By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

OttoniBastos said:

MS never pushed X360 as much as Sony did with PS3(or maybe they couldn't because PS3 was more powerfull?) and nintendo like to hide their console's limitations with cell shading and cartoonish art design.

Halo 4 is a very impressive looking game. Especially when you consider the large enviornments to explore, lots of actioin going on at once, four player split screen, etc.

Also, Forza 4 has very sexy visuals that actually do a pretty great job maintaining 60 fps.

The only 1st party PS3 games that looked notably great were Naughty Dog games. Those are on the linear side and reliant on FMVs for cutscenes.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
naruball said:
VanceIX said:

None of those games have been released yet, all of those scenes are hand-picked from the studios. There is no guarantee that any of the games will look near as good.

Also, The Order and Uncharted 4 are both linear cinematic games. You would expect them to have good graphics due to the lack of objects needed to be accounted for in the game environment (and before someone starts flaming for it, even Kojima has said that open-world games are harder to optimise for graphics than linear).

Show me any game that looks like Skyrim with ENB and texture mods (it was a last-gen game too), and then I'll listen. As of now, pretty cinematic linear games do nothing for me.

I think everyone can agree with you about linear games. But whether you're interested in them or not is besides the point. What's supposed to be discussed here is whether there is something more impressive than these gifs/pictures on pc. In other words, use a gif/pic from a pc game that is linear but looks better than uncharted. Again, whether the final product will look as good as the presentation is besides the point. The OP is asking if there's something as impressive as these gifs. Therefore you can use gifs from pc games that have not been released yet.

We're not talking about overall impressive games, but specifically impresive games. Can you provide any examples of a video game character's looking more impressive than Drake's from Uncharted 4? Because I have yet to see anything more impressive than that. Again, I'm not talking about trees, but characters, especially facial features.

All of these are mods for a last-gen game that are actually working now (Lightning is an in-game mod). Uncharted 4 will almost certainly not have that level of detail during actual gameplay where things are actually happening on screen, and one hand-picked trailer isn't going to change that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that tons of trailers look impressive. Watch Dogs looked amazing in the original trailer. The end product is almost never what it is made out to be though, and you should be especially cautious when no actual gameplay is shown.

And you'd be surprised how many people believe that The Last of Us is the pinnacle of graphics optimisation, when it is a cinematic linear title. It looks great, sure, but it's to be expected when you make a condensed game with the huge budget that ND gets, especially since it was at the very end of the generations and since it was exlusive.

But it will, just wait.  They wouldn't say it will unless it will.  Hell Killzone: SF does, snf Infamous: SS DEFINATELY does.

Mr Puggsly said:
OttoniBastos said:

MS never pushed X360 as much as Sony did with PS3(or maybe they couldn't because PS3 was more powerfull?) and nintendo like to hide their console's limitations with cell shading and cartoonish art design.

Halo 4 is a very impressive looking game. Especially when you consider the large enviornments to explore, lots of actioin going on at once, four player split screen, etc.

Also, Forza 4 has very sexy visuals that actually do a pretty great job maintaining 60 fps.

The only 1st party PS3 games that looked notably great were Naughty Dog games. Those are on the linear side and reliant on FMVs for cutscenes.

Sorry but almost every year sony had at least one game that was totally unbeliavable for that year's graphical standard.

2007: MGS4

2008: inFamous

2009: uncharted 2

2010: god of war 3,Gran Turismo 5

2011: Heavy rain,Uncharted 3

2013: Ascension,TLOU,Gran turismo 6,Beyond two souls

I just think SCEWWS is head and shoulders above the rest of the development world talent wise, as far as programming goes. Naughty Dog, Gurrilia, Santa Monica, and Polyphony all did things on PS3 that even impressed me when I was running a GTX 460. They just have so much attention to detail, and such great optimization that there games stand out even on well underpowered hardware.

Now I have a GTX 760, and I have yet to play anything on it that impressed me as much as Killzone or InFamous have on PS4. In the next year, I think Sony will release PS4 games that I will never see that GPU pull off. As I have said in other threads I don't expect to start seeing PC graphics take a notable advantage tell 2017 or 2018. At that point the power difference will be starting to grow enough that developers will be able to do more advanced techniques that really set the games apart with out the need to dive deep into the GPU.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mr Puggsly said:
outlawauron said:
Lots of insecurity in this thread.

Lots of insecurity in this forum.

8th gen graphics thus far just looks like more polished 7th gen games to me. I hope to be more impressed in the future.

The same can be said for any other platform post 7th gen.

Around the Network

I'm not gonna involve myself in this discussion but I've seen a couple people here use Skyrim with mods as examples, so I have a question to those people.

Is there a mod that improves the animations in Skyrim? Cause I've seen my room mate play it on his PC and I'm sorry but you could have thrown as many graphic mods at that game as you wanted but I'd still be extremely bugged by the horrible character animations, it all so wooden. A Uncharted, TLOU or Infamous SS easily beats the game in that regard even on PC.

Intrinsic said:
Zero999 said:

given sony's history, the actual graphics of those games will be bellow what they showed.

lol... *Looks at Infamous second son and KZ shadow fall and the order*

Ok, anything you say.

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

Zekkyou said:

EVERY game has compromises lol. MK8 just has particularly significant IQ ones since they wanted to hit 60fps. If it hadn't compromised anything it would be running at 1080p/60fps/16xMSAA. Heck, if we wanted to get really fancy we could skip out of the 16xMSAA and simply super sample the entire game from UHD. Yet it runs at 720p/60fps/no AA. That is something we call a "compromise"

I've seen the game, it's not missing anything it needs. thus, no compromises were made.

Zero999 said:
Intrinsic said:
Zero999 said:

given sony's history, the actual graphics of those games will be bellow what they showed.

lol... *Looks at Infamous second son and KZ shadow fall and the order*

Ok, anything you say.

the order? like, that game that hasn't released? infamous is a pretty good example for my point. also, the uncharteds, motorstorm...

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

KBG29 said:
I just think SCEWWS is head and shoulders above the rest of the development world talent wise, as far as programming goes. Naughty Dog, Gurrilia, Santa Monica, and Polyphony all did things on PS3 that even impressed me when I was running a GTX 460. They just have so much attention to detail, and such great optimization that there games stand out even on well underpowered hardware.

Now I have a GTX 760, and I have yet to play anything on it that impressed me as much as Killzone or InFamous have on PS4. In the next year, I think Sony will release PS4 games that I will never see that GPU pull off. As I have said in other threads I don't expect to start seeing PC graphics take a notable advantage tell 2017 or 2018. At that point the power difference will be starting to grow enough that developers will be able to do more advanced techniques that really set the games apart with out the need to dive deep into the GPU.

Very well said. And this is exactly how I feel too. There is no doubt or arument that if counting transistors, clock frequencies and mem-ban, there will always be a PC combination somehwere that will trump PS4/XB1 with one hand tie behind its back. But in all sincerity, if we are to be honest with eachother, theer is nothing about anything that we see in PC games today that will put the best looking PS4 games to shame or that somehow looks a generation ahead of the PS4. And any PC gamer that still makes such claims is IMO, being heavily biased. And this really all boils down to the level of optimization that goes into console development.

And you are dead on with you projections, it will take at least up to 2017/2018 before we start to see games on PC that will show-off all the hardware advanatages that PCs have over consoles in such a way that it would be easy to say, ok nothing on consoles can touch or do this. And that is because at that point PC hardware will be so powerful that with minimal effort devs will be able to supercede anything that consoles can do.