting all pissed about this are being silly. I'm no SJW that demands a black female trans version of every superhero, I just get tired of these angry men saying that there's an agenda on behalf of game developers to...what exactly, harm men in some way?

HylianSwordsman said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I see you edited your comment to talk about your race. Perhaps because the guy below you did? I don't care if you're black or brown or whatever. You're still upset that a girl is in a game, supposedly over historical accuracy or the girl being too strong or not emphasizing the differences between the sexes enough or whatever set you off, when it's just a damn game. Who cares if there's diversity? Who cares if the developer had an agenda? If the writing is bad, let that speak for itself. If the writing is good, enjoy it and stop being mad that a girl does something you think girls can't do in real life. It's a game.

You should care....

If you watch a youtube video which is sponsored by a group who want to get their message out to people that video will have a disclaimer in the description which mentions that the video is either being funded by or influenced by a 3rd party as they have to disclose that they are a mouthpiece for something.

If the creators of a story you are invited to play through have "an agenda" it should be something that people care about, say this was reversed 100% and they had an agenda in the game to deliberately make female characters in the game appear weaker or stupid, or not a male/female thing but if there was a racial agenda not directly spoken of, but clearly shown throughout the story by way of making a certain race appear inferior to others in intellect and strength. Would the same "who cares if the creators had an agenda" idea apply?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive