By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What does everyone make of the rumor that Smash Bros. Ultimate might get new content for it's 5th anniversary?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

What does everyone make of the rumor that Smash Bros. Ultimate might get new content for it's 5th anniversary?

That it is a rumor and unless we get official info by Nintendo on this, then there's no point to speak on it ? 

But what kind of a new content are we speaking ? Another character DLC pass ?

Hopefully Noah/Mio would be in it !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That it is a rumor and unless we get official info by Nintendo on this, then there's no point to speak on it ? 

Let's hold off on adding more swordfighters. Maybe Taion because he'd have a more creative moveset with his Mondo (the little bird things he uses). And we'd finally get a dark skinned character playable in Smash after Kuntzuya got Shantae shafted.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

Let's hold off on adding more swordfighters. Maybe Taion because he'd have a more creative moveset with his Mondo (the little bird things he uses). And we'd finally get a dark skinned character playable in Smash after Kuntzuya got Shantae shafted.

Ooorrr ... In the same vain of the game being able to switch between the six characters, you get the ability to switch between all 6 main characters of XC3, lol.

+ Mio is a tank that fights with rings so this wouldn't just be another typical Sword Fighter. Just like Pyra/Mythra were far from typical due to their arts mechanics and being more than decent range fighters

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Ooorrr ... In the same vain of the game being able to switch between the six characters, you get the ability to switch between all 6 main characters of XC3, lol.

+ Mio is a tank that fights with rings so this wouldn't just be another typical Sword Fighter. Just like Pyra/Mythra were far from typical due to their arts mechanics and being more than decent range fighters

True, it'd be better than the usual Fire Emblem character.

Still want a dark skinned character finally playable in Smash. Even if it's someone nobody thought of before like Doc Louis from Punch-Out.

Actually it'd be pretty great having Doc Louis in Smash. :) 

Around the Network

A visuals and performance patch for Hogwarts Legacy on Switch is out today:
https://gonintendo.com/contents/29808-update-available-for-hogwarts-legacy

curl-6 said:

Don't what it'll tally up to in the end, but it's surprising how good this game has performed on Switch sales wise. Most would not think it possible now that we're at the tail end of the Switch life span.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Don't what it'll tally up to in the end, but it's surprising how good this game has performed on Switch sales wise. Most would not think it possible now that we're at the tail end of the Switch life span.

Yeah it's done really well in almost every market we have charts for; I guess there's a lot of overlap between folks who love Harry Potter and folks who own a Switch. 

Woo! I got DoDonPachi Blissful Death Re:Incarnation in the mail. What a fantastic game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:

What rumor? I always look up rumors but never heard of this one.

Also what I think? I would be so happy about it if its true!