By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can WiiU and Switch combined pass the Xbox One Sales this generation?

Is it possible?

Yes 135 65.22%

No 23 11.11%

Perhaps 11 5.31%

Please stop this Switch w... 38 18.36%

Total:207
trunkswd said:
Runa216 said:

Some people are predicting Switch will outsell the PS2, so maybe this thread should be renamed "Will the Switch alone outsell the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One combined?"

Xbox - 24.65 Million
360 - 85.80
One - 50.04

Total - 160.49

PS2 - 157.68

So yeah, I personally think that's a HELL of a stretch, but based on some analysts I'm hearing and reading, it's entirely possible.

The Switch has a chance of becoming the best-selling gaming platform of all time. It is currently tracking ahead of the PS4 by a decent amount and nearly keeping up with the DS. It just depends how long Nintendo supports it with consistent games and when Nintendo's next console comes out. 

If any console's gonna do it, Switch is a prime candidate. It's one of my top three consoles of all time and I definitely like it more than the PS2 and DS. Since it's a handheld, I can imagine it sticking around a long, LONG while. Game Boy and DS were both, what....8 years? original Game boy was, including Color and Mini, like 14 or something? 

I'm in rambling mode. 

Point is, Switch is an amazing hybrid console, exactly what we needed when it came out, and it absolutely deserves all the success it's getting. I would be ecstatic to see it take the crown. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Switch is an amazing system but I feel like the one thing that's missing in terms of making it deserving of the #1 of all time spot would be more quality original content.

While it does have a lot of good games, most of them are late ports, and as much as I appreciate being able to play Witcher 3, Hellblade, and Doom Eternal as someone without a PS4 or Xbox One, it needs more fresh new stuff like Mario Odyssey and Monster Hunter Rise. Hopefully in the rest of its life this flaw is corrected.

trunkswd said:
The Switch is the first Nintendo console I've owned since the N64 and Game Boy Color. I couldn't pass up Pokemon Let's Go and Mario Odyssey. Mario 64 and Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow were a big part of my childhood. The funny thing is I stopped playing Pokemon after gen 1. I also have Pokemon Sword, Mario Kart, Super Mario Party, and Breath of the Wild. 

So you Jumped from Gen 1 to Last Gen haha interesting, I recommend you try Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

eddy7eddy said:
trunkswd said: The Switch is the first Nintendo console I've owned since the N64 and Game Boy Color. I couldn't pass up Pokemon Let's Go and Mario Odyssey. Mario 64 and Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow were a big part of my childhood. The funny thing is I stopped playing Pokemon after gen 1. I also have Pokemon Sword, Mario Kart, Super Mario Party, and Breath of the Wild. 

So you Jumped from Gen 1 to Last Gen haha interesting, I recommend you try Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

Where is Xenoblade 2?

Even if you change it to "Can Switch sales minus WiiU Sales double X1 sales?" and the answer would still be possibly can.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

You guys are being to harsh on the poor guy. The reason he was making this question was because he truly believed that with X1X the Xbox 1 family would outsell PS4 family,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

You guys are being to harsh on the poor guy. The reason he was making this question was because he truly believed that with X1X the Xbox 1 family would outsell PS4 family,

This is just sad.

Sure wish I had been posting when this thread was made, because this is a hoot to look back on. I want to know how wrong I was, too.

trunkswd said:
eddy7eddy said:

I'll most likely get one of the Diamond/Pearl remakes later this year. I remember enjoying the original Pokemon Snap as a kid, but I'll wait for the new one to go on sale. As for Xenoblade, it isn't my type of game. 

*Insert picture of a skeleton on a bench representing you waiting for a Nintendo game to go on sale*

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

trunkswd said:
eddy7eddy said:

I'll most likely get one of the Diamond/Pearl remakes later this year. I remember enjoying the original Pokemon Snap as a kid, but I'll wait for the new one to go on sale. As for Xenoblade, it isn't my type of game. 

I'm gonna get Arceus, I'm playing Pokemon Silver first, then Emerald, my old Blue version don't save anymore. Pokemon Snap was my favorite childhood spin off. You use to play the same games i use to play as a kid haha, that's why i recommended Xenoblade to you. 

I use to Play only Pokemon Blue and Yellow as my main RPG, then someone recommended me Xenoblade and i told him almost the same thing haha, then here I am playing Xenoblade 2 and waiting for Arceus. But i understand if people try it and don't like it.