By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:
Runa216 said:

Just finished Mario RPG. Not 100% but like 95% (All I have left is Culex and the rematches.....and the 100 jumps dealio)

I usually get all 99 flowers but this run I came up short at 97. So I had to grind by getting mushrooms in the Forest Maze and giving them to the mushroom dude in Seaside Town after going to Land's end. Eventually you'll get 'flower tab' mushrooms that increase your FP.

Great game. It was a little easy, though. One of my personal completion criteria was filling up the Monster List/Bestiary and....I shit you not...I kept beating bosses too fast for many of the entries to show up. SO...to fix that, once you beat the game the slots fill in but without the Check Mark (If you know you know), and you can pay to have the check marks filled in with 3 Frog Coins per entry. If you care about that. Which I do.

I'm scared to do postgame stuff. Won't lie.

Hum ... You ok ? The game released just yesterday. That's super fast completion there 😅

Mario RPG is one of my all-time favourite games. one of only two to get a 9.9 (nothing gets a 10), and I can beat the game in an afternoon. The remake is VERY faithful to the original, so I had no problem blasting through it. 

Worth the wait. Worth the time. Worth the money. Absolute gem. 

Still working on the 100 jumps though. I'm up to 91. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Am I the only one sad that nothing came of Project Giant Robot?

CaptainExplosion said:

Yes

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yes

I just want Nintendo to do a new robot combat game after all these years. -_-

Got my '100%' completion for Mario RPG. It's not actually 100% but I did all the criteria I wanted to do.

Beat the game/Got all 7 stars
Maxed out my FP/Flower Points
Completed the Monster List/Bestiary
Bought all the Frog Coin items
Got all the Equipment I like to use
Got 100 Jumps in a row (30 for Attack Scarf, 100 for Super Suit)
Defeat Culex
Did all of the Post-Game rematches
Defeat Culex Rematch

What a wonderful game and a truly great experience. I sincerely and truly hope for either NG+ or Hard mode. I loved the game a LOT and it's one of my favourite remasters of one of my favourite games, but even with the new addition post-game content it was too easy. Yes, I mastered the game ages ago (Can do the Culex fight as low as level 16 when the recommended level is 28-30), but I was hoping the remaster would adjust the difficulty a bit but it was actually easier once you adjusted to the new animations/timing.

Lovely game, though. Would be on my favourite game list even if it wasn't a remake. 9.9/10, same score as the original. (Well, I tend to do that, it's likely more of a 9.5)

The only thing I want is NG+/Hard mode. Then it'd be perfect.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

Played some more of Super Mario RPG.

5 hours in - Lv 10

Just made it to Booster Tower after getting the third star.

There's just so much charm in this game - just love it.

BasilZero said:

Played some more of Super Mario RPG.

5 hours in - Lv 10

Just made it to Booster Tower after getting the third star.

There's just so much charm in this game - just love it.

Had you never played it before? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Yeah, going through the game this weekend made me understand how potentially short this game can be.

10 hours in without rushing and I already found like 5 of the seven stars to find. Halfway through Land's End btw.

Though I ain't gonna complain about the length since it mixes up really well with the longer RPGs I'm playing currently.

Game is indeed charming as heck. Bowser's personality steals part of the show as usual but I gotta highlight how emotive Mario is only with the use of his animations. The child playing with his Mario's crew dolls was the highlight of comedy in this game.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Yeah, going through the game this weekend made me understand how potentially short this game can be.

10 hours in without rushing and I already found like 5 of the seven stars to find. Halfway through Land's End btw.

Though I ain't gonna complain about the length since it mixes up really well with the longer RPGs I'm playing currently.

Game is indeed charming as heck. Bowser's personality steals part of the show as usual but I gotta highlight how emotive Mario is only with the use of his animations. The child playing with his Mario's crew dolls was the highlight of comedy in this game.

Considering the game is short, a manageable difficulty (especially if you choose easy) and I've heard it's great, I have no reason not to get it.

But I'm mulling over if I want to use my remaining Game Voucher for it. I guess it depends if there's some other first-party game I really want to get soon. 

I only tried Super Mario RPG for a bit on Wii VC back in the day and was too obtuse I suppose to stick with it. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Sometimes you're like me and have a big backlog to get through, so shorter games can be good in that case.