By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto: "In the world of fun, there's only number one."

xl-klaudkil said:
Anfebious said:

For now...

Dont  see switch  catching  up on  ps4, soo for ever.

Well at least  you could  try and  spinn it soo that it looks like switch  has a 3 years headstart  to ps5

It doesn't need to, Switch is 9th gen.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Well at least  you could  try and  spinn it soo that it looks like switch  has a 3 years headstart  to ps5

I would say that the Switch is a "no generation" device.  Not a console or a handheld.

I guess it Gen 1 of the "both" generation!

It is near the end of the end....

Anfebious said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Then ps5 genn 10?. 

Delusional!  

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

BraLoD said:
Pretty sure they are thinking about providing fun while keeping their game prices and not dropping it, overpricing their hardware, making paid DLC (even on physical form to dramatically boost the price), and now also charging for online.

Meanwhile if you want to be on top, and not further and further away from it, as he also said, you have to be unique, so as Sony has been on a constant winning over competition, they are the most unique console maker out there.

Companies are greed, they exist to make money, that's about it. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Miyamoto.

You must have missed the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita getting trounced by Nintendo consoles. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
BraLoD said:
Pretty sure they are thinking about providing fun while keeping their game prices and not dropping it, overpricing their hardware, making paid DLC (even on physical form to dramatically boost the price), and now also charging for online.

Meanwhile if you want to be on top, and not further and further away from it, as he also said, you have to be unique, so as Sony has been on a constant winning over competition, they are the most unique console maker out there.

Companies are greed, they exist to make money, that's about it. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Miyamoto.

You must have missed the PSP, PS3 and PS Vita getting trounced by Nintendo consoles. 

The wii beat the ps3 but i wouldnt call it trouncing. 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Until you see how much profit it generated. 

Switch's succes might be the the biggest game changer in the market.
If it falls, they will go 3rd party.

Alkibiádēs said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Until you see how much profit it generated. 

I dont know or care about how much money they make all i care is games i play and the fact that the wii had a short life makes it a disappointment in my eyes.

pray4mojo said:
VGPolyglot said:

What makes no one else doing it? Many of the third party games are already on other consoles, and even Nintendo games themselves have at least something similar on other consoles.

You can't take your Xbox One and PS4 on the go and play it at work/school. You can't do that. It's just not possible. The Switch is going to do things that the other two guys can't. Even the media format is different. 

How is a handheld unique? The Switch is doing the exact same thing as the PSP.

Lawlight said:
pray4mojo said:

You can't take your Xbox One and PS4 on the go and play it at work/school. You can't do that. It's just not possible. The Switch is going to do things that the other two guys can't. Even the media format is different. 

How is a handheld unique? The Switch is doing the exact same thing as the PSP.

Except it's not the same and if you can't tell why than you never will. But I'll try to explain it to you:

• The PSP games don't take up the full screen of your TV, so your stuck playing the game with huge black borders.
  • It doesn't change the resolution when it outputs the game on TV, resulting in an overstretched image with a lot of jaggies. The Nintendo Switch is more powerful when docked. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe runs at 1080p on the TV for example. 
  • You're stuck controlling the game with a PSP that is connected to your TV by wires. The Switch supports a Pro Controller and also has detachable joycon controllers. 
  • The process is rather slow and cumbersome on the PSP. With the Switch you just put it in or out of the dock and the games appear immediatly. 
  • You're not getting access to Sony's full library of games. Nintendo will only develop games for the Switch from now on. Sony focused most of its effort on the PS3 during the PSP's life cycle. So if you wanted access to everything PS had to offer you still needed to buy a PS3 on top of your PSP. With Nintendo you'll only have to buy the Switch to enjoy all of Nintendo's games. This is quite litterally the most important advantage the Nintendo Switch will have. 
Just look at that video.