By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602

If Sony would develop their own OS for PC and release games exclusively on PS+PC with their OS, would people still claim Sony doesn't have exclusives? :)

Around the Network

Microsoft have lost hope for the Xbox brand, that's the generally feeling I got. I agree with your sentiment though, Sony and Nintendo have true exclusives.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I believe completely that Microsoft is using all of their titles on PC as a secondary revenue stream since they are not beating Sony. If they were they probably would've seen profit faster on their versions of multiplatform games as well as exclusives. Even if they wanted to keep games away from PC they couldnt. If they were winning they wouldn't have to worry about not turning profit. It's not completely that they want to bring everyone together. It's smart but very tactically revealing.

Machiavellian said:
Valdath said:

They just saved a lot of people 400-500$.

How is that good for the Xbox brand, they literally gave up.

Think about it this way, you have to have Win 10 to play any of these games.  MS want Win 10 to be the defacto desktop PC OS - MS Wins

You have to purchase the games through the Win 10 Store.  MS wants the Win 10 store to be the defacto store front on PC - MS wins

You have to use XBL servivces to use their groups, hubs and other services.  MS wants XBL to be the defacto game service or just service period on PC - MS wins.

MS want Azure to be the defacto could service for games on PC - MS wins 

MS want MS game studio to be a juggernaught on PC - MS wins 

MS want to spurr more PC sales including hardware, this keeps the PC seen healty, makes their partner happy and those partners uses Win 10 as defacto OS when they sale the system - MS Wins

I have even more examples but will not make this post to long.  The problem with gamers is that you are so focus on console war this that you forget that MS as a company has many different products that has nothing to do with consoles but can use the console to leverage those other businesses and thus create huge reveiw streams for them.  In MS mind, its not the amount of hardware you sell but the amount of consumers you get as repeat buyers in your ecosystem that generate a constant revenue stream.  MS will continue to make a console but they are not limiting theselves to just the console gen but instead want to make the PC ecosystem their system which has a much bigger install base and revenue stream.

There's one major issue about all that. Windows 10 Store. It's literally the key to if any xbox games sell on pc or not. The problem is that it already has a bad reputation amoung pc gamers. Crappy/buggy ports and no mod support. Until the store is as good as steam and repairs some of it's reputation with pc gamers, the software sales through it will be miniscule compared to steam or consoles.

Hopefully, it works out at least somewhat well for MS or that they learn from it quickly then adapt. The gaming market as a whole is better off if MS stays in it. It can't keep making costly mistakes though if it wants to stay in the gaming market. 

WebMasterFlex said:

This is the message I got from E3. There is no exclusive on xbox. I got a PC so I got every xbox games. Only Sony and Nintendo got exclusives now.

What's the point to have an xbox when you already have a PC ?

So just because you have a PC that means everyone that has a console has a PC capable of playing Xbox games? Cuz I don't have a gaming PC unless you count playing flash games.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Puppyroach said:
If Sony would develop their own OS for PC and release games exclusively on PS+PC with their OS, would people still claim Sony doesn't have exclusives? :)

So you're asking if all ps4 games were on TWO devices would people claim there is no ps4 exclusives? Yes.

At least in this context. In the context of "only on one system" they would no longer be exclusive to one system.

So where is the value in exclusives then if it's only determined by if the game is available on one system and not two? So when PS3 exclusives ended up on PSNow, they stopped being Sony exclusives? That sounds absolutely absurd to me.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I believe completely that Microsoft is using all of their titles on PC as a secondary revenue stream since they are not beating Sony. If they were they probably would've seen profit faster on their versions of multiplatform games as well as exclusives. Even if they wanted to keep games away from PC they couldnt. If they were winning they wouldn't have to worry about not turning profit. It's not completely that they want to bring everyone together. It's smart but very tactically revealing.

Before the X1 was released the documents that were leaked showed that MS was going in this direction already.  This whole approach has nothing to do with Sony beating MS more than MS executing what they already planed while the X1 was in the development stage.  If anything I believe things got slowed down due to MS having to change gears with their X1 reveal and all the hate for the all digital approach.  When you look at it, you only get the cross buy benefit if the game is bought digitally so what we are seeing today is MS still going the all digital route but slowing down things so that console gamers get more comfortable with the ideal and the benefits.

Aeolus451 said:

There's one major issue about all that. Windows 10 Store. It's literally the key to if any xbox games sell on pc or not. The problem is that it already has a bad reputation amoung pc gamers. Crappy/buggy ports and no mod support. Until the store is as good as steam and repairs some of it's reputation with pc gamers, the software sales through it will be miniscule compared to steam or consoles.

Hopefully, it works out at least somewhat well for MS or that they learn from it quickly then adapt. The gaming market as a whole is better off if MS stays in it. It can't keep making costly mistakes though if it wants to stay in the gaming market. 

The windows 10 store is something that MS must fix.  The key will be if MS execute the changes to the Win10 store as they have promised.

Bandorr said:
Puppyroach said:

So where is the value in exclusives then if it's only determined by if the game is available on one system and not two? So when PS3 exclusives ended up on PSNow, they stopped being Sony exclusives? That sounds absolutely absurd to me.

PS Now is a weird example. I mean you can play them on samsung without even a console. So in that regard it is irregular.

I also have no clue about values in exclusive. I simply answered your question. If all ps4 games were on more than one system - they wouldn't be exclusive to the playstation 4.

They could be brand exclusive, console exclusive, "not on Microsoft" exclusive etc - but they wouldn't be "exclusive.

But that wasn´t the topic of the thread, it was that only Sony and Nintendo has exclusives now, and that is factually false. Being a Sony exclusive is completely different from being a Playstation 4 exclusive, wouldn´t you agree?

Bandorr said:
Puppyroach said:

So you're asking if all ps4 games were on TWO devices would people claim there is no ps4 exclusives? Yes.

At least in this context. In the context of "only on one system" they would no longer be exclusive to one system.

Well, soon all PS4 games are on two different devices: PS4 and PS Neo.

So the time of PS4 exclusives is ending ;)