By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Biscuits twitter trainwreck is hillarious

StarOcean said:

Ah, well anyone who is laughing at him for not having a lot of time left can go fuck themselves. They're only laughing because they narrowly avoided the coat hanger. Anyway, I see where he is coming from. I know TB has always been very negative towards exclusive titles. But yeah, I won't disagree with how people act about exclusives, just turns into a massive dick waving fest  

And I don't believe his new studio belongs to Sony, so I think some titles from Kojima's new studio will hit PC as long as he isn't bought out. And the last part will never change. People love fighting over stupid things. If people were civil there wouldn't be any need for mods -as a closer to home example.

But yeah, I've always liked TB's work. He's a great reviewer and I don't often see myself disagreeing with him (except on anything being under 60fps being "unplayable" in his opinion -as long as its above 20fps I'll play a game v.v XD)

Yeah I agree with that, I mean in the end I'd love as many games to be played on as many plats as possible rather than being shckled to a single one, my only one requirement is that the game runs decently on my setup which is all I want to ask.

I can imagine some of his future works coming to PC so I don't know why he's completely ruling it out, I mean Kojima knows this since he worked on a new engine along with helping port the game in the frist place, I;m sure he knows what he's doing in the end =P.

I do love his reviews but mostly his part in co-optional podcast, it's like with him gone the show would feel so incomplete without a cynical Brit there to keep Jesse, Crendor and Dodger in check. Also I'd miss his unboxing gifts his wife films him doing every now and then.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
KungKras said:
He makes good points.

Also, the guy has terminal cancer, so fuck everyone in this thread who's laughing about him.

What does his cancer have to do with this? You can still be a prick and have cancer, I normally agree with TB but he's just having a full on sook here.

OdinHades said:
Chazore said:

The cancer part we were mostly talking about was due to some here pointing and laughing at a guy who has less time on this earth, it's never funny to laugh at people purposely who have cancer or to mock them at that. He also makes some good points, you are totally free to disagree with him but at the end of the day he makes sense and has valid reasons.

Well, sure, it would be nice if the game is coming to PC. But it's just not that easy. For one, games tend to profit from exclusivity. Developers can put all their time and work into one platform and don't have to care at all about the specifics of another or a whole bunch of other platforms. All the porting takes time, time that could be better used for the game itself. Besides, if the game was coming to every platform, who would be funding it? We're talking about a Kojima game here for crying out loud! That's nothing you can fund with your regular Kickstarter or something. I doubt Kojima would be able to make an AAA game without help from Sony (or any other big publisher). In the PC world, there is just no publisher willing to take such a risk. Mainly because Microsoft stopped caring about PC games a long time ago.

Ok, Notch could step in and for once actually do something with his shitload of money. But as we know, that dude rather whines on the internet about how boring life became and how he has nothing to do instead of actually founding a new company or something... Yes, I'm still mad at that guy for that. Love Minecraft, but seriously, get yourself together, you have EVERY option in the world, you are just not using it! Oh anyway, I'm getting a little drifted away here. ^^

What does that mean for a game like Star Citizen though or Chris Roberts for that matter?, are you saying this doesn't work in terms for PC then in terms of exclusivity but only for consoles?. (not trying to start an us vs them thing here but I can feel we're going to that muddy water).

Also if I had that much money like Notch does I wouldn't complain about being bored lol, I do kind of understand him a bit in that he feels that his friends are leading more meaningful lives while they still work and well he doesn't have to. If I won the lotto I would still like to work and use my money to better people's lives around me/charity, me working keeps me busy in general, gives me some more money on the side and also gives me purpose, that is something I think Notch feels he is missing in his life.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
StarOcean said:

Ah, well anyone who is laughing at him for not having a lot of time left can go fuck themselves. They're only laughing because they narrowly avoided the coat hanger. Anyway, I see where he is coming from. I know TB has always been very negative towards exclusive titles. But yeah, I won't disagree with how people act about exclusives, just turns into a massive dick waving fest  

And I don't believe his new studio belongs to Sony, so I think some titles from Kojima's new studio will hit PC as long as he isn't bought out. And the last part will never change. People love fighting over stupid things. If people were civil there wouldn't be any need for mods -as a closer to home example.

But yeah, I've always liked TB's work. He's a great reviewer and I don't often see myself disagreeing with him (except on anything being under 60fps being "unplayable" in his opinion -as long as its above 20fps I'll play a game v.v XD)

Yeah I agree with that, I mean in the end I'd love as many games to be played on as many plats as possible rather than being shckled to a single one, my only one requirement is that the game runs decently on my setup which is all I want to ask.

I can imagine some of his future works coming to PC so I don't know why he's completely ruling it out, I mean Kojima knows this since he worked on a new engine along with helping port the game in the frist place, I;m sure he knows what he's doing in the end =P.

I do love his reviews but mostly his part in co-optional podcast, it's like with him gone the show would feel so incomplete without a cynical Brit there to keep Jesse, Crendor and Dodger in check. Also I'd miss his unboxing gifts his wife films him doing every now and then.

I need a better set up for my laptop XD I won't even bother posting the specs since they're that horrid  

Yeah, that confused me too... maybe he misunderstood the partnership? Because all indications seem to point at there being a PC port of whatever is being made. But whatever. I don't like how he seems to be taking shots at the game and it's platform without any real information on it yet. Hell, the game probably hasn't even been fully conceptualized yet.

I've never seen his Co-Optional podcast. I've avoided it mainly because of Dodger (she tries wayyy too hard to be 'cute' XD) I didn't even know he did unboxing videos

d21lewis said:
Chazore said:

The cancer part we were mostly talking about was due to some here pointing and laughing at a guy who has less time on this earth, it's never funny to laugh at people purposely who have cancer or to mock them at that. He also makes some good points, you are totally free to disagree with him but at the end of the day he makes sense and has valid reasons.

I've read the whole thread and for the life of me, I don't see any post of people laughing at him for having cancer. Until recently, I never even heard of him until a thread saying he was dying. I looked at the tweets but I haven't found the humor, yet. Just a guy and his opinion.

"his tears are so salty, his tears are delicious", people are creating/finding joy and delight in the fact that TB has something different to say on the subject matter of the deal than just praise, hell he even admits it was good that he left Konami but I guess if you don't give nothing but praise then you're some salty scumbag.

Besides that all I'm starting to see now and will likely see more of is people laughing at him and then trying to defend their laughter. why defend your laughter if you feel you have done no wrong, surely that can't be your conscience/moral compass talking?.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
d21lewis said:

I've read the whole thread and for the life of me, I don't see any post of people laughing at him for having cancer. Until recently, I never even heard of him until a thread saying he was dying. I looked at the tweets but I haven't found the humor, yet. Just a guy and his opinion.

"his tears are so salty, his tears are delicious", people are creating/finding joy and delight in the fact that TB has something different to say on the subject matter of the deal than just praise, hell he even admits it was good that he left Konami but I guess if you don't give nothing but praise then you're some salty scumbag.

Besides that all I'm starting to see now and will likely see more of is people laughing at him and then trying to defend their laughter. why defend your laughter if you feel you have done no wrong, surely that can't be your conscience/moral compass talking?.

He is completely bashing consoles heavily and whinning about something he has no knowledge of just because it isn't announced for PC. You're being completely one sided and biased. No one is laughing at his cancer just his complete one sided bias.

Chazore said:
d21lewis said:

Seriously. The analogy was a trainwreck. 

1.) Steak
2.) Now steak is at Denny's
3.) And then the steak now has a bad chef (Why care if you didn't like the chef?)
4.) And then steak vs chicken somewhere else (WHAT?)
5.) And now you are cooking over a campstove?

This is about a trainwreck of an analogy I found quite comical. Stop trying to make this into something it isn't. 

Chazore said:
[...]

What does that mean for a game like Star Citizen though or Chris Roberts for that matter?, are you saying this doesn't work in terms for PC then in terms of exclusivity but only for consoles?. (not trying to start an us vs them thing here but I can feel we're going to that muddy water).

[...]

Star Citizen is the exception, not the rule. Even a behemoth like Shenmue 3 raised "only" 6.5 million $, which is plenty, but not so much in terms of AAA development. Who knows what Kojima could have reached, but why shouldn't he just partner up with Sony (or someone else) for the beginning? It's a sure bet and if the game sells any good, he can use that money to invest in the future. It takes time to build a new studio, let alone a AAA one and you have to start somewhere. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

StarOcean said:

I need a better set up for my laptop XD I won't even bother posting the specs since they're that horrid  

Yeah, that confused me too... maybe he misunderstood the partnership? Because all indications seem to point at there being a PC port of whatever is being made. But whatever. I don't like how he seems to be taking shots at the game and it's platform without any real information on it yet. Hell, the game probably hasn't even been fully conceptualized yet.

I've never seen his Co-Optional podcast. I've avoided it mainly because of Dodger (she tries wayyy too hard to be 'cute' XD) I didn't even know he did unboxing videos

Speccy is your friend =P (well if you want it to be lol)

It's a decent bit of software that tells you all your innards along with up to date temp and stats as well as other data.

I think he's just a bit unsettled to ehar that someone he likes is free but then sees him being sort of "confided" to another seat, like playing musical chairs if you will and I guess he doesn't like seeing that happening to a man who yearned for freedom for a long time(tbh Kojima didn't look so thrilled in the vid which some in the comments section of the vid were pointing out and I was a bit puzzled as well since a good chunk of his photos or streams have him smiling at least most of the time).

In the end I feel Kojima deserved to be freed from Konami and I am happy for him earning that freedom and support from Sony, I mean no one else stepped in to give him some money when you think about it =P. I just wish that in the future his works are allowed to touch other systems because like the artists I watch across multiple websites, they too share the same desire I do to see their aworks of art be delivered to as many sites as they can provide to and I think it's great when they accomplish such a task.

Also I didn't know you avoided because of Dodger lol, I only just recently caught on that she collects GUndam model kits which probably makes her more nerdy than me XD, though I do like watching some of her streams with Jesse along with Jesse & Crendor's streams (I swear those 3 are the modern stooges lol). Co-optional podcast is definitely good if you want news from those guys, there are times though when Dodger isn't there since he also does Polaris news which involves her driving to the studio =P.

OdinHades said:

Star Citizen is the exception, not the rule. Even a behemoth like Shenmue 3 raised "only" 6.5 million $, which is plenty, but not so much in terms of AAA development. Who knows what Kojima could have reached, but why shouldn't he just partner up with Sony (or someone else) for the beginning? It's a sure bet and if the game sells any good, he can use that money to invest in the future. It takes time to build a new studio, let alone a AAA one and you have to start somewhere. 

YOu never know what the future holds though so it could eventually be the rule, I mean a decade ago there was no crowdfunding of any kind when it came to gaming, now we've got it via so many types and vendors in such a short span of time.

I;m not saying he shouldn't partner up, what I'm saying is it would be unfortunate if his partnership meant his work not being allowed to touch multiple systems, like ana rtist who's given a canvas to paint on but is told he can only show it to one meseum for the rest of his career which in all honesty isn't a good thing for absolutely everyone. Even when a deal appears to be a good one there are still flaws to be found within them.