By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Only Sony and Nintendo Have Exclusives, Now

So only Sony and Nintendo got exclusive games now

Yes, that's right. 432 71.76%

Yes but I don't care. 67 11.13%

No. 103 17.11%

Total:602

I'm happy with this. I hope they bring all Halo, GeoW and othe exclusive games to PC as well. I'd like to play them, but don't feel like buying an Xbone. The are gaining a customer in me by doing this.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Swordmasterman said:

Windows 10 isn't a Plataform, it is a OS that operate a Plataform, The PC is a Plataform of everyone at the same time that it is a plataform of nobody.

Sony can make a Store on All the Windows, Linux, IOS, and they would get 100% of the sales and would own their own "Plataform" just like Steam don't have to pay nothing for Microsoft for each sale in Steam's Store.

The difference is that Sony would sell less consoles if they release their games on PC, while it seems that Microsoft don't bother too much about Console Sales.

And the Windows Store's users does not means nothing because great part of the users were forced to update, a even greater part isn't gamers,and a big part will not purchase games from Windows Store. Look at Tomb Raider it sold 98% on Steam, meaning  2% or less for the Windows Store (it can mean even less if Square Enix sold the game on their store).

So what you are saying is Sony is greedier?  Wants a captive audience and need to push hardware sales on people? 

I agree.

It seems to be the biggest reason people purchase a Console over the other (their games),  when there was only Nintendo and Sega, Nintendo made a deal with developers to not release their games on Sega's system if they already were released for their system (they won every generation against Sega), Sony invested in hundreds of random, big and small, developers for the PS1, had a lot of exclusives with the PS2, there are Wii games that people still unable to play via Emulators.

To win a generation on the Console Market you need exclusives if you don't have your console will fail, because of that this is a problem for the Xbox Brand for releasing their games on PC.

Steam Machines sold under 600-800 Thousands in 1 year and the machines don't had Exclusives, if Sony stay in the lead and  if Nintendo get more ground with the NX this will be a very hard  thing for Microsoft to sell a console without Exclusives.

Depending on the price of the Xbox Scorpio, why would someone purchase a Scorpio when they can purchase a PC + Windows 10 and play World of Warcraft, Dota, League of Legends, 200000 of games that come to Steam before releasing for the consoles Plus all Xbox's Games?.

It's an idiotic move by microsoft as is (unless they twink it). I doubt that the vast majority of PC gamers would touch those xbox games. Mainly because of the windows store and no mod support. If MS really wanted to "open up it's games to a broader audience", it would put their games on steam and allow mod support. 

What will most likely happen is anyone who owns/plays on a gaming pc who wants to play any xbox game has no reason to buy the xbox consoles so they won't, they'll just buy whatever xbox game off of windows store and any third party game off of steam. All MS is really doing is losing potential console buyers (who would will likely pay for xbox live, buy third party games for the platform, buy content from the store) for a some windows store purchases on pc.  

kowenicki said:
method114 said:

Yea this was nothing but good news for PC gamers. 

Correction.  The only people that this is POTENTIALLY bad news for is PC gamers who ALREADY have an xbox one.

For EVERY other person this is good news.  PC gamers get access to more games, Console only gamers (the majority of console gamers) will benefit from xbox generating more revenue at a higher profit margin to develop more games.

Your right that's really the only people negatively affected by this. I guess anyone who decided to get an X1 instead of updating their PC as well. 

Puppyroach said:
Swordmasterman said:                                 

Windows 10 isn't a Plataform, it is a OS that operate a Plataform, The PC is a Plataform of everyone at the same time that it is a plataform of nobody.

Sony can make a Store on All the Windows, Linux, IOS, and they would get 100% of the sales and would own their own "Plataform" just like Steam don't have to pay nothing for Microsoft for each sale in Steam's Store.

The difference is that Sony would sell less consoles if they release their games on PC, while it seems that Microsoft don't bother too much about Console Sales.

And if Sony could release their games on PC aswell, and sell twice as many games but only half as many consoles, why wouldn´t they want to take that route? Do you think they make their money on hardware?

Because they would piss off the majority of the Fans and their games would not sell (Quantum Break has yet to break 200k at retail on the USA), there is no guaranteed sales on the PC because they don't released their games there before, and Twice the number of games but half the number of consoles are worse for Sony.

With a greater install base they can sell VR, they can get more money selling Third Party games for the PS4 users, they can get more money because they  would make people purchase more than 1 Exclusive and would sell the PS Plus signature.

Releasing their Exclusives for PC when they marketed it as  exclusive is a Anti-consumer move, now they announce for Xbox One and PC together and that already is a good start, but it will not sell  more consoles for Microsoft if they release their games for the PC.

And we already saw how well those hundreds of Millions of Windows 10 users purchase games on the Windows Store.

Around the Network

This is pretty much the impression I got as well it seems I'll give my X1 to my nephew now as my PC makes it redundant to have now. I think this has also undermined the Xbox brand because essentially with high performing budget GPUs that are coming out soon I don't get the point in Scorpio now.

Swordmasterman said:
Puppyroach said:

And if Sony could release their games on PC aswell, and sell twice as many games but only half as many consoles, why wouldn´t they want to take that route? Do you think they make their money on hardware?

Because they would piss off the majority of the Fans and their games would not sell (Quantum Break has yet to break 200k at retail on the USA), there is no guaranteed sales on the PC because they don't released their games there before, and Twice the number of games but half the number of consoles are worse for Sony.

With a greater install base they can sell VR, they can get more money selling Third Party games for the PS4 users, they can get more money because they  would make people purchase more than 1 Exclusive and would sell the PS Plus signature.

Releasing their Exclusives for PC when they marketed it as  exclusive is a Anti-consumer move, now they announce for Xbox One and PC together and that already is a good start, but it will not sell  more consoles for Microsoft if they release their games for the PC.

And we already saw how well those hundreds of Millions of Windows 10 users purchase games on the Windows Store.

I think you grossly overestimate the crossover between PC and console gamers.

I can easily see that, if Scorpio fails, or dosent meet their expectations, that Microsoft will skip consoles altogether and just produce games for Windows 10.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Remove "opinion", its the facts

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

By your own choice of words, you're incorrect. Microsoft still has exclusive, they're just not exclusive to Xbox One. But you'll still need a Microsoft platform to play those games. Had you talked about individual consoles and not console companies, I'd have agreed with you. It's still not 100 % true, but for the most part, it is.

tl;dr: Microsoft has exclusives, Xbox One doesn't.