By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I finished the final boss of Super Mario Bros. Wonder today and I just started Super Mario RPG on Switch.
2013 may have been the disastrous Year of Luigi, but 2023 seems to be the Year of Mario in games, theme parks (Nintendo Land made its US debut early this year) and of course the film.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

I finished the final boss of Super Mario Bros. Wonder today and I just started Super Mario RPG on Switch.
2013 may have been the disastrous Year of Luigi, but 2023 seems to be the Year of Mario in games, theme parks (Nintendo Land made its US debut early this year) and of course the film.

Disastrous? But it's the year we got Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wman1996 said:

Financially it was a big loss for Nintendo. They lost about 456 million USD for the fiscal year (April 2013-March 2014).

Yes, there were quality games. But this current year/fiscal year is quality games and a ton of money for Nintendo. 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Financially it was a big loss for Nintendo. They lost about 456 million USD for the fiscal year (April 2013-March 2014).

Yes, there were quality games. But this current year/fiscal year is quality games and a ton of money for Nintendo. 

Well it was the Wii U era, Nintendo was stupid at the time.

Just got the sixth star piece at 13 hours in Super Mario RPG.

Also beat Culex since I felt confident enough due to Mario hitting the max level (30) thanks to the Exp Booster.

Remake version was easier but I found it worrying due to the limited number of pick me ups I could carry lol

Off to the final dungeon!

Around the Network

I just got the first star today in Super Mario RPG. My first impressions are really positive so far. It just reaffirms my wish for a remake of Paper Mario so that the trinity of home console Mario RPGs can be complete with remakes.
Maybe Nintendo will release a Paper Mario remake in the mid to late 2020s after the success of Super Mario RPG and the inevitable success of PM: TTYD.

Wman1996 said:

I just got the first star today in Super Mario RPG. My first impressions are really positive so far. It just reaffirms my wish for a remake of Paper Mario so that the trinity of home console Mario RPGs can be complete with remakes.
Maybe Nintendo will release a Paper Mario remake in the mid to late 2020s after the success of Super Mario RPG and the inevitable success of PM: TTYD.

We must make it a success!!

Today I learned the NES was called SAMURAI in India. https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/12/did-you-know-the-nes-had-a-much-cooler-name-in-india

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Today I learned the NES was called SAMURAI in India. https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/12/did-you-know-the-nes-had-a-much-cooler-name-in-india

That's pretty awesome. :) 

Anyone here remember the fly swatting minigame in Mario Paint? I kinda wanna see it get it's own game, but how to best evolve it from the one in Mario Paint?

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

That's pretty awesome. :) 

Anyone here remember the fly swatting minigame in Mario Paint? I kinda wanna see it get it's own game, but how to best evolve it from the one in Mario Paint?

I have had a copy of that game on my shelf for years but didn't have the mouse to play it. Hyperkin is now making optical mice for SNES. I plan to finally try Mario Paint after all this time

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!