By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

--- Spam destroyed ---

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 26 July 2021

Around the Network

The final phase of the final boss is a pain, but for me it wasn't the speed or the damage he can do. It's the fact you can't bind him in any way. Most bosses have openings to bind them where you can get a breather and pile on damage. You can't do that at any point with the final form which feels out of place since the game has taught you to take advantage of that.

I never understood why people think of Astral Chain's final boss as some insane difficulty spike, I never had too many issues either when playing in Casual mode (when I sucked) or in Standard (when I sucked less). Challenging, sure, but it never felt unfair or too hard for me personally. I guess it's just different for everyone.

I make music! It's here on Bandcamp, YouTube and Spotify!

I doubt the Astral Chain final boss is as infuriating as Wizpig in Diddy Kong Racing or Malos in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It's been a long while since I've played Astral Chain, I remember the final boss giving me SOME trouble, but not "So bullshit, I want to chuck my controller through a window" trouble.

Around the Network

I will say on my second playthrough I had a much better time. The first time I was caught off guard by some of my go-to strategies just not being available. The second time, I was much more adept at switching on the fly in reaction to situations so I was better able to counter his various attacks and avoid unnecessary damage.

At least I was able to beat it I suppose, after my first unsuccessful attempt I seriously considered just quitting for good and watching the ending on Youtube.
I very nearly did throw my controller for the first time in years, it was so infuriating.

That said, it's still a good game overall, as I can't deny I greatly enjoyed 95% of my time with it. Just would've been nice if it ended on a higher note gameplay wise. If the fight had ended with the second phase the game would go from an 8/10 to an 8.5/10 for me.

CaptainExplosion said:

I doubt the Astral Chain final boss is as infuriating as Wizpig in Diddy Kong Racing or Malos in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I actually think Xenoblade 2 is the last time I found a boss or sequence in a game this frustrating or unfair feeling; not just Malos but also the final fight against Jin was just horrible. Luckily that game also has a lot of redeeming qualities like its music, story, and most of its combat.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

At least I was able to beat it I suppose, after my first unsuccessful attempt I seriously considered just quitting for good and watching the ending on Youtube.
I very nearly did throw my controller for the first time in years, it was so infuriating.

That said, it's still a good game overall, as I can't deny I greatly enjoyed 95% of my time with it. Just would've been nice if it ended on a higher note gameplay wise. If the fight had ended with the second phase the game would go from an 8/10 to an 8.5/10 for me.

CaptainExplosion said:

I actually think Xenoblade 2 is the last time I found a boss or sequence in a game this frustrating or unfair feeling; not just Malos but also the final fight against Jin was just horrible. Luckily that game also has a lot of redeeming qualities like its music, story, and most of its combat.

I had to do so much grinding just to make it a fair fight with that cock sucker Malos.

Monster Hunter Rise x Okami collaboration

From July 30th, can make your Palamute look like Amaterasu

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Why did Nintendo even bother showing off a new Diddy Kong render on their Japanese website when they didn't even bother acknowledging Donkey Kong's 40th anniversary?

Mario got a compilation cartridge. Link got an HD remaster. Donkey Kong didn't get shit. -_-