By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Mario RPG-style remake of Star Fox and one of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy will be on Switch 2, better yet at least one of them as a launch title.

I sincerely hope we're are not getting one of those. I would much prefer new games on their respective franchise instead. Especially since we already have the DKC trilogy and Star Fox games on the NSO.

But NSO isn't guaranteed to last forever, and there are obviously more than graphical improvements that would be made with Super Mario RPG-esque remakes of the DKC trilogy and first two Star Fox games (Star Fox 64 is more the third game now that Star Fox 2 is uncancelled). Besides, they could very likely help rejuvenate their respective franchises like F-Zero 99 has.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Mario RPG-style remake of Star Fox and one of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy will be on Switch 2, better yet at least one of them as a launch title.

I sincerely hope we're are not getting one of those. I would much prefer new games on their respective franchise instead. Especially since we already have the DKC trilogy and Star Fox games on the NSO.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze was the last decent Donkey Kong... It released almost 10 years ago and was ironically also the last game released by Retro Studios, who may end up going through an entire console generation without a single game release.

And StarFox Zero basically bombed.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 26 November 2023

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mar1217 said:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze was the last decent Donkey Kong... It released almost 10 years ago and was ironically also the last game released by Retro Studios, who may end up going through an entire console generation without a single game release.

Star Fox Zero failed because of the forced motion controls and awkward implementation of the Wii U gamepad.

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I truly never understood this stance. This 'don't give us remakes, give us new games' attitude. Like, you know it's not a matter of only getting one OR the other, right? and many remakes, remasters, or ports cost significantly less and take considerably less time than a whole new game. something like MArio RPG has far lower dev costs and resource usage than something like Final Fantasy VII Remake. 

You don't have to sacrifice one to get another, you can have both. And often times a remake is a gauge to check interest on the IP/game to see if more are required or if there's interest. 

Especially when it's clear many of us are enthralled with this remake and are ecstatic to see how the game was appropriately upgraded and improved from its already stellar original form. 

I just genuinely think the 'stop giving us remakes, give us exclusively new content' argument is bad and has been bad since day one and will continue to be bad for as long as the medium exists. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Talk about a gaming session !

I managed in one sitting to actually finish from Land's End to the end of the game + Beating the post game bosses and the Super Boss as well.

Phew ! Grand life to RPG that are around 20 hours long !

Overall, it was a good experience. You can easily understand the fondness most people who played the original had back then. Still I think this game has been surpassed by its contemporaries since water flew under the bridge.

A sincerely good 8/10 !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

My nearly 9.5 year-old Wii U is not powering up and the light is off. I'm going to have to contact some of my family members who have a Wii U it seems and borrow an AC adapter. I hope that's all it is, because buying an AC adapter is easier than replacing batteries or going under the hood.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

My nearly 9.5 year-old Wii U is not powering up and the light is off. I'm going to have to contact some of my family members who have a Wii U it seems and borrow an AC adapter. I hope that's all it is, because buying an AC adapter is easier than replacing batteries or going under the hood.

Gotta play my Xenoblade Chronicles X somehow. It's basically why I have it connected still 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CaptainExplosion said:
Pemalite said:

Star Fox Zero failed because of the forced motion controls and awkward implementation of the Wii U gamepad.

It doesn't help the WiiU as a platform bombed as well.

But yes, the main issue is with the gamepad and how it was forced in an unintuitive way.

I think I got to the 3rd level and just shelved the game in the hopes of a patch or update which would make it more "conventional". - Or a Switch port which would resolve all those problems... But alas. Nothing.

PlatinumGames who made the title are generally solid developers, sadly they didn't support the title.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mar1217 said:
Wman1996 said:

Gotta play my Xenoblade Chronicles X somehow. It's basically why I have it connected still 

Yup, X is one of the top reasons people hang onto a Wii U. 

I think X Definitive Edition (or at least a generic port with changed controls) is all but guaranteed but will wait for NG/Switch 2. Xenoblade games run with clear compromises on Switch, and X should really wait for a more powerful system at this point. X was ambitious for its time for a Nintendo title in terms of scope and file size. 

I played X for about an hour and a half when I got it on clearance 5 years ago. I don't think I'll ever want to play much more because it's grindy and there's no casual mode. I've read it's harder than Xenoblade Chronicles, which is one of the toughest games (for me) I beat the main quest on (no casual difficulty selection on Wii). 

Thankfully, trying the Ac adapter a few more times seems to have fixed the Wii U for now. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

They absolutely made Super Mario RPG easier.

I just finished fighting Jynx in all 3 rounds in one go - didnt even struggle against the third fight which I really struggled on the SNES version.

Anyways, 10 hours in and loving the game so much.