By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is the level cap in the Super Mario RPG remake the same as the original?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

They absolutely made Super Mario RPG easier.

I just finished fighting Jynx in all 3 rounds in one go - didnt even struggle against the third fight which I really struggled on the SNES version.

Anyways, 10 hours in and loving the game so much.

He can basically one shot kill anyone in the third fight if you are not timed well to negate his attacks, which I couldn't lol but I managed to win nonetheless. 

The post-game fight against Booster was my hardest fight of the whole game because of his gimmick though.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CaptainExplosion said:

Yes, level 30.

Mar1217 said:

He can basically one shot kill anyone in the third fight if you are not timed well to negate his attacks, which I couldn't lol but I managed to win nonetheless. 

The post-game fight against Booster was my hardest fight of the whole game because of his gimmick though.

Yeah but when I last played Super Mario RPG (and after I looked at my video of when I recorded the SNES version two years ago) - I was getting hit for like 150+ dmg even from his regular attacks. I was using up Pick me up almost every turn - was higher level (and basically at end game) and I even had the Lazy Shell weapon for Mario at the time.

I'm lower level in the remake and only got 5 out of the 7 stars and I breezed through it.

Hopefully the post game boss challenge version of Jynx is more challenging.

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yes, level 30.

Mar1217 said:

Yeah but when I last played Super Mario RPG (and after I looked at my video of when I recorded the SNES version two years ago) - I was getting hit for like 150+ dmg even from his regular attacks. I was using up Pick me up almost every turn - was higher level (and basically at end game) and I even had the Lazy Shell weapon for Mario at the time.

I'm lower level in the remake and only got 5 out of the 7 stars and I breezed through it.

Wait, you could fight Booster in the original game? I've played through it probably in excess of 100 times by now and had no clue. I was genuinely shocked when there was a Booster fight in the post game of the remake. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
BasilZero said:

Yes, level 30.

Mar1217 said:

Wait, you could fight Booster in the original game? I've played through it probably in excess of 100 times by now and had no clue. I was genuinely shocked when there was a Booster fight in the post game of the remake. 

I think the Booster fight in the original is triggered if you get caught while trying to hide behind the curtains in Booster's tower.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Yeah if you get caught in the end of the Booster Tower dungeon.

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah if you get caught in the end of the Booster Tower dungeon.

Huh. I think I Remember hearing that but I've never been caught. Always got the amulet. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Huh. I think I Remember hearing that but I've never been caught. Always got the amulet. 

From at least 10 times I played the SNES version, I got caught like probably 2-3 times (the first time playing for sure lol).

Anyways, I'm at Barrel Volcano and I'm about to fight the boss there.

Once I'm done with that, I'll go after Culex and then the final dungeon and post game.

Btw, got the Lazy Shell and Mario is at lv 28 (Max lv is 30).

That exp booster is nice.

---

I've also been playing Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster....I'm just cheesing my playthrough on the Switch (and will seriously play it when I buy the games again on Playstation) - mastered Ninja, most of the magic jobs and other attack jobs.

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

I've also been playing Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster....I'm just cheesing my playthrough on the Switch (and will seriously play it when I buy the games again on Playstation) - mastered Ninja, most of the magic jobs and other attack jobs.

The Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster was great, but it kinda sucks for getting the Platinum. It had me vexed for a few months despite the other games on the Pixel Remaster list taking a matter of days at most. I think IV and VI both took me 3 days, 1 took me 1 day, and 2 and 3 each took me 2 days. but V? I was stuck on V from June to like October or something. Trying to juggle the Blue Magic and maximize all the jobs took forever EVEN WITH the boosters. 

Great game. Truly great game with an amazing story and great characters. Not fun to get the 100%/Platinum Trophy. I'd say it's on par with IV, overall. 

Man, I'd never played all the way through II before (Didn't care for the levelling system) and had never touched III, but having done the entire gauntlet of 1-6 via Pixel Remasters...I can say that there wasn't a dud in that series. 1-10 were all bonafide classics, all amazing games. Any franchise that can maintain a 10-game streak is damn impressive. 

I also love 12, but 11, 12, 13, 14's original version, and 15 were all pretty polarizing for different reasons. it wasn't until 16 came out earlier this year that I felt the same way I did during the franchise's best day. I legitimately liked XVI as much as VII, X, and XII, and even more than VIII and IX. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

The Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster was great, but it kinda sucks for getting the Platinum. It had me vexed for a few months despite the other games on the Pixel Remaster list taking a matter of days at most. I think IV and VI both took me 3 days, 1 took me 1 day, and 2 and 3 each took me 2 days. but V? I was stuck on V from June to like October or something. Trying to juggle the Blue Magic and maximize all the jobs took forever EVEN WITH the boosters. 

Great game. Truly great game with an amazing story and great characters. Not fun to get the 100%/Platinum Trophy. I'd say it's on par with IV, overall. 

Man, I'd never played all the way through II before (Didn't care for the levelling system) and had never touched III, but having done the entire gauntlet of 1-6 via Pixel Remasters...I can say that there wasn't a dud in that series. 1-10 were all bonafide classics, all amazing games. Any franchise that can maintain a 10-game streak is damn impressive. 

I also love 12, but 11, 12, 13, 14's original version, and 15 were all pretty polarizing for different reasons. it wasn't until 16 came out earlier this year that I felt the same way I did during the franchise's best day. I legitimately liked XVI as much as VII, X, and XII, and even more than VIII and IX. 

Jachol Cave has the silver squirrel and brown squirrel enemies - at 4x booster, the brown ones give 5 ABP and the silver one gives 20 ABP.

I mastered half of all the jobs for all the characters in about 3-4 hours , pretty much all the major ones I wanted (Knight, Monk, Ninja, Berserker, Ranger for Bartz and Galuf ---- White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Geomancer for Lenna and Faris).

I finished FF1, 2, 3 and 4 Pixel remasters back to back on Switch, will play VI next.

I've been a fan of the series since the 1990s (through emulation of IV, V and VI) but didnt get into the series until the 2000s. I've played pretty much at least 3 versions of each of the mainline FF games from 1-9. I've only finished the PS2 versions of 10/12, PS3 versions of 13/13-2 and PS4 version of 15.