By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do I make gaming fun again?

I need your help here guys.

Gaming isn't as fun as it used to be and no matter what I try to do I just don't enjoy it...Its something that has been slowly building up for the past 2-3 years and I am finally at a point where I do not enjoy gaming at all.

I have all the money necessary to buy consoles and best games that the industry has to offer, but ithe concept of gaming just isn't engaging to me anymore. It's either too tedious, too slow, not fun, too stressful or a combination of things. When I have spare time that I used to dedicate to gaming I usually find myself reading books, watching sports, even doing house work...all before I would consider booting up a game or two.  

Is the party over? Has anyone lost their gaming mojo and somehow eventually got it back? Should I just accept its over and move on?

Around the Network

By not coming here. Joking but seriously, I feel like going to video game forums started to make me care about aspects of games that I never really ever thought about before. I feel like if I wasn't so involved in the community I wouldn't be as picky.

You got older and your tastes changed

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

play more nintendo

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

It has happened to me, the remedy to that is to stop gaming. Disconnect everything from your tv and dont play for a few months. That may revive the passion. Its not that different than marriage

Around the Network
disolitude said:

I need your help here guys.

Gaming isn't as fun as it used to be and no matter what I try to do I just don't enjoy it...Its something that has been slowly building up for the past 2-3 years and I am finally at a point where I do not enjoy gaming at all.

I have all the money necessary to buy consoles and best games that the industry has to offer, but ithe concept of gaming just isn't engaging to me anymore. It's either too tedious, too slow, not fun, too stressful or a combination of things. When I have spare time that I used to dedicate to gaming I usually find myself reading books, watching sports, even doing house work...all before I would consider booting up a game or two.  

Is the party over? Has anyone lost their gaming mojo and somehow eventually got it back? Should I just accept its over and move on?

I had been feeling that way not long ago. Picked up Splatoon and that's helped bring me back. Recently started playing Freedom Planet.

Pick up another hobby and maybe one day a game will come out that'll help bring you back. Try playing an old favorite.

Step 1 Get a gaming PC
Step 2 Install Civilization 5
Step 3 Play Civilization 5

It is just do easy to get into. (also Nintendo games are good for this)

Get the right games. Really does help.

I know it sounds crazy, but when I get the "right" game, it'll grab me for hours on end just as strongly as any games did when I was younger. However hype and all that malarky end up pushing you towards games that you wouldn't normally choose, because they're the "best".

There's also the opposite problem, games end up getting slated and it puts you off them, even if they appealed to you. A recent example of that for me is The Order, which I eventually got for £15 I ended up playing pretty much from start to finish in one sitting I was enjoying it that much. On the otherhand, I often find games like GTA bore me to tears, yet due to the hype, always end up getting suckered into buying the next one.

So yeah, look at what appeals vs what is being acclaimed. It might help you find the enjoyment again :) and remember that you don't actually have to love every game you play. Especially as free time becomes something increasingly valuable and spending it on games that aren't doing it for you is just a complete waste.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

rolltide101x said:

Step 1 Get a gaming PC
Step 2 Install Civilization 5
Step 3 Play Civilization 5

It is just do easy to get into. (also Nintendo games are good for this)

lol that's exactly what I was going to suggest.

You need a more complex experience at the point where you are. You also need something addictive. You could also try XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within.

That sometimes happens with growing older. You may try more casual games or little games with fun ideas or just relaxing games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]