By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can WiiU and Switch combined pass the Xbox One Sales this generation?

Is it possible?

Yes 135 65.22%

No 23 11.11%

Perhaps 11 5.31%

Please stop this Switch w... 38 18.36%

Total:207

I voted no. Switch will fail. Nintendo merges with SEGA to save gaming and they release Dreamcast 2. DC2 saves humanity. Saves the planet. Every sequel and remake you ever wanted is on DC2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Top notch analysis by jigsaw in this thread.

Signature goes here!

Leynos said:

I voted no. Switch will fail. Nintendo merges with SEGA to save gaming and they release Dreamcast 2. DC2 saves humanity. Saves the planet. Every sequel and remake you ever wanted is on DC2.

All hail Dreamcast 2!!!

Lmao this thread is hilarious.

A new thread should be "Will Switch outsell Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X?" or even "When will Switch outsell the Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X?"

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

mountaindewslave said:

mark my words- there is zero chance the X-One ends up over 50 million. Microsoft has cut off the systems legs by refusing to work on quality exclusives and by sharing it's best potential exclusives (cough Minecraft) with the PC market as well as some of the competitors.  Not only that but the Xbox One is on a downward trend, it's sales have been far from exceptional lately and the reality is the word of mouth is quite poor for the X One X as it feels like a slightly unecessary step (not a full evolution forward)

I don't see how the Xbox One sells 20 million more systems in the current market when the PS4 is doing like triple or more sales weekly and the only market that the Xbox One is still alive in is the US

Well...

Around the Network

...and wait he did, and time did favor the stouthearted.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Will Switch outsell Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined? ;)

Nope

And Nintendo is doomed

Lmao. Always remember before you post folks, what your posts might look like in 4 years if things don't go the way you think/want.

This thread is even more embarrassing cause of the fact that the OP decided the Switch+Wii U sales would be comparable to Xbox One's sales DESPITE the Switch already proving by July 2017 that it was going to be a hit. Why did this guy think this thread was even somewhat logical. Maybe before the Switch launched to historic sales i could understand the existence of this thread, but after the Switch launched to historic numbers is just laughably stupid.