By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602
Bandorr said:
Puppyroach said:

But that wasn´t the topic of the thread, it was that only Sony and Nintendo has exclusives now, and that is factually false. Being a Sony exclusive is completely different from being a Playstation 4 exclusive, wouldn´t you agree?

I would agree. I just always take the word "exclusive" to mean one system. I would say there are no longer any "xbox one exclusives".  Saying there are "xbox exclusives" seems a little weird to me since the PC/windows 10 isn't an xbox (by name).

You can say there are Microsoft exclusives, but Microsoft can mean Not windows 10 as well. So it may just be an argument of semantics at this point. What can refer to Xbox and windows 10 - but not be named xbox, or  Microsoft exclusive?

I'm more picky about the name than the actual meaning.  Simply because it makes discussion them far more clear. Shame the xbox one isn't the xbox 10. Then they could be "Ten exclusive".

Isn't xbox UI a Win10 variant? so Win10 exclusive?

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Bandorr said:

I'm more picky about the name than the actual meaning.  Simply because it makes discussion them far more clear. Shame the xbox one isn't the xbox 10. Then they could be "Ten exclusive".

Nooo! Don't forget the Xbox One users that didn't upgrade the UI ;)

Bandorr said:
Puppyroach said:

But that wasn´t the topic of the thread, it was that only Sony and Nintendo has exclusives now, and that is factually false. Being a Sony exclusive is completely different from being a Playstation 4 exclusive, wouldn´t you agree?

I would agree. I just always take the word "exclusive" to mean one system. I would say there are no longer any "xbox one exclusives".  Saying there are "xbox exclusives" seems a little weird to me since the PC/windows 10 isn't an xbox (by name).

You can say there are Microsoft exclusives, but Microsoft can mean Not windows 10 as well. So it may just be an argument of semantics at this point. What can refer to Xbox and windows 10 - but not be named xbox, or  Microsoft exclusive?

I would claim that every thread about exclusives is a matter of semantics since most we very often can´t come to a conclusion o what it actually means. It is kind of like the terms "casual gamer" or "hardcore gamer", it´s very subjective what the term entails.

Bandorr said:
Neodegenerate said:

That could work. Perhaps Xbox10 exclusive? That will work until there is an actual Xbox 10. You get the xbox from xbox one, and the 10 from the windows store.

You can simplify it to X10. I'd be fine with any of those 3.

I dig the X10 myself.  Let's send out ravens or carve in stones or whatever the kids are doing these days.

Machiavellian said:
Swordmasterman said:

If Microsoft and Nintendo release their games for the PC people would stop purchasing consoles.

Why would you purchase a console when you can play all the other plataform's exclusives plus Pc exclusives for less than purhcasing all the machines ?.

The question is not why would you not purchase PC, the question is why would it be bad for MS.  You upgrade to Win 10 which is what MS want everyone PC owner to do.  You upgrade your hardware which MS want every gamer on PC to do to make their partners happy.  You buy their games on MS Store which MS want every gamer to do.  You use their services to play their games which MS want every gamer to do.  I am finding it every hard to see where MS fails.  MS want to stop Apple, and Linus taking any more marketshare from their main money maker.  They want you to start considering their other products which will play within this same ecosystem as their advance their Play anywhere approach.  They want you to install their software on your IPhone or Android phone because thats probably the next step in this play anywhere.  MS is not looking at you as just a console customer, they want you as a customer period.

If I was to upgrade my PC and update to Windows 10 i would purchase Microsoft games on Windows Store and third Party or other games on Steam, like 99.9% of the gamers, Microsoft get more money from Xbox Live subscription, DLC, and Third Party Sales, than selling first party tittles.

The one who really make money selling First Party tittles is Nintendo, not Microsoft or Sony.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Yeah its really weird, I don't really understand MicroSofts reasoning here. I want to see how it plays out.

Windows is a Microsoft platform, so MS have an interest in putting software exclusively onto it (as opposed to just via steam etc.)

If you're already paying to develop high end software, why not put it on both?

It wouldn't surprise me if sony ended up doing the same if it looked like the extra software sales justified it. 

Games aren't cheap to develop anymore.

Windows isn't a Plataform, the Hardware is a Plataform and because of that Windows 10 is in Different plataforms, Putting their games on Steam would be the same than putting their games on their "Plataform" they would just need to pay some money for Steam.

OS isn't a Plataform and if Sony or Nintendo started to use Windows on their consoles this would not means that they are "Microsoft exclusives".

Swordmasterman said:
MikeRox said:

Windows is a Microsoft platform, so MS have an interest in putting software exclusively onto it (as opposed to just via steam etc.)

It wouldn't surprise me if sony ended up doing the same if it looked like the extra software sales justified it. 

Windows isn't a Plataform, the Hardware is a Plataform and because of that Windows 10 is in Different plataforms, Putting their games on Steam would be the same than putting their games on their "Plataform" they would just need to pay some money for Steam.

OS isn't a Plataform and if Sony or Nintendo started to use Windows on their consoles this would not means that they are "Microsoft exclusives".

Windows actually is a platform.  Especially in a situation where without a specific version of said platform you cannot access the content.  You can't buy Gears of War 4 on Steam.  You can't buy Gears of War 4 on Windows 8.  You can only buy it on Windows 10.

Edit: Also, Steam considers themselves a Platform http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Swordmasterman said:
MikeRox said:

when both PS4, and Xbox One are x86, yes the platform is the OS, like Android is a plattform and not Samsung, or like Windows or OSX are plattforms and not x86 computers.

Operative systems are plattforms where you sell your software. MS is and always will be a software company, and selling software is their main purpose. If they can't sell anough software on Xbox One, they're gonna sell on W10 also, and vice versa.

Tim and The Princes...

Swordmasterman said:

If I was to upgrade my PC and update to Windows 10 i would purchase Microsoft games on Windows Store and third Party or other games on Steam, like 99.9% of the gamers, Microsoft get more money from Xbox Live subscription, DLC, and Third Party Sales, than selling first party tittles.

Most PC gamers already on Steam (and happy with it) will naturally prefer the Steam-versions of third party titles at first. But that could change over time, especially if Microsoft offers better conditions than Valve resulting in lower prices or exclusive DLCs or whatever.

New PC gamers with no Steam account (or people unhappy with Steam) could try the Windows store versions and be happy with them, especially if they are nice priced. A few Xbox gamers switching to PC probably would prefer the Windows Store over Steam because they could keep their GamerScore and friend list.

And only a fraction of PC gamers uses mods and will miss them in the Windows Store. Additionally the majority of PC games don't even have mods. I would never play an Unmodded Elder Scrolls or Fallout game, but for most of my PC games I don't even check if there are some obscure mods out there.

Yeah, Microsoft would lose some XBL subscription money from group A (XBL Gold members who switch from Xbox to PC) and group B (people on the fence of buying an Xbox console AND willing to pay for the gold subscription), but all other groups (Xbox gamers not switching to PC; PC gamers not coming from Xbox; XBL Silver members switching to PC...) wouldn't reduce the XBL Gold revenue. Microsoft can afford that lost revenue if that means strengthening their PC position... maybe the additional PC revenue would even make up for it after a while.

Yep couldn't be happier. Any game that comes to xbox one will at least come to PC, which is my main platform anyways.