By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Jack and Jill

The fact that it was made and people paid to see it absolutely terrify me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Hands down The Exorcist. As a child, a babysitter let me and my sister watch it and it was one of the most frightening things I’ve ever seen. The head spin made me jump. As of late though, I don’t scare easily unless it’s a cheap jump scare. But a movie called Wolf Creek freaked me out and Hostel 1/2 are simply sick and terrifying.

I watched The Exorcist the other day because it’s probably the best Mother’s Day movie ever made. ;)

When i was 4 I caught part of 1960's The Fall of the House of Usher and it gave me nightmares. I'm guessing since it was 20 years old at the time and the effects were very dated that my parents didn't think it would freak me out ... but it did.

The only thing as an adult that scared or unnerved me was In the Mouth of Madness (1995). The effects suck especially today but the concept of mass perception of reality got under my skin at the time. Full disclosure it may have helped that I was high as a kite when I watched it.

emoji movie

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

When I was young, Child's Play scared the SHIT out of me and my brother. My brother to this day still are traumatized from toys (He is 31 lol) and Signs too,still love that one. Also The Thing (the original), I watched not that long ago and I wasn't that scared from a movie in a long time.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

I watched IT (the old version) when I was 8......

Holy fuck. So many. Nightmares.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Exorcism of emily rose.

The exorcist.

Paranormal Activities.

Scariest movie: Pennywise 

cosplay costume by: https://cosplay007.com/

CrazyGamer2017 said:
mZuzek said:

It's called just Alien.

I'm not sure what the "scariest" movie I've ever seen, there's been a few disturbing ones for sure, but I don't really watch movies for this. The best scary movie I've seen though, is for sure Alien.

It's known as "Alien: The 8th Passenger" in international markets.

Actually the first time i read this. Originally had a German subtitile here, though.

About the topic: The Conjuring is good, The Woman in Black had a great atmosphere as well.

When i was a kid it was pretty much the usual suspects others have named, like Poltergeist or Alien and maybe some b-movies.

Forgot Shining. Again, as a kid though.

The Grudge scared the shit out of me as a kid and made me fearful of that weird throat sound the ghost made for months. Even today that sound still gets me a bit. As for movies that got to me as a teenager or adult, I would guess Strangers as that one creeped me out and scared me during most of its run-time.  Oh yeah, and I don't think I've ever been more of blubbering baby than when I saw the alien walk-by in Signs. 7-8 year old me was scared shitless.