By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

This sums up how Nintendo has been as of late.

"Well, we like your money, but we don't like you." ~Furukawa to Nintendo fans.

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.



Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

This sums up how Nintendo has been as of late.

"Well, we like your money, but we don't like you." ~Furukawa to Nintendo fans.

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Yeah to give one example the rights to Earthbound's music is owned by Sony (look up recent news on Sony copyright striking Earthbound videos on YT) which means they'd likely have to agree for the game's release.



Wyrdness said:
GoOnKid said:

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Yeah to give one example the rights to Earthbound's music is owned by Sony (look up recent news on Sony copyright striking Earthbound videos on YT) which means they'd likely have to agree for the game's release.

Well that sucks. The game was released on 3DS virtual console. Guess Sony got a share of that money.

Would be great if they'd go out of their way to make it possible to release more relevant games on NSO, but they probably don't want to pay Square Enix etc. for that.



Kakadu18 said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah to give one example the rights to Earthbound's music is owned by Sony (look up recent news on Sony copyright striking Earthbound videos on YT) which means they'd likely have to agree for the game's release.

Well that sucks. The game was released on 3DS virtual console. Guess Sony got a share of that money.

Would be great if they'd go out of their way to make it possible to release more relevant games on NSO, but they probably don't want to pay Square Enix etc. for that.

I think Final Fantasy 1-6 and it's target platforms shows that Square wants to have full control over their library.

Which is probably also what makes Super Mario RPG difficult.



Marth said:
Kakadu18 said:

Well that sucks. The game was released on 3DS virtual console. Guess Sony got a share of that money.

Would be great if they'd go out of their way to make it possible to release more relevant games on NSO, but they probably don't want to pay Square Enix etc. for that.

I think Final Fantasy 1-6 and it's target platforms shows that Square wants to have full control over their library.

Which is probably also what makes Super Mario RPG difficult.

That's a big bummer.



Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Just finished File 9 in Astral Chain and holy moly, this game is epic. Unless the last three files are bad, it's worthy to stand alongside the likes of Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Vanquish as one of Platinum's best.

Also, it took me til now to realize there's sprint and slide commands haha. If the game ever told me, I forgot. XD 

I thought the low point of the game is chapter 6 because it's so damn long relative to the others. Astral Chain closes out on a high note, so the final two chapters shouldn't disappoint you. Yes, only two.

File 12 is post-game where you can freely move in the office to talk to everyone again, but first and foremost it's all about accepting a huge amount of combat challenges from Olive. So there's no more balanced content anymore as the focus shifts entirely to the combat gameplay. If you've enjoyed that, there's plenty more to do in the game, but take note that the difficulty level is predetermined, so eventually it gets brutal. Should be roughly 20 challenges on medium difficulty, roughly 20 on medium-hard and then about 30 which are tough stuff.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

GoOnKid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

This sums up how Nintendo has been as of late.

"Well, we like your money, but we don't like you." ~Furukawa to Nintendo fans.

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Last I checked it's acceptable to blame the company's CEO for it's biggest mistakes at the time, just like we used to be able to blame Jeff Bezos for inadequate wages and poor working conditions for Amazon warehouses.



CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

You're on a roll now, huh? You're blaming him for things that you assume he did or did not, but how about catching a breath and chill for a second? Yes, you can be dissapointed about the Switch online games, that's fine. But please don't try to find silly reasons and connections that don't exist. I think in the according news article SanAndreasX has already explained why some high profile games don't come to the service.

Last I checked it's acceptable to blame the company's CEO for it's biggest mistakes at the time, just like we used to be able to blame Jeff Bezos for inadequate wages and poor working conditions for Amazon warehouses.

Firstly, how is this even remotely comparable lol. Secondly, if THAT is the biggest problem then Nintendo is doing pretty good, I'd say.

Look, it's alright. You feel let down. I understand. You can vent.



GoOnKid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Last I checked it's acceptable to blame the company's CEO for it's biggest mistakes at the time, just like we used to be able to blame Jeff Bezos for inadequate wages and poor working conditions for Amazon warehouses.

Firstly, how is this even remotely comparable lol. Secondly, if THAT is the biggest problem then Nintendo is doing pretty good, I'd say.

Look, it's alright. You feel let down. I understand. You can vent.

I've felt that way for the past few years. No new Donkey Kong games, F-Zero is still rotting away after 17 years, Virtual Console is gone, Joy Con drift has been called "Not a real problem.", and on his franchise's 40th anniversary Nintendo didn't do shit for Donkey Kong. Not even acknowledging what a big hand Donkey Kong had in making Nintendo the success it is today. -_-



RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Just finished File 9 in Astral Chain and holy moly, this game is epic. Unless the last three files are bad, it's worthy to stand alongside the likes of Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Vanquish as one of Platinum's best.

Also, it took me til now to realize there's sprint and slide commands haha. If the game ever told me, I forgot. XD 

I thought the low point of the game is chapter 6 because it's so damn long relative to the others. Astral Chain closes out on a high note, so the final two chapters shouldn't disappoint you. Yes, only two.

File 12 is post-game where you can freely move in the office to talk to everyone again, but first and foremost it's all about accepting a huge amount of combat challenges from Olive. So there's no more balanced content anymore as the focus shifts entirely to the combat gameplay. If you've enjoyed that, there's plenty more to do in the game, but take note that the difficulty level is predetermined, so eventually it gets brutal. Should be roughly 20 challenges on medium difficulty, roughly 20 on medium-hard and then about 30 which are tough stuff.

The hard ones are insane. Played through the whole game again to upgrade my legions to maximum and get better to finish those and it was worth it.