By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

VanceIX said:
FATALITY said:
curl-6 said:

If you're seriously trying to argue that PS4 is equal or more powerful than a high end gaming PC, then I'm sorry, but all the spin in the world can't make that statement credible.

where i said that?

The title is "...PS4 graphics are in another level!" when clearly they aren't. PC absolutely oblierates the consoles in graphics.

Also, even if you compare it to only the Xbox One, it's still not quite that ahead. They are very similar in terms of architecture, so most games will look almost identical in the end.

And this is coming from a PS4 own, so don't call me a Sony-hater, please.

lol.

of course pc can have games that would look better than the order, but right now there is not such a thing.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
VanceIX said:

The title is "...PS4 graphics are in another level!" when clearly they aren't. PC absolutely oblierates the consoles in graphics.

Also, even if you compare it to only the Xbox One, it's still not quite that ahead. They are very similar in terms of architecture, so most games will look almost identical in the end.

lol.

of course pc can have games that would look better than the order, but right now there is not such a thing.

I would argue that since The Order isn't even out yet that point is moot.

If you insist with that though, I would argue that Star Citizen (a game which isn't completely out yet either) is much more graphically impressive than The Order, or at least it will be soon.

However, you will probably argue that it isn't, at which point we will reach a impasse of subjectivity, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

High End PC's are capable of better graphics than the PS4, but other than that, PS4 beats everything else on the market.

VanceIX said:
FATALITY said:
VanceIX said:

lol.

I would argue that since The Order isn't even out yet that point is moot.

If you insist with that though, I would argue that Star Citizen (a game which isn't completely out yet either) is much more graphically impressive than The Order, or at least it will be soon.

However, you will probably argue that it isn't, at which point we will reach a impasse of subjectivity, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

yeah star citizen looks sick. and when i started this thread never was to compare the power between pc/xbox/ps4.

you guys were the ones to bring that up.

im just saying the gpx on ps4 looks better than everything we have seen, and its just the begining. 

the last of us 2 or whatever ND is cooking will make people go crazy.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:

yeah star citizen looks sick. and when i started this thread never was to compare the power between pc/xbox/ps4.

you guys were the ones to bring that up.

im just saying the gpx on ps4 looks better than everything we have seen, and its just the begining. 

the last of us 2 or whatever ND is cooking will make people go crazy.

Alright, I mean, I don't disagree with you, the games certainly look nice. But a couple of linear cinematic games don't really show true performance, since they sacrifice the openess of the game to achieve those graphics, almost like a movie where you can play a little bit too.

To each his own though.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
FATALITY said:

lololololololol

Every shot you posted looks worse than Watch Dogs from a technical level..........

And I posted those shots because those are ones I took direct capture myself from my own capture card......I don't trust or take bullshots. Those are direct PNG's that I have taken myself.

If the OP thinks Infamous looks better than this..........idk anymore

BenVTrigger said:

If the OP thinks Infamous looks better than this..........idk anymore

You're judging at a technical standpoint, which makes Watch Dogs objectively better, but aesthetically, a ton of Infamous pics looks better than the second pic, the first is mighty impressive however. The entire argument is that aesthetically PS4's graphics are on another level. Sure, The Order is a cinematic linear game, but the PC doesn't have a Cinematic linear game to compare it to, and that's fine. But at the end of the day The Order is still a game, and it looks better than anything I've seen before, same with Driveclub, just because it doesn't have 8xAA and 16XAF doesn't make it look worse than a game that does. 

Texture work, talent, rendering methods, and tricks make this gap, not raw power alone. The only PC game that aesthetically looks as good as The Order and Driveclub is Star Citizen imho.