By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah my backlog is getting on top of me too as this year has been so stacked; I still have to finish TOTK's postgame and Diablo 4, but I've been sidtracked by Hogwarts Legacy, plus there's the Arkham Trilogy coming in two weeks, and Turbo Overkill also apparently coming to Switch by the end of the year.

The only downside of such a great year, I haven't had the time to play all the games that I want to.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yeah my backlog is getting on top of me too as this year has been so stacked; I still have to finish TOTK's postgame and Diablo 4, but I've been sidtracked by Hogwarts Legacy, plus there's the Arkham Trilogy coming in two weeks, and Turbo Overkill also apparently coming to Switch by the end of the year.

The only downside of such a great year, I haven't had the time to play all the games that I want to.

Kind of glad that 2024 will be a much simpler year for Nintendo and gaming releases(at least in theory).

Appart from Another Code Recollection and the physical release of Sea of Stars, I will have much ample time to seek properly my teeth into games I could not this year 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Kind of glad that 2024 will be a much simpler year for Nintendo and gaming releases(at least in theory).

Appart from Another Code Recollection and the physical release of Sea of Stars, I will have much ample time to seek properly my teeth into games I could not this year 

Yeah I have my eye on a few 2024 games like Plucky Squire, Phantom Fury, Princess Peach Showtime, and Penny's Big Breakaway (that's a lot of titles starting with P!) but at this point they're in the "interested" category rather than " I have to get this day 1". 

So yeah, I'll likely spend the first couple months of the year catching up on my 2023 backlog.

Oh yeah, there is a major pileup in my backlog. I’m mainly just referring to the queue for this last quarter of the year. Those 3 were my majorly anticipated games for the year when they were announced

axumblade said:

Oh yeah, there is a major pileup in my backlog. I’m mainly just referring to the queue for this last quarter of the year. Those 3 were my majorly anticipated games for the year when they were announced

It's in those moments that we really do feel like treated like kings by Nintendo. 

What a freaking software year this was. So much so, I can thank the universe from the more relaxed scheduling next year ... Well unless they come out with a banger Direct in February or something lol 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

What's another game that would work in the 99 formula?

Kirby game in the form of Gourmet Race from Kirby Super Star/ultra

axumblade said:

Reviews are trickling in for Mario RPG. Currently at an 83. Admirable but the negative critiques can’t decide whether older fans will love or hate it. Guess I’ll see on Friday.

On a related note, the soundtrack has been playing in my head for the past week or so. I am so excited for it!

I'm so hyped for the game - dont care what the reviewers say.

@OT - As for my backlog....since everyone's talking about their backlog....I got so many games but what I plan to play (and what I'm playing now...)

Playing right now
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - active
-Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (NS) - active
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - on hold, will resume after Super Mario RPG
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - on hold , will resume on weekends only after Super Mario RPG
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4 via PS5) - on hold, will resume after I finish Final Fantasy VI
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate (NS) - on hold, will likely resume sometime during December
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - on hold, will likely resume sometime during December
-Driveclub (PS4) - on hold, will resume sometime next year

Recently finished
-Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster (NS)
-Street Fighter V (PC)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox)

Planning to play next queue
-Super Mario RPG (NS) - pre-ordered and pre-loaded
-Gears of War 2 (Xbox)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
-Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
-Disgaea 2 PC (PC)
-Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
-The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (NS)
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS)
-Monster Hunter Stories (3DS or Apple Arcade)

Mar1217 said:
160rmf said:

Star Fox?

Yeeeaaa ... A 99 pilots dog-fight in free-roaming mode ?!

That sounds like the messiest first minute of any gameplay round ever hahaha

Now I wanna see it done. XD

About 2 hours in and so far I’m having a blast. I feel like the same little kid I was back in the day playing it. There are some minor things I’m not a fan of. I don’t mind the combo gauge but I’m not a big fan of the toad assist that’s implemented. It’s simple enough to ignore it but it still takes up some of the screen, which isn’t by any means a dealbreaker. Just the only thing I can complain about so far xD

Started on Super Mario RPG.

Got past mushroom way

Holy smokes… this remake is sooo good

I played and finished the snes version at least 10 times in the last twenty years with the last time I played was back in 2020

Just finished Mario RPG. Not 100% but like 95% (All I have left is Culex and the rematches.....and the 100 jumps dealio)

I usually get all 99 flowers but this run I came up short at 97. So I had to grind by getting mushrooms in the Forest Maze and giving them to the mushroom dude in Seaside Town after going to Land's end. Eventually you'll get 'flower tab' mushrooms that increase your FP.

Great game. It was a little easy, though. One of my personal completion criteria was filling up the Monster List/Bestiary and....I shit you not...I kept beating bosses too fast for many of the entries to show up. SO...to fix that, once you beat the game the slots fill in but without the Check Mark (If you know you know), and you can pay to have the check marks filled in with 3 Frog Coins per entry. If you care about that. Which I do.

I'm scared to do postgame stuff. Won't lie.

Last edited by Runa216 - on 18 November 2023

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android