By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movies that Made You Cry?

Gorillas in the Mist

Can't remember having a real cry during a movie since then, I don't count a stray tear or two.

Around the Network

Wolfchildren, ...anyone?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Also on movies that made my cry at the end I totally forgot:

Fruitvale Station I was familiar with the story before I watched it and I knew how it would end and still cried at the end.

I shed a Tear at the end of Toy Story 3. I was the perfect age when all of the movies released. I think I was an adolescent who was very much in the target demographic for the original, a young teenager for the sequel, and an adult finishing college for the finale. Growing up with these movies and being close to the age of Andy really helped those movies resonate with me, so I really did feel like I was leaving old friends behind.

But the movie that had me full on peeling onions was The Color Purple. That movie was have you wiping the tears off of your face with a bath towel! It should have won an Oscar!

Quite a few, discounting the ones from when I was a child since kids cry over anything...

Braveheart

Gladiator

Grave of the Fireflies

The Green Mile

Finding Neverland

Up, that goddamn intro took me by complete surprise

Probably some more but I can't remember right now.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
gatito said:
Lots and lots of them but some of the most infamous, ugly cry inducing are:
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Interstellar
-Her
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
-Brokeback Mountain
-Toy Story 3

The only reason tp cry for interstellar is the length holiwood was willing to go for at the end of the script for a good ending. The cube maze was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a movie that tries to be meaningful and not dumb.

Interstellar isn't a Hollywood film.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

"Marley and me" the death of marley at the end was to much for me

Jumpin said:
Qwark said:

The only reason tp cry for interstellar is the length holiwood was willing to go for at the end of the script for a good ending. The cube maze was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a movie that tries to be meaningful and not dumb.

Interstellar isn't a Hollywood film.

It's a big budget American sci fi movie by Nolan North in what way isn't it a Hollywood movie. Anyway it's still a movie I enjoyed for 2/3 of the ride and didn't enjoy the last part. Why can't a movie have a bad ending sometimes, there isn't much of a surprise left if the ending is always good. The conclusion we really fucked up and now we pay the price for it would have been sufficient and way more suitable than the equivalent of magic to get a good ending. Hell if they included doctor who in the black hole it would have been a better ending. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Only 3.

Bambi
Dumbo
Lion King

Up
Inside Out (this movie definitely turned me inside out)
Ghost Town