By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

On the SNES ? Did you mean Dragon Warrior V then :P I didn't know there was an English version of the game aside from the PS2,DS/IOS ports knowdays.

Well back then, I had emulated it lol , so it was a fan translation.

JWeinCom said:

Unless you're dead set on playing through the entire series, I would just skip Metroid 1. Zero Mission on GBA is a much better version of that. 

I am planning to play the entire series.

Neat.

Now I hope you good spatial memory or prepare yourself to draw your own map will playing the first game 🤭

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

On the SNES ? Did you mean Dragon Warrior V then :P I didn't know there was an English version of the game aside from the PS2,DS/IOS ports knowdays.

Well back then, I had emulated it lol , so it was a fan translation.

JWeinCom said:

Unless you're dead set on playing through the entire series, I would just skip Metroid 1. Zero Mission on GBA is a much better version of that. 

I am planning to play the entire series.

If you insist on playing the whole series, I'd start with Metroid one then. Otherwise it will feel like a huge step back. Either that or Other M, so you'll have nowhere to go but up.

Downloading Paper Mario TTYD, will be my first PM game. Should be a year of firsts for me on Switch, got XC3 at 50hrs that I’ll finish up after PM which will be the first XC I ever finish. Any game franchises I should play on Switch?? I was never a Nintendo fan growing up so I've barely played any Nintendo franchises.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Downloading Paper Mario TTYD, will be my first PM game. Should be a year of firsts for me on Switch, got XC3 at 50hrs that I’ll finish up after PM which will be the first XC I ever finish. Any game franchises I should play on Switch?? I was never a Nintendo fan growing up so I've barely played any Nintendo franchises.

Give Xenoblade 1 and 2 a shot if you haven't already. Do it in that order, as I think 2 is a slightly weaker link and you should save for last.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Luigi's Mansion 3

Super Mario Maker 2

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Those are my biggest recommendations. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

VersusEvil said:

What kind of games are you into? Any particular genres?

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Imma guess if you're playing XC3, you either have played XC2/XC DE too or going too after it because I'll warn you about going straight into it's DLC story of you haven't 😅

Anywoo, clearly you'll have to tell us about kind of game you're gunning for on the Switch.

Since you're playing PM TTYD, I guess PM Origami King would also be a good candidate to look for.

Also if you like your platformers, DK Tropical Freeze, Kirby and The Forgotten Land, Super Mario Odyssey, 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Wonder are must own of the genre.

In the meantime, Metroid Dread, Pikmin 4 or Luigi's Mansion 3 could be great additions to your library too.

Also, if you haven't played one of the two 3D Zelda on the consoles yet, prolly go for Tears of the Kingdom straight up. It's more feature rich than it's predecessor.

Haven't talked about the bigger evergreens too like Smash or MK8 DX lol.

That was also just 1st party, there's a pretty nice sleuth of 3rd party games depending on what you own on other platforms but I guess it's "better" to own it elsewhere due to better performance on other platforms, if that's a point of contention for you.

@curl-6

RPGs are my go to genre, think I just enjoy rewarding gameplay loops :P

@Wman1996

@Mar1217

Xenoblade Chronicles:  I’ve never played XC1 and from what I played of XC2 I didn’t enjoy it, it just didn’t click. XC3 tho I’m enjoying. If Switch got a XCX port that be great as (I never finished it but) it was a lot of fun. 

Luigi’s Mansion 3/Animal Crossing NH: AC:NH is fantastic and LM3 was a random purchase a few yrs ago that I enjoyed quite a bit and finished.

Zelda: Only ever finished WWHD. Playing TotK here and there, gonna get back into it properly once I’ve finished a few of my current games. 

The other stuff I haven’t played, the main platformers, Fire Emblem and Pikimin etc. I’ll check out some demos. 

Thanks. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

@curl-6

@Wman1996

@Mar1217

Xenoblade Chronicles:  I’ve never played XC1 and from what I played of XC2 I didn’t enjoy it, it just didn’t click. XC3 tho I’m enjoying. If Switch got a XCX port that be great as (I never finished it but) it was a lot of fun. 

Luigi’s Mansion 3/Animal Crossing NH: AC:NH is fantastic and LM3 was a random purchase a few yrs ago that I enjoyed quite a bit and finished.

Zelda: Only ever finished WWHD. Playing TotK here and there, gonna get back into it properly once I’ve finished a few of my current games. 

The other stuff I haven’t played, the main platformers, Fire Emblem and Pikimin etc. I’ll check out some demos. 

Thanks. 

Well RPG wise there's Bravely Default II, Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem Three Houses/Engage if you like strategy RPGs, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Live a Live, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Neo The World Ends With You.

As far as rewarding loops in general I'd throw in Astral Chain, Metroid Dread, Splatoon 2 and 3, Lunistice, and Mario Odyssey/Wonder in addition to the ones you've mentioned.

If you don't have an Xbox or just want to play portably the two Ori games are also fantastic.

VersusEvil said:

@curl-6

@Wman1996

@Mar1217

Thanks. 

Oh well, at least you managed to tell with the series, so you do you really haha. 

But if this is about RPGs, it goes to say that I'd recommend Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Octopath Traveler 2, Shin Megami Tensei V(The Vengeance edition is coming though) Triangle Strategy, Dragon Quest XI S and Live A Live are great games also available on the platform if you're wondering about too 👌

I finished the story mode for Dragon Ball Fighter Z yesterday.

Going into Arcade mode. 23 hours into it so far.