By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLXVER said:

Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown is a really great metroidvania. I highly recommend it. Fun to explore and upgrade your stuff in this game. Great boss fights as well. And best of all no BS like in some metroidvanias were you have to like...sniff three buckets of water and spin around three times next to a bookshelf to unlock the TRUE final boss and get the TRUE ending. I hate that shit. You spend hours upon hours playing the game and when you beat it, its like "Nope. Fuck you. Not the true end. Go do some BS and come back"

What would you say is the emphasis ratio between exploration/platforming puzzles and combat? Does the map design and traversal lean more towards Castlevania or Metroid?

Around the Network
AddRat said:
KLXVER said:

Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown is a really great metroidvania. I highly recommend it. Fun to explore and upgrade your stuff in this game. Great boss fights as well. And best of all no BS like in some metroidvanias were you have to like...sniff three buckets of water and spin around three times next to a bookshelf to unlock the TRUE final boss and get the TRUE ending. I hate that shit. You spend hours upon hours playing the game and when you beat it, its like "Nope. Fuck you. Not the true end. Go do some BS and come back"

What would you say is the emphasis ratio between exploration/platforming puzzles and combat? Does the map design and traversal lean more towards Castlevania or Metroid?

Maybe 70-80% explaration/platforming puzzles and 20-30% combat. Map design and traversal more like Metroid, but combat more like Castlevania. 

GoOnKid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Agreed, but I think Princess Daisy would look better dark skinned because she's supposed to be from a desert kingdom. It would just make more sense to me.

Is she, though? The Mushroom Kingdom doesn't consist only of deserts.

No, she's from Sarasaland.

KLXVER said:
AddRat said:

Maybe 70-80% explaration/platforming puzzles and 20-30% combat. Map design and traversal more like Metroid, but combat more like Castlevania. 

That sounds like what I was missing, between Hollow Knight, Ender Lillies, Death's Gambti and more, there's quite a large selection of good combat focused metroidvanias but less that take advantage of the other aspects.

The problem is that this makes me want to grab it right now and my backlog is in danger of getting out of hand again.

CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

No, she's from Sarasaland.

True, but Sarasaland is pretty diverse, too. From the Mario Wiki:

Birabuto Kingdom: influenced by ancient Egypt.
Muda Kingdom: based on Bermuda.
Easton Kingdom: based on Easter Island.
Chai Kingdom: influenced by mythical ancient China.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Agreed, but I think Princess Daisy would look better dark skinned because she's supposed to be from a desert kingdom. It would just make more sense to me.

GoOnKid said:

This artwork looks way better than anything in the actual game lmao

Splatoon 3's Sider Order expansion launches February 22nd:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459725/splatoon-3-expansion-pass-wave-2-side-order-releases-february-22/

I'm about to finish up the World of Balance in FFVI Pixel Remaster.

(While ironically already having finished up the final dungeon in Final Fantasy VI Mobile remake on PC last night lol)

BasilZero said:

I'm about to finish up the World of Balance in FFVI Pixel Remaster.

(While ironically already having finished up the final dungeon in Final Fantasy VI Mobile remake on PC last night lol)

You could've saved yourself of so much pain by ignoring the phone version 😭

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

curl-6 said:

Splatoon 3's Sider Order expansion launches February 22nd:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459725/splatoon-3-expansion-pass-wave-2-side-order-releases-february-22/

I find it weird that they intend to keep this ammunition for the supposed Direct next month. Doesn't mean they couldn't talk about it there but makes me wonder if we're gonna another slew of shadow drop announcements in the coming weeks.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909