By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo To Unveil the NX at CES 2016 in Las Vegas in January- Article says as if fact, but I am skeptical

Locknuts said:
Well PS4 specs are similar to the Xbox One so it should be around that ballpark if true.

Similar yes but not same, PS4 is around 30% stronger (much stronger GPU and memory), and thats why we have all those 900p games while they working in 1080p at PS4.

Saying that similar XboxOne power will be more than enuf for Nintendo to make their game in 1080p/60Fps, and 3rd party will probably done ports of XboxOne games also in 900p.

But also similar power to XboxOne can means lota things, for instance PS4/Xbox One are having weak CPU for their hardware, so NX could easily have stronger CPU but similar GPU and memory like to Xbox One, and stronger CPU could make quite difference.

Around the Network

Just having a AMD x86 CPU is going to put Nintendo in a much better position than with the WiiU imo.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Luke888 said:
TomaTito said:

Everyone is going to be so let down when the NX hardware released in 2016 is only the handheld version.

That brings up an interesting possibility: Let's take into consideration that the rumor is actually true and, as TomaTito said, they're gona unveil ONLY the handheld, does it mean we're gona have a handheld with the horsepower of an X1 ? though I think it isn't quite possible I can only immagine what would happen  when this one piece of hardware releases...

No, there's no way for a handheld to be so powerful.

What Nintendo could do is launch a handheld that's more powerful than a PS3/360, but then, its battery life would be laughable.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Luke888 said:

That brings up an interesting possibility: Let's take into consideration that the rumor is actually true and, as TomaTito said, they're gona unveil ONLY the handheld, does it mean we're gona have a handheld with the horsepower of an X1 ? though I think it isn't quite possible I can only immagine what would happen  when this one piece of hardware releases...

No, there's no way for a handheld to be so powerful.

What Nintendo could do is launch a handheld that's more powerful than a PS3/360, but then, its battery life would be laughable.

Yeah, mobile chips with reasonable power consumption aren't there yet, even the fastest models have only a fraction of the power of a PS3, 360 or WiiU. Here is a nice comparison I found:

If they are showing the NX behind closed doors will we get leaks?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Well this apparently likes when Wii U was shown behind closed doors, but Nintendo already showed Wii U in 2011.

http://www.wired.com/2012/01/wii-u-ces/

Miyamotoo said:
jason1637 said:

Well this apparently likes when Wii U was shown behind closed doors, but Nintendo already showed Wii U in 2011.

http://www.wired.com/2012/01/wii-u-ces/

Yeah but that's another story since the public already knew about the Wii u. We don't know about the NX and if it's shown behind closed doors we might not get any leaks, but I have my fingers crossed for a little something. 

nope, another click bait news. e3 is where the place is, or Nintendo could have just make their own event

HollyGamer said:
nope, another click bait news. e3 is where the place is, or Nintendo could have just make their own event

Are we assuming E3 isn't a Nintendo event? pwned.

Conina said:

Yeah, mobile chips with reasonable power consumption aren't there yet, even the fastest models have only a fraction of the power of a PS3, 360 or WiiU. Here is a nice comparison I found:  

I wonder where the Nvidia Shield tablet and Shield Android TV falls in that comparison.