By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Scariest movie you've ever seen?

super_etecoon said:
Have you guys all seen A Quiet Place yet? Definitely puts you on edge. Pretty original idea and it doesn't rely to heavily on cheap scares.

It's on my "To See" list for sure.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Have you guys all seen A Quiet Place yet? Definitely puts you on edge. Pretty original idea and it doesn't rely to heavily on cheap scares.

I have, and while it's a great movie, I'd hardly call it "scary". It was unsettling at best.

I’m an avid horro film watcher and haven’t seen most of them films being named. Gives me some new ones to check out. To be honest I’ve never found any horror movie to be actually scary. What I find more scary are paranormal documentaries like A Haunting and Paranormal Survivor. I can watch horro films alone at late night. I cannot watch documentaries about hauntings alone at late night.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

KManX89 said:
super_etecoon said:

I have, and while it's a great movie, I'd hardly call it "scary". It was unsettling at best.

I don't really ever find horror movies "scary," particularly ghost/paranormal hauntings like the ones also mentioned in this thread.  Creepy and unsettling is the best I can hope for.  For truly scary I need a good suspense film where I truly believe something would happen.  It's hard to be afraid of ghost movies when you don't believe in them, no matter how hard you attempt to suspend disbelief.  Especially those awful reality shows.

The Exorcist for sure

Around the Network

Insidious is one the scariest movies/movie series I've ever watched!

Sinister had some pretty good jump scares

I was 11 when I saw it ... it gave me countless sleepless nights. I've never been more scared of a movie before and after. 

It has to be Signs. Being that I believe that Aliens exist somewhere in our galaxy, this movie captures the "there is an alien looking at me from the woods" feeling that I had for a season when I was like 7.

It’s rare for a horror movie to actually be scary (or good) with something deeper than jump-scares. Slasher movies are hardly ever scary at all. I’d say the best ones are Alien and The Exorcist, easily, but the one that I thought was actually the scariest I’ve seen was The Ring for some reason.