By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U hardware estimates up

No PsVita Sales Again?????

C'mon Sony!!!! Did they just stop tracking them? Even software sales?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

Legacy system now.  Probably just gets lumped in with all their other step-children.

Jranation said:

0 unit. That's The Sales until a Source...

teigaga said:
Will be up YOY easily, presumably 2016 will be Xbox's peak.

I always expected 2015 to be the peak year but you're right, it will probably be 2016. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This reminds me need to pick up Lego Jurassic World!

Around the Network

Protendo said:

Why is it suprising? PSN had Destiny on sale digitally for a good chunk of the time. Buy the deluxe version on sale for $35 or spend more physically.

NPD is retail only... not digital.

Damn, Wii U is done.

Will probably be lucky to hit 15m now.

tokilamockingbrd said:
NewGuy said:
What was the PS4 - XBone gap going into last November? I think it's at ~810K now.

I want to say it peak at a little over 1 million. So essentially at the end of September 2015 we will be pretty close to where we were end of Sep 2014,. PS4 still no price drop.

Thanks

ZhugeEX said:
JRPGfan said:
About a 30,000 sales differnces only between Xbox One and PS4.
Gap between the PS4 and Xbox One, is around 820,000.

The gap is ~800k

Not that it matters too much. 

I know you're apparently the numbers guy, so is the above gap correct? Seems right. If so, I think the gap this year will be a tad smaller going into November.

However, I think Sony will be more aggressive. I see no price cuts this holiday, but I do see Black Friday promotions, with bundled games and temp price cuts. Sony won't do a price cut for 6-8 weeks like MS did last holiday, maybe one for BF/Cyber Monday weekend and one for Xmas week.

MoHasanie said:
teigaga said:
Will be up YOY easily, presumably 2016 will be Xbox's peak.

I always expected 2015 to be the peak year but you're right, it will probably be 2016. 

unless something kinect like happend again, yes
2016 should be the peak year

Why would XB1 be up YOY in 2016? Maybe it'll be in the first few months but then it won't keep up.