By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Psycho was one I saw as a kid that made me lock the door to the bathroom during showers for months after seeing it. I think people are the scariest monsters.

Around the Network

The Ring and The Babadook. 

Edit: When I was 7 or 8, Poltergeist had me scared shitless.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 14 May 2018

Signature goes here!

I don't really like horror movies, so I've seen very few of them. Probably the scariest movie I remember seeing was Signs. I was like 13 when it released and I remember being legit unsettled watching it that first time. Great movie though, M. Night might deserve all the criticism for the botch job he did on The Last Airbender, but he did an excellent job on Signs and deserves praise for it.

shikamaru317 said:

I don't really like horror movies, so I've seen very few of them. Probably the scariest movie I remember seeing was Signs. I was like 13 when it released and I remember being legit unsettled watching it that first time. Great movie though, M. Night might deserve all the criticism for the botch job he did on The Last Airbender, but he did an excellent job on Signs and deserves praise for it.

Apart from the fact that aliens who are deathly allergic to water decided to go on Earth.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
shikamaru317 said:

Apart from the fact that aliens who are deathly allergic to water decided to go on Earth.

Eh, many movies have logic fails like that, especially horror movies. Maybe the aliens didn't know they were allergic to H2O as they had never encountered it on another planet. I try not to pick apart movies too much. I found it enjoyable. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 May 2018

Around the Network

Good horror movies are very rare. I think the phsicological is more effective to me.
I wasn't reallt scared the firt time I think Shining was quite unnerving, a more recent example is The Antichrist by Lars Von Trier, also while it is a genere of its own Inland Empire was very unnerving at some points.

freebs2 said:
Good horror movies are very rare. I think the phsicological is more effective to me.
I wasn't reallt scared the firt time I think Shining was quite unnerving, a more recent example is The Antichrist by Lars Von Trier, also while it is a genere of its own Inland Empire was very unnerving at some points.

It doesn't help that Ready Player One recently did it's take on the bloody elevator from The Shining, and somehow made it more disturbing than before.

CaptainExplosion said:
freebs2 said:

It doesn't help that Ready Player One recently did it's take on the bloody elevator from The Shining, and somehow made it more disturbing than before.

Sorry, I haven't seen that yet

freebs2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Sorry, I haven't seen that yet

Well now you should.

Space Jam, with Michael Jordan. The way Jordan act is terrifying.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me