By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602
kowenicki said:
Scisca said:
I'm happy with this. I hope they bring all Halo, GeoW and othe exclusive games to PC as well. I'd like to play them, but don't feel like buying an Xbone. The are gaining a customer in me by doing this.

BINGO

at last.

On a site where we have a high number of posters who wouldnt touch an Xbox One with a barge pole (or so they say) but now say.. great i can get these games on my superior PC... it amazes me how they also see this as a bad thing.

Unlike most people fighting the console war, I'm keeping it real. Being more of a Sony/Nintendo guy and Xbone being my last choice, this is a perfect opportunity for me to play the best Xbox exclusives that I'd be missing out on. It's only a benefit for MS, since now they can earn my money despite me not buying (heck, not even considering buying!) their console. And after all, it's software sales that matter, not hardware.

In fact, since I went with a gaming PC this gen, MS is gonna earn more money on me than Sony. Crazy how it goes.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Personally, I still need an Xbox One because my computer can't handle games like Forza and Gears of War. And I like the comfort and convenience of plug-and-play gaming. But, I agree, it's a risky proposition. PC owners on the fence might now balk at the idea of buying Microsoft hardware. Software sales may rise, though.

Microsoft still has exclusives.
Where is the problem if a company has two platforms and develop their games on both platforms?
In the end they will generate money from both versions (PC and Xbox) with a larger install base.

Swordmasterman said:
Neodegenerate said:

And what exactly does that Venn diagram look like to you?  Of course there is cross-over, but certainly not enough to make the significant impacts you are implying here.

This only time will tell, lets see how well Xbox One and their games will peform after those announcements.

Not exactly something that has a singular item impacting it.  Series fatigue, quality of games, marketing strategies, all of that also would factor in.  Can't just look at a game that doesn't perform and go "well, this game that fits in the tiny box I am checking didn't do well so it must only be because of the tiny box."

My main concern with this would be based on what someone posted earlier as issues with the Win10 store.  Reading through the issues and lack of feature people experience is a bit worrying.  PC gamers are accustomed to Steam which allows for mods and SLI and Crossfire and other features.  Right now Win10 store supports none of that.  Fortunately, XB1 won't experience any of that as the gaming there is largely just right out of the box and into the console.

No need to beat around the bush. The Xbox One has no exclusive games and there's no reason to buy one when with a bit more effort you can just buy a decent PC and hook it up to a TV without needing to pay $50 a year for online. It's much cheaper in the long run and you get to play the same games.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Acevil said:

Exactly, now I can play Forza, and am now convinced to upgrade to Windows 10. That is a plus for microsoft, not a negative. 

They just saved a lot of people 400-500$.

How is that good for the Xbox brand, they literally gave up.

Think about it this way, you have to have Win 10 to play any of these games.  MS want Win 10 to be the defacto desktop PC OS - MS Wins

You have to purchase the games through the Win 10 Store.  MS wants the Win 10 store to be the defacto store front on PC - MS wins

You have to use XBL servivces to use their groups, hubs and other services.  MS wants XBL to be the defacto game service or just service period on PC - MS wins.

MS want Azure to be the defacto could service for games on PC - MS wins 

MS want MS game studio to be a juggernaught on PC - MS wins 

MS want to spurr more PC sales including hardware, this keeps the PC seen healty, makes their partner happy and those partners uses Win 10 as defacto OS when they sale the system - MS Wins

I have even more examples but will not make this post to long.  The problem with gamers is that you are so focus on console war this that you forget that MS as a company has many different products that has nothing to do with consoles but can use the console to leverage those other businesses and thus create huge reveiw streams for them.  In MS mind, its not the amount of hardware you sell but the amount of consumers you get as repeat buyers in your ecosystem that generate a constant revenue stream.  MS will continue to make a console but they are not limiting theselves to just the console gen but instead want to make the PC ecosystem their system which has a much bigger install base and revenue stream.

If the NX is a hybrid then Sony will be the only ones with true exclusives.
If you have a PC there is no beed to get an Xbox if you want xbox games.
If you dont have a PC or n xbox but want to play xbox games then the xbox one Would be a more affordable options. Its that simple.

Barozi said:
Now if you were talking about Playstation, Xbox and Wii exclusives you would've gotten a point.

Obviously we are talking about consoles.

jason1637 said:
If the NX is a hybrid then Sony will be the only ones with true exclusives.
If you have a PC there is no beed to get an Xbox if you want xbox games.
If you dont have a PC or n xbox but want to play xbox games then the xbox one Would be a more affordable options. Its that simple.

If Microsoft and Nintendo release their games for the PC people would stop purchasing consoles.

Why would you purchase a console when you can play all the other plataform's exclusives plus Pc exclusives for less than purhcasing all the machines ?.

Swordmasterman said:

If Microsoft and Nintendo release their games for the PC people would stop purchasing consoles.

Why would you purchase a console when you can play all the other plataform's exclusives plus Pc exclusives for less than purhcasing all the machines ?.

The question is not why would you not purchase PC, the question is why would it be bad for MS.  You upgrade to Win 10 which is what MS want everyone PC owner to do.  You upgrade your hardware which MS want every gamer on PC to do to make their partners happy.  You buy their games on MS Store which MS want every gamer to do.  You use their services to play their games which MS want every gamer to do.  I am finding it every hard to see where MS fails.  MS want to stop Apple, and Linus taking any more marketshare from their main money maker.  They want you to start considering their other products which will play within this same ecosystem as their advance their Play anywhere approach.  They want you to install their software on your IPhone or Android phone because thats probably the next step in this play anywhere.  MS is not looking at you as just a console customer, they want you as a customer period.