By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can WiiU and Switch combined pass the Xbox One Sales this generation?

Is it possible?

Yes 135 65.22%

No 23 11.11%

Perhaps 11 5.31%

Please stop this Switch w... 38 18.36%

Total:207

Hahahahahahahahah. That is all I have to say.

Around the Network

Switch will outsell Xbox.

ArchangelMadzz said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I have seen them and I disagree. Obviously once it's done I'll eat my words but we'll see. 

These are some tasty words *grabs napkin*

ArchangelMadzz said:

I've got switch at 40-50 million lifetime and Xbox one at 50-60 million lifetime. It will be close I think.

At least I was half right....

I gotta give you major props for owning up and performing your own necro.

Equal props to Rol for the killer line 'All I need to do is wait'

Jigsawx1 said:

And if you go another step back and put away your blinders away then you would see that Smartphones and tablets destroyed the handheld market (NDS+NDsL vs. 3ds) and that the way to create a hybrid console is the only way to not compete directly with xbox one and ps4, dont interpret me wrong its a nice idea and it will sell "well" (@ Xbox One Level)  but to think the switch will sell on the wii level is dreaming.

Jigsawx1 said:

But there is something let think about it ...... oh yeah its called "hype" hype`s are ending. I would align with you if the switch would have a good 3rd support but without that and without another Wii Sports game i dont see that happening........

Ooof, not only did the "hype" never end, but the Switch is going to sell higher than the Wii, PS1, GB, and PS4 when it's all said and done, let alone the Xbox One. Nintendo might be able to taste DS-esque sales if they make the right moves. 

These comments aged very poorly. 

Vinther1991 said:

Will Switch outsell Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined? ;)

You know what's funny? Maybe it will. I won't venture to say more, though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Vinther1991 said:

Will Switch outsell Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined? ;)

Console Sales

Xbox: 24m

Xbox 360: 84m

Xbox One: ~ 50m

Total: 158m

Switch can outsell all Past gen Xboxes together.

Doctor_MG said:
Jigsawx1 said:

And if you go another step back and put away your blinders away then you would see that Smartphones and tablets destroyed the handheld market (NDS+NDsL vs. 3ds) and that the way to create a hybrid console is the only way to not compete directly with xbox one and ps4, dont interpret me wrong its a nice idea and it will sell "well" (@ Xbox One Level)  but to think the switch will sell on the wii level is dreaming.

Jigsawx1 said:

But there is something let think about it ...... oh yeah its called "hype" hype`s are ending. I would align with you if the switch would have a good 3rd support but without that and without another Wii Sports game i dont see that happening........

Ooof, not only did the "hype" never end, but the Switch is going to sell higher than the Wii, PS1, GB, and PS4 when it's all said and done, let alone the Xbox One. Nintendo might be able to taste DS-esque sales if they make the right moves. 

These comments aged very poorly. 

Aaaaaaww boy how bad did that age and how eccentric were those arguments. Pathetic XD

Switch alone gonna outsell XBOX+Xbox360+Xboxone

Well, this definitive aged amazing lmfao

Well, looks like the "hype" has yet to end in the Switch's 5th year, and this system "without good 3rd party support" is on track to triple Xbox One's lifetime sales.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 April 2021

Some people are predicting Switch will outsell the PS2, so maybe this thread should be renamed "Will the Switch alone outsell the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One combined?"

Xbox - 24.65 Million
360 - 85.80
One - 50.04

Total - 160.49

PS2 - 157.68

So yeah, I personally think that's a HELL of a stretch, but based on some analysts I'm hearing and reading, it's entirely possible.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android