By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo To Unveil the NX at CES 2016 in Las Vegas in January- Article says as if fact, but I am skeptical

Too soon if true. They still have to keep the WiiU selling for a year, an announcement like that would kill those sales.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Article says as if fact???

Are there really people out there who believe this rumor? Man... I lost faith in humanity...

spemanig said:
NE isn't a news site - it's a fan blog. People need to stop treating sites like these like they ever have real journalistic merit.

To be fair, most gaming news sites don't have much journalistic merit or intergirty to speak of considering a lot of them act like glorified advertisement wings for publishers and mouth pieces for groups attempting to push political agendas.  Then again, this is drifting towards something off-topic.

In regards to this rumor, I don't think it's true but I won't lie; I like reading discussions on what the NX might be considering Nintendo has a lot riding on its success.  Because of that, the portion relating to 'technical specs and powers similar to the Xbox One' makes this rumor seem dubious considering the fact that Nintendo knows they have to address the power issues consumers, publishers and developers have talked about in relation towards the Wii U's lack of support.  Coming up with something 'on-par' with the Xbox One mid-gen gives off the impression that they're doing the bare minimum and runs the risk of upsetting Wii U owners considering that it might not be a big enough leap in power to justify the creation of a new console.

Then again, none of us know what the NX is going to be to begin with.

They seem to confuse "reveal" with "behind close doors presentation". Developers will obviously see the NX before us, to push them to develop games for it quickly.

I'm pretty sure some of them already saw something about it, or at least got some hints about its specs.

Around the Network

Yeah if it's as powerful as the XB1 then Nintendo didn't learn a damn thing. Thank god this is just a rumor. CES is only in a couple of weeks though, you would think something as big as this would leak sooner.

One of the biggest things that cast doubt on this is why would they be showing it at CES, even if it is behind the scenes. A behind the scenes showing would be done better at GDC where there are people from the game industry there to show it to. (And reported it seems like they will not have that big of a presence at this year's GDC. Though I do expect to start hear some rumors at this time since they will be looking to hire people at this time.

Damn!!! Every rumor about the NX goes wild here!!! Thats why these media news sites likes to jump in and join the fun.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

im so ready to see what it actually is

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

JEMC said:
I really doubt it.

First of all, CES is the worst place to unveil a new console. Even Nvidia, who attends it, uses CES to show its new Tegra processors, not graphics cards because they all know that CES is not the right place to do that.

Then there's the part about Wii U being at CES 2012, which forgets to mention that the console was first revealed at E3 2011, so its presence there was only to build hype.

And the rest is pure speculation.

If Ninendo goes to CES and shows something new, it will be their QoL devices.

I could see Nintendo showing of the consoles graphics and a controllers like Sony did a few years back with the PS4.

Magnus said:

It is very unusual for Nintendo to reveal a new console at CES.

They didi ti with Wii U