By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602

I genuinely don't care. I am not interested in PC gaming, and many people are like me. Most people dont play PC. The Witcher 3, probably the biggest PC marquee title of last year, sold 70% on console. And that was one of the most popular PC game of last year.

I think it's a good move for MS. MS was a PC publisher before xbox existed. Honestly, in the end, people who buy xbox games on pc still generate revenue for MS, which gives them more to reinvest in more games.

Around the Network

I mean...it certainly makes it harder to justify buying their hardware. But I think it's a smart business move for MS.

Edit: Actually, the Windows Store being so god damn awful still makes the Xbox hardware pretty appealing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Neodegenerate said:
Swordmasterman said:

Because they would piss off the majority of the Fans and their games would not sell (Quantum Break has yet to break 200k at retail on the USA), there is no guaranteed sales on the PC because they don't released their games there before, and Twice the number of games but half the number of consoles are worse for Sony.

With a greater install base they can sell VR, they can get more money selling Third Party games for the PS4 users, they can get more money because they  would make people purchase more than 1 Exclusive and would sell the PS Plus signature.

Releasing their Exclusives for PC when they marketed it as  exclusive is a Anti-consumer move, now they announce for Xbox One and PC together and that already is a good start, but it will not sell  more consoles for Microsoft if they release their games for the PC.

And we already saw how well those hundreds of Millions of Windows 10 users purchase games on the Windows Store.

I think you grossly overestimate the crossover between PC and console gamers.

And seems that people underestimate the impact of a Console without exclusives.

Microsoft have loyal fans on the USA but they will struggle even more to sell out-side of the USA.

Swordmasterman said:
Neodegenerate said:

I think you grossly overestimate the crossover between PC and console gamers.

Microsoft have loyal fans on the USA but they will struggle even more to sell out-side of the USA.

We disagree on the difference in the exclusives.  For console gamers what an exclusive is, generally, is something they can't get on the other 2 (PS, Xbox, and Nintendo are all we are dealing with here).  You keep referencing QB as a game that suffered due to lack of exclusivity, I would argue that it suffers more from a short campaign, lack of multiplayer, and thus less than stellar word of mouth.

MS has always struggled outside the US with the exception of one or two other markets when it comes to the Xbox.

Neodegenerate said:
Swordmasterman said:

We disagree on the difference in the exclusives.  For console gamers what an exclusive is, generally, is something they can't get on the other 2 (PS, Xbox, and Nintendo are all we are dealing with here).  You keep referencing QB as a game that suffered due to lack of exclusivity, I would argue that it suffers more from a short campaign, lack of multiplayer, and thus less than stellar word of mouth.

MS has always struggled outside the US with the exception of one or two other markets when it comes to the Xbox.

Just because someone play more on a Console it does not mean that the same person cannot play on the PC or that the PC does not exist for that person.

In the same way that people with very powerful PC purchase consoles for their games, Console gamers also purchase or play games on the PC.

Around the Network

Title is objectively false.

Obviously Windows 10 and Xbox One are both Microsoft products and thus Microsoft exclusives.
Now if you were talking about Playstation, Xbox and Wii exclusives you would've gotten a point.

Swordmasterman said:
Neodegenerate said:

Just because someone play more on a Console it does not mean that the same person cannot play on the PC or that the PC does not exist for that person.

In the same way that people with very powerful PC purchase consoles for their games, Console gamers also purchase or play games on the PC.

And what exactly does that Venn diagram look like to you?  Of course there is cross-over, but certainly not enough to make the significant impacts you are implying here.

it was the most logical step in my opinion

fuse Xbox and PC gaming to strengthen the position of the own PC store and broaden the audience for first party games, which in turn gives gamers the option to either use a PC or a standardized box MS releases all ~3 years (probably with guaranteed support for 6 years and optional support for 9 years)

And I got banned for stating this a few years ago. To be honest Microsoft should have developed a PC focused system instead of investing in Xbox brand. When Valve went to them Microsoft refused. A big mistake. Now I have no intention to buy Xbox One. I would rather invest in PlayStation brand and PC for my primary gaming. I will also invest in Nintendo of their system becomes cheap enough for me to play exclusives.

Neodegenerate said:
Swordmasterman said:

And what exactly does that Venn diagram look like to you?  Of course there is cross-over, but certainly not enough to make the significant impacts you are implying here.

This only time will tell, lets see how well Xbox One and their games will peform after those announcements.