By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Biscuits twitter trainwreck is hillarious

Chazore said:
OdinHades said:

Which implies games would be always better on PC. You know, like Resident Evil 4, Arkham Knight or Metal Gear Solid 2 - a Hideo Kojima game.

It's just silly to come to any conclusions just now. I don't think the graphics matter that much anyway. Maybe Kojima decided to make an oldschool 2D game? Who knows? Like I said, we'll have to wait and see. There's no point in complaining right away over literally nothing. 

Can I just point out the bolded parts for just a moment. I am aware you chose 3 different games that you no doubt know of the "port" quality of (notice I said port and not made on instead) and used as a counter argument despite the fact that all 3 used different teams, one of which was a console based 12 man dev team and the other two being different teams in general from their originals, the difference there is that you chose bad examples to back up your counterpoint as to why games don't run better on PC (which only suggests you believbe they run better on consoles instead and thus we trek into the muddy waters of us vs them which we really should be staying away from).

I know you don't think visuals don't matter as much, I don't mind for some games but I will definitely praise nice looking visuals when they are presented, despite MGSV being an incomplete and repetitive game it did look the part for a HK game, same with Battlefront despite it's lacking content and Witcher 3 (all 3 AAA's which work really well on PC and the upgrades did show for it in terms of MGSV V as an example).

There isn't much to complain about a game that doesn't exist for sure but TB is taking issue with how the deal will affect said games in the future, I mean really all Kojima has done at the end of the day was to play musical chairs where he goes from one seat to another rather than neither and still doing what he wants, though Sony will give him some assistance, there is no guarantee that Sony will allow him to spread his work to multiple systems and that's where some can start taking issue with and I can see that being a valid complaint. I mean the Mona Lisa is still at it's original place of showing but it's also had multiple copies created that were spread around the world rather than being confided to just the one museum.

The point is that games can run just fine on consoles and I don't see why anyone would skip a game just because it's not coming to their preferred platform. Even when you're a graphics whore, you don't need to limit yourself to PC. Just look at Uncharted 4. I mean, I'm no expert on tech or anything, but what I saw from that game looked better than any game I saw as of late, yes, even on PC. 

About Kojima doing what he wants: I seriously doubt he was forced to do this deal. I think it is exactly what he wants to do and if he wants to do a PS exclusive, you'll just have to respect that. It's not like the guy hasn't any history with PlayStation. Who knows, maybe he was forced to bring MGS5 as a multiplatform? I mean, he did bring MGS4 exclusive to PS3 in a time where Sony was dead last. So that's telling something. I know what he said about multiplatform in 2013, but with what we know about Kojimas Nazi tactics against their own employees, such statements could very well also been forced on him. 

I mean, we simply don't know and we'll most likely never get the whole truth behind it. All I know is that I'm happy to see new games from Kojima and I don't even care too much about the platform. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
KungKras said:
[...]

Let me break it down for you.

Steak = great game.

Steak cooked by a bad chef over a campfire = great game held back by the hardware. Like Ultima VI on SNES or Red Alert on the PS1.

Chicken somewhere else = a different game on PC.

Which implies games would be always better on PC. You know, like Resident Evil 4, Arkham Knight or Metal Gear Solid 2 - a Hideo Kojima game.

It's just silly to come to any conclusions just now. I don't think the graphics matter that much anyway. Maybe Kojima decided to make an oldschool 2D game? Who knows? Like I said, we'll have to wait and see. There's no point in complaining right away over literally nothing. 

All other things being equal games ARE always better on PC. Because the hardware is more powerful. That's his point and it's valid. It's not coming from irrationality or anything it's just the way things are.

He liked the PC MGS5 port and would have likes to see the next kojima game on PC, because if it is a game that benefits from technology, PC is the platform that could max it out. For some people, technology isn't as important but it is for him, so let him have his opinion.

I don't nessecarily agree with that opinion because I don't care about technology. My most played console to this day is the Gamecube. But what I'm against is the thread saying basically "look at these trainwreck comments from a dying guy" and the people saying "his tears are delicious". That's borderline sociopathic.

I LOVE ICELAND!

veritaz said:
Chazore said:

1.You tell me I'm being one sided and biased and yet I don't see you doing this all the time for when the opposite happens, 2.like seriously to call me one sided and biased and you are somehow completely unbiased, how when all humans are biased in general.

3.Can I just ask, where are you every time someone bashes PC gaming?, legit question.

4.Laughing at bias is still laughing at the person in general at the end of the day, his bias isn't some seperate external self aware life form that you can just yank away at will and laugh at seperately, it's coming from him as a person either way.

1. Where do you see that? I generally don't post anything when these sorts of things happen on either side unlike you unless something out of the ordinary is happening like this.

2. You are being completely biased here and trying to turn something he said into something completely different.

3. I don't really see any PC bashing here on the forums at all and don't post in them or console bashing unless it's a special circumstance like this one. Instead I do see you in multiple threads everyday posting the same things over and over again always trying to start arguments with people if they didn't say something you liked(usually if a game is console exclusive or only announced for consoles).

4. Again you're trying to make it sound like everyone who disagrees and laughs at his ridiculous statements is laughing at the person who has cancer and not what he says.

1. You are calling me one sided and biased just like you call him one sided and biased in saying he bashes consoles. I honestly don't know why you save it for "out of the ordinary" which to me means you save for spoecific instances you know you can handle or choose to.

2. You are also being biased in turning it into an argument that's different, at the end of the day we're all biased.

3. You must be selective in what you see and don't see because I've seen it beforehand a few times, maybe not in a way you think is bashing (because lets face it with the bias at hand you now selectively think he's bashing consoles yet don't see anything PC bashing on this site at all which in the end screams being one sided anyway).

You're one to talk, you're arguing with me over something you don't like and you are very likely to do so in the future, over and over again until I say something you like.

4.You're trying to make it sound like it's completely harmless to justify your disliking of what he says, you admitted before you hugely dislike what you perceive as console bashing and again you tell me I'm one sided, again you are just as biased.

Two way street mate. we can do this song and dance all day and you definitelty know as well as I do where this is heading, here I'll even drop this gif to visually show where it's going:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Protendo said:
KungKras said:

Why do you try to explain what a chef is to me? It wouldn't be an analogy if chef actually meant chef.

And there is nothing wrong with the analogy either. I got it immediately.

Seriously, even he admits it's a bad analogy....

Added some more responses to the original post.

Then why is this even a trainwreck?

It's just a guy giving his opinion with some humour added. What is your point?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Protendo said:

LOL.

I am just a guy giving his opinion with some humor....

Around the Network
Chazore said:
veritaz said:

1. Where do you see that? I generally don't post anything when these sorts of things happen on either side unlike you unless something out of the ordinary is happening like this.

2. You are being completely biased here and trying to turn something he said into something completely different.

3. I don't really see any PC bashing here on the forums at all and don't post in them or console bashing unless it's a special circumstance like this one. Instead I do see you in multiple threads everyday posting the same things over and over again always trying to start arguments with people if they didn't say something you liked(usually if a game is console exclusive or only announced for consoles).

4. Again you're trying to make it sound like everyone who disagrees and laughs at his ridiculous statements is laughing at the person who has cancer and not what he says.

1. You are calling me one sided and biased just like you call him one sided and biased in saying he bashes consoles. I honestly don't know why you save it for "out of the ordinary" which to me means you save for spoecific instances you know you can handle or choose to.

2. You are also being biased in turning it into an argument that's different, at the end of the day we're all biased.

3. You must be selective in what you see and don't see because I've seen it beforehand a few times, maybe not in a way you think is bashing (because lets face it with the bias at hand you now selectively think he's bashing consoles yet don't see anything PC bashing on this site at all which in the end screams being one sided anyway).

You're one to talk, you're arguing with me over something you don't like and you are very likely to do so in the future, over and over again until I say something you like.

4.You're trying to make it sound like it's completely harmless to justify your disliking of what he says, you admitted before you hugely dislike what you perceive as console bashing and again you tell me I'm one sided, again you are just as biased.

Two way street mate. we can do this song and dance all day and you definitelty know as well as I do where this is heading, here I'll even drop this gif to visually show where it's going:

1. I don't post on these situations usually or even enter the threads because they're usually the same thing over and over again and lead to no where but this situation was clearly a special occasion like I said with you trying to make people feel bad by saying they're laughing at a man who has cancer. It's because he is calling consoles shit and everything runs like arse/isunplayable.

2. No, he is literally just whinning and bashing so you are the one clearly trying to turn it into something different to fit your agenda.

3. I consider bashing making fun of someone playing on a system they prefer or making fun of the system itself. It if far more common for the PC crowd to do this and you damn well know it. 

4. I dislike bashing on any person or platform but I only see that from PC gamers the vast majority of the time. If someone was bashing PC like he was (saying it's shit and all games are unplayable on it) I would say the same thing. You're defending something that is just wrong plain and simple. Get it now?

veritaz said:

1. I don't post on these situations usually or even enter the threads because they're usually the same thing over and over again and lead to no where but this situation was clearly a special occasion like I said with you trying to make people feel bad by saying they're laughing at a man who has cancer. It's because he is calling consoles shit and everything runs like arse/isunplayable.

And yet you're going at me with "over and over again" which is you conradicting yourself by going towards quoting me and claiming I;m always doing the same thing over and over again, seriously the gall here. I see plenty of others making people feel bad, where the hell are you when that happens?, let me guess because it;s the "same thing over and over and I like to avoid it". Again the gall on selectivity here and calling me biased and yety you're oozing it just as much and trying to actively excuse it, especially now putting focus on the "you're making people feel bad on purpose". This is no different than being in the House of Commons, seriously.

2. No, he is literally just whinning and bashing so you are the one clearly trying to turn it into something different to fit your agenda.

He's taking issue with the deal being the main part here, the deal is what was made and he points out the effects of said deal and talked about platform loyalty along with other examples, not just "bashing" a non sentient piece of plastic made by a corp. You right now are trying to fit and skew things towards your own agenda, you chose to jump at me and call me one sided and biased nad yet here you are being one sided and biased, you have serious gall to imply you are completely and utterly unbiased (because you aren't with how you are being selective in the first place, you made that obvious flaw).

3. I consider bashing making fun of someone playing on a system they prefer or making fun of the system itself. It if far more common for the PC crowd to do this and you damn well know it. 

It's just as common from console folk doing it to one another and PC as well as mobiles and you damn well know that just as much, stop trying to skew things towards PC gamers being the end and cause of everything, you know damn well where that will leave us, I highly suggest you stop right there with such a notion.

4. I dislike bashing on any person or platform but I only see that from PC gamers the vast majority of the time. If someone was bashing PC like he was (saying it's shit and all games are unplayable on it) I would say the same thing. You're defending something that is just wrong plain and simple. Get it now?

You claim you don't and yet I don't see you upholding to it, even now you're being slective in saying" PC gamers cause this, they do that all the time, console players do it less", you are being one sided right now within this quote. I am defending the point of him diagreeing with the overal deal, the platform loyalty issue which is still a thing in the gaming industry, to claim it isn't is a pointless folly.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It would be different if the game was an intended multi that Sony paid to keep off other platforms, but there's no use in throwing salt over this. This is a partnership between Sony and Kojima productions. If they're backing it, then they're going to reap the rewards. That's Konami's failing right there.

His rant went from anti-exclusive to anti-console, yet it's possible the game may come to PC. What point is he trying to make?

Protendo said:
KungKras said:
Protendo said:

LOL.

I am just a guy giving his opinion with some humor....

While mocking him and calling him a trainwreck.

I LOVE ICELAND!

RJ_Sizzle said:
It would be different if the game was an intended multi that Sony paid to keep off other platforms, but there's no use in throwing salt over this. This is a partnership between Sony and Kojima productions. If they're backing it, then they're going to reap the rewards. That's Konami's failing right there.

His rant went from anti-exclusive to anti-console, yet it's possible the game may come to PC. What point is he trying to make?

Considering how he was all for the Bayonetta 2 (a Wii-U exclusive) since as he explained the game might not have had the necessary funding without the exclusive partnership, and even calls it one of the best action games ever.... Your guess is as good as mine. Apparently the Wii-U is better for cooking?

KungKras said:

While mocking him and calling him a trainwreck.

Mocking his trainwrek of an analogy (that he agreed to as bad) != mocking him as a person. I too say unintentionally funny things, feel free to laugh at them like I'm laughing at you trying to make a sponge out of a carrot.