By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo To Unveil the NX at CES 2016 in Las Vegas in January- Article says as if fact, but I am skeptical

This is not a public reveal. It's a 3rd party reveal. Assuming it turns out to be true, which doesn't seem all that unrealistic.

Around the Network

Guys I don't think you are reading the article, it says Nintendo will be showing it behind closed doors at CES, not that we will get to see it at CES.

Anyway, as someone said earlier if Nintendo was going to copy a console it would be PS4 (the more powerful, getting better third party support then Xbox One).

As I hope though the NX is more powerful then both and is at least closer to PS5 and Xbox 4.

Rumors are rumors.. my guess is still E3 2016

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I think the article mentions a closed doors reveal, doesn't it? In that case, it's possible (to attract partners). But I'm sure they'll openly unveil it just at E3 2016. Maybe they'll talk about it a bit in a April/May Direct or something, but full reveal... just at E3. I'm pretty confident.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I don't think it means it's be unveiled at CES per se, but it could be at CES. I have a feeling Nintendo is just riding this holiday out, once the holiday rush is over (specifically in Japan) I think we could get the official NX unveiling fairly quickly or they ride it out until March or so when the fiscal year ends.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
JEMC said:
jason1637 said:

I could see Nintendo showing of the consoles graphics and a controllers like Sony did a few years back with the PS4.

endo to reveal a new console at CES.

It's unlikely for Nintendo.

Also Sony did their own event to present the PS4 features and controller, they didn't do that at CES.

The only type of event Nintendo ahs is a direct, and i dont think a direct is the way to show of a new device. 

I hate myself a little for saying this, but with Iwata being gone, Nintendo could use that to make a more traditional E3 conference or a mixed one and reveal it at E3.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Reveille behind closed doors at CES for developers is definitely possible, article did not mention public revealed at CES. So basically if this happens we probably will not know it expect we have some leaks later from someone who were behind door.

Nem said:

I can't wait for it to be revealed. I want to know if it was a case of collective internet lunacy that made it into a console or not.

If it isnt a home console i am gonna have the laugh of the year.

So am I, although you have to admit Nintendo made it difficult to guess anything about NX.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Everyone is going to be so let down when the NX hardware released in 2016 is only the handheld version.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Definitely going to be revealed in 2016 and will release in 2016 too.