By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

Yeah as amazing as the Switch has been (my #2 console of all time) I do kinda crave a new (quality) Starfox and DK, plus the wait for Prime 4 has been ridiculous.
I am also keen for the next Mario Kart; 8 is a terrific game, and the Booster Course Pass did a lot to keep it fresh, but I've been playing the core game since 2014, the next entry is way overdue.

Still, I shouldn't complain; the Switch has given me two of the best Zeldas, one of the best 3D Marios, one of the best 2D Marios, one of the best Metroid games, my pick for the best Kirby game, plus a bunch of other cool additions like Xenobade 2/3, Splatoon 2/3, Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3, and the best third party support for a Nintendo system since the SNES.

Even if it fades out without any more big new games, it's been a great system.

New Star Fox should basically be like the formerly cancelled Star Fox 2 in terms of gameplay, but with improved controls, more onscreen enemies at once, longer single player campaign, kick ass multiplayer, and reintroduce Krystal but as a much better written character this time. Make her a badass independent warrior who starts out not really interested in Fox, but by the end of the game she's at least giving him a cute wink.

Around the Network

Yesterday I looked up older releases to see if some of them have been discounted by now. It turned out that pretty much all of them are cheaper now, so I went on a buying spree. I ordered:

1) A 512 GB micro SD card to replace my 200 GB card and ultimately have all of my digital Switch library downloaded concurrently. I repeatedly deleted the big games (5+ GB in size) to make room and have counted around 20 in total. I estimate that they take up about 150 GB altogether, so a single 512 GB card will suffice for my Switch console.

2) Limited Edition of Rain Code. Its discount was so big that it matched the price of the regular Rain Code physical copy.

3) Bayonetta 3

4) Bayonetta Origins

5) Labyrinth of Galleria

6) Great Detective Pikachu or whatever it's called in English

7) 13 Sentinels

8) Dragon Quest Treasures - This one was so cheap that I ordered it despite only minimal interest in the title.

So yeah, that's seven physical games that will arrive before Christmas. I've got to ponder if I will buy Another Code Recollection right away in January or wait 6-12 months until a discount; problem is that this is risky with games that will have low printruns in Europe; it possibly won't get any cheaper or it will be sold out eventually. While I do own both of the original games, seeing the DS game in remade form sure has its charm. One benefit that I see in a visual novel is that it's a game that it will be easy to move on from afterwards, so it wouldn't take up too much time to play through this collection.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Dayum ... Gotta look at the Holiday sales on physical games to see if I can find some similar deals to what Role has experienced.

Though my backlog is already long as it is personally ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Dayum ... Gotta look at the Holiday sales on physical games to see if I can find some similar deals to what Role has experienced.

https://www.dekudeals.com/

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

https://www.dekudeals.com/

Welp thanks ! This is definitely gonna be super helpful with my search :D

Maaaann, seeing Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair at only 5 bucks on the Eshop is a tough one not to buy ...

Around the Network

Jack Black wants the Mario movie sequel to be a musical. I'd only be ok with that if it meant more original songs as good as Peaches.

Got my SD card today and when I put it in my Switch console, I was reminded that these manufacturers use the gigibyte format (I think it's called that way) instead of gigabyte. What this amounts to is a difference of roughly 7.2% in available space, so my Switch telling me that there are only 477 GB (gigabyte) available checks out correctly. Of course my previous 200 GB card actually held only a good 180 gigabyte too.

Anyway, leading up to Christmas I'll redownload everything on my new card. First thing I did was move everything possible from the system space to the SD card, so now I have about 20 GB of the Switch's onboard storage unused. Afterwards I initiated the downloads for all games starting with a number or the letter A. That's enough for today, because I have a lot of digital games that start with an A, most of them belonging to the Atelier series.

I will also use this opportunity to clean up the look of my library, so I'll delete the icons of all the demos that are still left. This will make it easier to count how many games I have in total on the digital side. Counting physical games is easy enough because they are physical, but I've lost count of the size of my digital library a long time ago.

Once everything is downloaded - including software updates, DLCs and patches for physical games - I hope to still have 100+ GB left on my SD card. That will be enough of a cushion for the rest of Switch's life.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Leeezzz go ! Finished the "story mode" part of Super Mario Wonder yesterday. Now I can cruise to the completion without much problem I think.

I remember hearing someone about the finale being a musical of sort which yes, it totally was one. A cool one too, especially when the lead to Bowser was basically a recall of the different Wonder abilities you encountered throughout the adventure while the level played to the beat of the song.
Even Bowser himself ... Which kinda made for a final boss on the easier side I suppose but entertaining for sure.

Nintendo fired am employee because their kid leaked Smash Bros 3DS' roster.

Fucking seriously, Nintendo? -_-

CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo fired am employee because their kid leaked Smash Bros 3DS' roster.

Fucking seriously, Nintendo? -_-

I am pretty sure that this falls under the NDA clause (non-disclosure agreement) that employees have to sign, so any violation is a reason to fire an employee. There's no reason to be surprised or upset by Nintendo's action.