By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Not a lot of horror movies really scare me, anymore, but I remember coming home with the Unrated Dead Silence DVD from Blockbuster back when those were still around and watching it late at night alone with no lights on. Not gonna lie, that was one of, if not THE worst decision I've ever made in my life, that movie legit freaked me out, and I don't get scared easily this day and age. It legitimately gave me sleep troubles for a couple nights afterward. 

Other than that, The Conjuring II was pretty unsettling as well. A lot of people sitting near me in the theater were jumping out of their seats. Also, Poltergeist scared the living shit out of me when I was a kid, because I was one of the many poor young souls duped into thinking it was appropriate for kids due to the film's infamous PG rating. Anyone with half a brain knows it should've and would've been rated R today for this scene alone. 

Around the Network

Alien : the 8th Passenger

Either The Shutter (2004) Thai version or The Woman in Black.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Not a big fan of horror, but If I can choose one that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, it would be Alien.

It the 1990 version with the kids.
Was 11 years and it almost scarred me for life... couldnt go near drains for months after. :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Oh that is without a doubt and hands down "The Evil Dead" and I'm talking about the 1981 version, the original, the masterpiece that has in my opinion no equals when it comes to true gruesome horror.

While I can enjoy the sense of humor and comic situations of all the Evil Dead sequels, I'll NEVER EVER understand for the life of me why ANYONE could ever think that adding funny stuff in horror movies is a good idea?

Laughter and the emotions that it brings about are by essence the opposite of horror so by adding it to a horror movie you literally dilute the horror effect that was originally intended and that is why no sequel to this masterpiece could ever come close to the original.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 13 May 2018

Event Horizon. Watched it alone, lights out, at 1am. Freaked me out.

drbunnig said:
Event Horizon. Watched it alone, lights out, at 1am. Freaked me out.

Great movie, one of my favorites. What you need to do is play Dead Space (The first game, the second one is good too, forget the third, it's crap) right after watching Event Horizon at night and you'll have a great evening of quality horror.

mZuzek said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Alien : the 8th Passenger

It's called just Alien.

I'm not sure what the "scariest" movie I've ever seen, there's been a few disturbing ones for sure, but I don't really watch movies for this. The best scary movie I've seen though, is for sure Alien.

It's known as "Alien: The 8th Passenger" in international markets.