By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

Tears of The Kingdom and Super Mario Bros. Wonder both got shafted in favor of some generic brown game, but that's the to be expected from The Game Awards. -_-

I mean its obvious that would happen lol

I wasnt surprised considering Baldur's Gate 3 was getting so many awards/nominations.

I havent played BG3 yet - planning to play BG1 and BG2 in the future before I buy BG3.

Anyways, I finished the main story in Super Mario RPG and about to do the post game boss challenges.

Smithy was ridiculously easy compared to the original. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Tears of The Kingdom and Super Mario Bros. Wonder both got shafted in favor of some generic brown game, but that's the to be expected from The Game Awards. -_-

I mean its obvious that would happen lol

I wasnt surprised considering Baldur's Gate 3 was getting so many awards/nominations.

I havent played BG3 yet - planning to play BG1 and BG2 in the future before I buy BG3.

Anyways, I finished the main story in Super Mario RPG and about to do the post game boss challenges.

Smithy was ridiculously easy compared to the original. 

I JUST finished the optional super boss in Mario RPG. Not terribly difficult, especially with Peach having the Lazy Shell armor and using her exclusively for healing, but more of a marathon than I was expecting! Loved his Final Fantasy aesthetic. 

The game has held up really well over the years I’d say! 

Considering the Switch is in the twilight of its life, 2024 is looking pretty darn solid; just based on what we know so far, we're getting:

- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

- Kingdom Come Deliverance

- Princess Peach Showtime

- Mario vs Donkey Kong

- Tales of Kenzera: Zau

- Penny's Big Breakaway

- The Plucky Squire

- Phantom Fury

- Little Nightmares 3

- Another Crab's Treasure

- Eiyuden Chronicle

- Unicorn Overlord

...and many more. Compared to the late life of most Nintendo systems, it's a veritable smorgasbord of content.

curl-6 said:

Considering the Switch is in the twilight of its life, 2024 is looking pretty darn solid; just based on what we know so far, we're getting:

- Mario vs Donkey Kong

- Penny's Big Breakaway

- The Plucky Squire

- Phantom Fury

- Little Nightmares 3

- Eiyuden Chronicle

- Unicorn Overlord

...and many more. Compared to the late life of most Nintendo systems, it's a veritable smorgasbord of content.

Welp, from a 3rd party side of things. There's still some things to look for and the 1st half isn't too bad either while we also basically know nothing of the full picture of this summer to fall.

Also ... Little Nightmares 3 ?! I didn't even know. When was it announced ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

- Mario vs Donkey Kong

- Penny's Big Breakaway

- The Plucky Squire

- Phantom Fury

- Little Nightmares 3

- Eiyuden Chronicle

- Unicorn Overlord

Welp, from a 3rd party side of things. There's still some things to look for and the 1st half isn't too bad either while we also basically know nothing of the full picture of this summer to fall.

Also ... Little Nightmares 3 ?! I didn't even know. When was it announced ?

It was revealed at Gamescom in August: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/little-nightmares-3-has-been-announced/

As for the lineup, most years of the Switch we've known little beyond the first few months by the start of the year; the lineup for the middle third of the year is usually outlined in a February or March Direct.

This time though, with the Switch's successor strongly indicated to be arriving in 2024, who knows.

The way I see it, at least the system isn't ending on a barren final year like the Wii U, Wii, and Gamecube did. It's going out with dignity.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 December 2023

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I wish Nintendo made their own successor to GoldenEye, speaking of Nintendo-related first person shooters.

100% sure, they'd simply prefer to make a Splatoon FPS  if they were to aim at that crowd

Not good enough, should be something more like GoldenEye.

I beat Super Mario RPG and did all the post game bosses.

Damn what a game!

BasilZero said:

Damn what a game!

You even beat the rematch against Culex??? How long did that fight take? lol

G2ThaUNiT said:
BasilZero said:

Damn what a game!

The moment you managed to not get your whole party wipe out by Culex AOE attack after the countdown and downs one or two of it's crystals, the fight becomes much more manageable.

Though, being able to time your defense action correctly, truly helps 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Yep.

20 minutes at least from my recording of it.

Took me two tries - first try I wiped completely. Second time I ended up fighting more defensive and targeted the blue crystal first instead of the red crystal.

Also Red Essence is so useful lol.