By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Digital Foundry vs Skyward Sword HD

- 1080p/60fps docked

- 720p/60fps portable

- Improved textures, shadows, and load times

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

- 1080p/60fps docked

- 720p/60fps portable

And you can turn Fi off, right? :)

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

- 1080p/60fps docked

- 720p/60fps portable

And you can turn Fi off, right? :)

A lot of her hints and interruptions have been made optional apparently.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

- 1080p/60fps docked
- 720p/60fps portable

I gotta admit, it looks pretty impressive. Maybe not a huge upgrade graphics wise, but there's enough tweaks in there to make it significantly more enjoyable than the original version. And you all know how much I enjoyed that version...

I'll hold off for now. Ain't got that kind of money lying around. But god, I want it..

CaptainExplosion said:
PAOerfulone said:

Just started Skyward Sword HD (with motion controls, in case you were wondering. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when you get the motion controls ‘just right’ there’s no better way to play a game, and even the OG Skyward Sword got it right.)

Immediate first impressions, a free-roaming camera and 60FPS… Ohhhhh. Oh my…

Edit: I don’t know why, but every time I see Groose, I feel like watching Back to the Future.

Because he's a pompous douche with the IQ of a toddler?

But unlike Biff, he has an actual character arc and a deep down he has a heart of gold!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Because he's a pompous douche with the IQ of a toddler?

But unlike Biff, he has an actual character arc and a deep down he has a heart of gold!

And you won't wanna kill him like we all wanted to kill Biff.

See, shit like this is why I love Fi! Yeah, I know she can ramble on and on and be annoying with holding your hand too much, but moments like this are what gives her character and personality beyond "robotic, sword-spirt, lady." This, trashing the verbal passage that Gaepora recites when you first meet her, back-hand insulting you for mistaking Machi the Kikwi's aura for Zelda. Basically, if you or anyone says something stupid or ignorant, she will not hesitate to drag you through the mud and make you feel like a total dipshit. Underneath that cold, steel-like, robotic exterior is a sassy, smartass bitch and I love it! She's not on Midna's level (Who is?) But she has some smoke on her!

PAOerfulone said:

See, shit like this is why I love Fi! Yeah, I know she can ramble on and on and be annoying with holding your hand too much, but moments like this are what gives her character and personality beyond "robotic, sword-spirt, lady." This, trashing the verbal passage that Gaepora recites when you first meet her, back-hand insulting you for mistaking Machi the Kikwi's aura for Zelda. Basically, if you or anyone says something stupid or ignorant, she will not hesitate to drag you through the mud and make you feel like a total dipshit. Underneath that cold, steel-like, robotic exterior is a sassy, smartass bitch and I love it! She's not on Midna's level (Who is?) But she has some smoke on her!

True. Also she's a really good figure skater.

https://nintendoeverything.com/dying-light-platinum-edition-coming-to-switch/

Wyrdness said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/dying-light-platinum-edition-coming-to-switch/

It supports gyro aim, I'm getting this.