By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can WiiU and Switch combined pass the Xbox One Sales this generation?

Is it possible?

Yes 135 65.22%

No 23 11.11%

Perhaps 11 5.31%

Please stop this Switch w... 38 18.36%

Total:207
Runa216 said:
trunkswd said:

I'll most likely get one of the Diamond/Pearl remakes later this year. I remember enjoying the original Pokemon Snap as a kid, but I'll wait for the new one to go on sale. As for Xenoblade, it isn't my type of game. 

*Insert picture of a skeleton on a bench representing you waiting for a Nintendo game to go on sale*

Most of them will go on sale at some point, only BotW, SSBU, ACNH and Pokèmon games don't ever go on sale on the eshop, at least where I live.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
eddy7eddy said:

So you Jumped from Gen 1 to Last Gen haha interesting, I recommend you try Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

Where is Xenoblade 2?

In my heart haha, I played Xenoblade 1 first thats why I look for people who can like that one first, then when the time is right they can play the second one or vice-versa.

DonFerrari said:

Even if you change it to "Can Switch sales minus WiiU Sales double X1 sales?" and the answer would still be possibly can.

It only needs to sell another 30 million to clear that, unless Nintendo pull the plug way too early it should achieve that much midway through next year.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Even if you change it to "Can Switch sales minus WiiU Sales double X1 sales?" and the answer would still be possibly can.

It only needs to sell another 30 million to clear that, unless Nintendo pull the plug way too early it should achieve that much midway through next year.

Let's say X1 sells 60M (we don't have official numbers) then Switch would need 130M to be double plus 10M. But yes if we consider 50M it would need to sell 110M and that I doubt Switch won't cross.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

trunkswd said:
Runa216 said:

*Insert picture of a skeleton on a bench representing you waiting for a Nintendo game to go on sale*

Tell me about it. There are several games I am waiting to be like $30 or less before picking them up. Very few games are worth a full $60. I guess I am spoiled with games like Skyrim and the newer Assassin's Creed games and whatnot that I can put 100+ hours in a single playthrough, as well as having Game Pass. 

Nintendo games maintain those prices for a reason...

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network
scottslater said:
trunkswd said:

Tell me about it. There are several games I am waiting to be like $30 or less before picking them up. Very few games are worth a full $60. I guess I am spoiled with games like Skyrim and the newer Assassin's Creed games and whatnot that I can put 100+ hours in a single playthrough, as well as having Game Pass. 

Nintendo games maintain those prices for a reason...

Because Nintendo doesn't cut them and its userbase accepts it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Here is a better question: Can Xbox Series and PS5 combined pass the Vita sales this generation?

curl-6 said:

Switch is an amazing system but I feel like the one thing that's missing in terms of making it deserving of the #1 of all time spot would be more quality original content.

While it does have a lot of good games, most of them are late ports, and as much as I appreciate being able to play Witcher 3, Hellblade, and Doom Eternal as someone without a PS4 or Xbox One, it needs more fresh new stuff like Mario Odyssey and Monster Hunter Rise. Hopefully in the rest of its life this flaw is corrected.

You're right. Take a game like Octopath Traveler for example. I absolutely adored that game, and I am not even that big of a JRPG fan, but that game had me hooked for over 100 hours. I need more games like that. It does not even need to be many more, just a couple more and I will be greatly satisfied. 

I do believe that this flaw you brought up will be corrected though. I am very hopeful. 

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Let's say X1 sells 60M (we don't have official numbers) then Switch would need 130M to be double plus 10M. But yes if we consider 50M it would need to sell 110M and that I doubt Switch won't cross.

I don't see Xbone sales going very far passed 50 million so I'd say 30 million should cover it.

Valdney said:
curl-6 said:

Switch is an amazing system but I feel like the one thing that's missing in terms of making it deserving of the #1 of all time spot would be more quality original content.

While it does have a lot of good games, most of them are late ports, and as much as I appreciate being able to play Witcher 3, Hellblade, and Doom Eternal as someone without a PS4 or Xbox One, it needs more fresh new stuff like Mario Odyssey and Monster Hunter Rise. Hopefully in the rest of its life this flaw is corrected.

You're right. Take a game like Octopath Traveler for example. I absolutely adored that game, and I am not even that big of a JRPG fan, but that game had me hooked for over 100 hours. I need more games like that. It does not even need to be many more, just a couple more and I will be greatly satisfied. 

I do believe that this flaw you brought up will be corrected though. I am very hopeful. 

Yeah I'm also hopeful it'll be fixed. BOTW2 and Splatoon 3 for instance are on the way.

Like I say, it's not a huge problem when it has plenty of quality multiplatform titles, but fresh new games are just more exciting, and being built for the hardware can provide a more tailored experience. It's already an excellent system but I think that's the one thing it's missing to make it truly a best of all time candidate.