Forums - Movies Discussion - Scariest movie you've ever seen?

TruckOSaurus said:

The Ring and The Babadook. 

Edit: When I was 7 or 8, Poltergeist had me scared shitless.

Ah the Poltergeist movies, very good 80's horror and a theme that is oddly beautiful at the same time. Listen to this and dare tell me you don't love this music.

Around the Network

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but how about everyone's favorite species of psycho killer space monsters?

RIP John Hurt. :(

When I was 4 or 5, I use to go to Day Care, I remember this one time, the people thought it was a good idea to take us to the movies to watch Monster House. We were all just kids, so that movie was scary, okay. And the movie screen is huuuge. So anyway, I was super excited to watch it but soon wished I wasn't there. These scary scenes came up and I started crying and shit, so the Day Care ladies had to move me next to them. Then my friend started crying too because she got scared. So they made her sit in the same chair as me and we were both scared and squished together. Bad experience, I didn't watch that movie again until so many years later. That was one of the most scariest movies I've ever seen. It doesn't scare me anymore though, I just laugh at it now. It's weird because when I was 4, I stayed up late watching IT and that didn't scare me, yet Monster House did.

Now that I'm older and have seen plenty of horror movies, one of the scariest one's I've seen would probably be The Conjuring 2. That movie made me jumped so many times, even if I know it's gonna happen, I still jump. And some of the scenes really creep me out. I really like the movie though :)

Devour me like your unborn fetus 

The conjuring 1 and 2 where pretty scary and quite good horror movies.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

LittleSnake said:

When I was 4 or 5, I use to go to Day Care, I remember this one time, the people thought it was a good idea to take us to the movies to watch Monster House. We were all just kids, so that movie was scary, okay. And the movie screen is huuuge. So anyway, I was super excited to watch it but soon wished I wasn't there. These scary scenes came up and I started crying and shit, so the Day Care ladies had to move me next to them. Then my friend started crying too because she got scared. So they made her sit in the same chair as me and we were both scared and squished together. Bad experience, I didn't watch that movie again until so many years later. That was one of the most scariest movies I've ever seen. It doesn't scare me anymore though, I just laugh at it now. It's weird because when I was 4, I stayed up late watching IT and that didn't scare me, yet Monster House did.

Now that I'm older and have seen plenty of horror movies, one of the scariest one's I've seen would probably be The Conjuring 2. That movie made me jumped so many times, even if I know it's gonna happen, I still jump. And some of the scenes really creep me out. I really like the movie though :)

So you were scared by a poorly done motion captured movie about a man eating house, but not by a child eating clown and his blood balloons? XD

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
LittleSnake said:

So you were scared by a poorly done motion captured movie about a man eating house, but not by a child eating clown and his blood balloons? XD

Yes. I was a weird child.

Devour me like your unborn fetus 

Jack and Jill

The fact that it was made and people paid to see it absolutely terrify me.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Hands down The Exorcist. As a child, a babysitter let me and my sister watch it and it was one of the most frightening things I’ve ever seen. The head spin made me jump. As of late though, I don’t scare easily unless it’s a cheap jump scare. But a movie called Wolf Creek freaked me out and Hostel 1/2 are simply sick and terrifying.

I watched The Exorcist the other day because it’s probably the best Mother’s Day movie ever made. ;)

When i was 4 I caught part of 1960's The Fall of the House of Usher and it gave me nightmares. I'm guessing since it was 20 years old at the time and the effects were very dated that my parents didn't think it would freak me out ... but it did.

The only thing as an adult that scared or unnerved me was In the Mouth of Madness (1995). The effects suck especially today but the concept of mass perception of reality got under my skin at the time. Full disclosure it may have helped that I was high as a kite when I watched it.

emoji movie

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick