By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto: "In the world of fun, there's only number one."

Blue, red and purple? The only colors that will really matter to Nintendo will be on their spreadsheets and they are red and black. This is one time Nintendo does not want to see red.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
pray4mojo said:

You obviously took what he said on face value. He didn't mean being unique makes you the market leader. He meant that by being "one of a kind" you're atuomatically number one at what you're doing because there's simply no one else competeing. The PS4 is the market leader of the 8th generation, but it's been done before. It's not the "first" in that regard. Sony has released the same basic product since the PS1. They didn't even change the controller until this generation lol. They're followers, not creative leaders. Nintendo are the creative leaders as far as hardware goes. Does that mean they're always the market leader? Nope, not at all. But creatively, hell yeah. They're always taking risks and trying something new. 

They didn't really changed the controller this gen either. They just tweaked it.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I read it all
Time to go back to work
thanks

VGPolyglot said:
pray4mojo said:

You obviously took what he said on face value. He didn't mean being unique makes you the market leader. He meant that by being "one of a kind" you're atuomatically number one at what you're doing because there's simply no one else competeing. The PS4 is the market leader of the 8th generation, but it's been done before. It's not the "first" in that regard. Sony has released the same basic product since the PS1. They didn't even change the controller until this generation lol. They're followers, not creative leaders. Nintendo are the creative leaders as far as hardware goes. Does that mean they're always the market leader? Nope, not at all. But creatively, hell yeah. They're always taking risks and trying something new. 

What makes no one else doing it? Many of the third party games are already on other consoles, and even Nintendo games themselves have at least something similar on other consoles.

You can't take your Xbox One and PS4 on the go and play it at work/school. You can't do that. It's just not possible. The Switch is going to do things that the other two guys can't. Even the media format is different. 

Biggest pro from this venture is concentrating their output in a single platform.

It is dangerous to do, but the benefits far outweigh the risks involved.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
FunFan said:
pray4mojo said:

They didn't really changed the controller this gen either. They just tweaked it.

Totally agree. But I didn't want to get into a semantics argument lol

I'm just gon sum it up for other readers: you buy switch if you enjoy nintendo handheld concept. This thread is just another classic case of ppl overvaluing nintendo "unique experience" and undervaluing every other alternatives (even though sony or microsoft has a fck ton of exclusives and services that allow you to play games from many gens behind).

And retro stuffs... maybe. it's not like snes emulator or something exist on pc. lel

Aren't you ignoring the 3DS?

Switch looks like it's swimming in the same red ocean as 3DS to me (unlike DS-GBA, Wii-GC) and is only going to be blue ocean because 3DS is about to drown.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

m_csquare said:
I'm just gon sum it up for other readers: you buy switch if you enjoy nintendo handheld concept. This thread is just another classic case of ppl overvaluing nintendo "unique experience" and undervaluing every other alternatives (even though sony or microsoft has a fck ton of exclusives and services that allow you to play games from many gens behind).

And retro stuffs... maybe. it's not like snes emulator or something exist on pc. lel

Emulation may exist, but the NES classic clearly proves that people are still wanting to spend money on old games, for various reasons. These might be the same people that want to spend money on games like Bomberman R, Sonic Mania, Octopath Traveller, Wonder Boy, Monster Boy, Puyo Puyo X Tetris, or Ultra Street Fighter II.

Pyro as Bill said:
Aren't you ignoring the 3DS?

Switch looks like it's swimming in the same red ocean as 3DS to me (unlike DS-GBA, Wii-GC) and is only going to be blue ocean because 3DS is about to drown.

The 3DS does not output to the TV and has no multiplayer options with only a single device, so even if your questionable logic were to be humored, it wouldn't make any sense what you are saying.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments