By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo To Unveil the NX at CES 2016 in Las Vegas in January- Article says as if fact, but I am skeptical

just did a litle reasearch and while yes Nintendo was at CES 11, I couldn't find a single article or rumour about project Cafe being at CES 11,actually the oldest rumour and piece of news I could find is from April 2011,but if Nintendo did show the Wii U behind close doors that still wasn't an unveiling if that were the case then the NX was unveild at E3 15

Around the Network
Hiku said:
IamAwsome said:
Yeah if it's as powerful as the XB1 then Nintendo didn't learn a damn thing. Thank god this is just a rumor. CES is only in a couple of weeks though, you would think something as big as this would leak sooner.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was about as powerful as XB1, but preferably it should be more like PS4 to not get as many performance issues for multi plats.
There's little point in going much beyond what PS4 can do. The gaming industry will still make games mainly with PS4 and XB1 specs in mind, so a very powerful NX wouldn't see much benefit from those games, while it would drive up the price of the console, and they need a compelling price point this time around.

Totally agree, NX being much less or much more powerful wouldn't be good for 3rd party at all, in both cases little small number of developers would make 3rd party games for NX. But if NX have similar power to PS4/X1 and similar architecture, that would allow 3rd parties easy and fast ports.

The last CES Nintendo attended was 2012 when they show the Wii U to who weren’t at E3 2011 the series of technical demos that were available, I believe

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
JEMC said:
jason1637 said:
JEMC said:
jason1637 said:

I could see Nintendo showing of the consoles graphics and a controllers like Sony did a few years back with the PS4.

endo to reveal a new console at CES.

It's unlikely for Nintendo.

Also Sony did their own event to present the PS4 features and controller, they didn't do that at CES.

The only type of event Nintendo ahs is a direct, and i dont think a direct is the way to show of a new device. 

I hate myself a little for saying this, but with Iwata being gone, Nintendo could use that to make a more traditional E3 conference or a mixed one and reveal it at E3.

Mixed would be nice.

Tuesday revealk the console  and talk about it and that type of thing, and Wednesday thave a direct for NX,WU,3DS games.

Nintendo going for cheaper instead of more powerfull, like they did with gameboy, DS, snes, wii, etc.

Nintendo being secrecy, with fear of other companies taking theirs ideas.

Nintendo running late on showing their hardware for thirds, like they did with gamecube.

What this rumor has to be so unbeliveable? What is there that nintendo never did before?

You guys understand that nintendo would want to go cheaper with hardware because, in the end, they are the ones who will developer most of their software, and they don't have so many people to make expensive games?

Do you guys know that the same leader ship taht greenlithged WiiU is the exactly same one in charge now, except for iwata?

People are acting like this regard nintendo attidude about NX so far:

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

Ohhh, super hyped

jason1637 said:
JEMC said:
jason1637 said:

The only type of event Nintendo ahs is a direct, and i dont think a direct is the way to show of a new device. 

I hate myself a little for saying this, but with Iwata being gone, Nintendo could use that to make a more traditional E3 conference or a mixed one and reveal it at E3.

Mixed would be nice.

Tuesday revealk the console  and talk about it and that type of thing, and Wednesday thave a direct for NX,WU,3DS games.

Well, I was thinking something more like Nintendo making a (short) Direct with the 3DS and Wii U games for 2016 as well as the new accounts, etc. Then, once the Direct is over, show a theater with the press journalists that have just watched the same direct as us and Reggie, Kimishima or both going on stage to reveal the new console and its launch games.

And after that a connection with the Treehouse guys at the E3 floor with the new console and more footage from the new games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

spurgeonryan said:

Are you serius!? Wii U is around 4x times weaker than XboxOne.

They doesnt need to go at least for PS4 power or little better if they aiming for very competitive price and something completely (new kind of "gimmick"), but they definitely need at least Xbox One power because of 3rd parties.

Well PS4 specs are similar to the Xbox One so it should be around that ballpark if true.

TomaTito said:

Everyone is going to be so let down when the NX hardware released in 2016 is only the handheld version.

That brings up an interesting possibility: Let's take into consideration that the rumor is actually true and, as TomaTito said, they're gona unveil ONLY the handheld, does it mean we're gona have a handheld with the horsepower of an X1 ? though I think it isn't quite possible I can only immagine what would happen  when this one piece of hardware releases...