By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Areaz32 said:
PC has some of the most inconsistent graphics in the industry regardless of how good the pc is. PC has the most variety in hardware of any piece of electronic equipment on the planet. What that means for games is that even if you have a very high end pc there is still great potential for crashes and random bugs that hinders the overall performance. In other words the engine may be the strongest ever but using it to drive a slippery slope of a road will not necessarily mean it drives it as good as the engines that were designed to drive it. If that makes any sense. I think that atleast for 1.5 year into the future, we will not see any pc games with better graphics than ps4 games. Atleast for 1.5 year ahead.

????

That's already happened. PC multiplats look better on PC than PS4. Mod them and they'll look even better with extra advantages such as higher res textures, higher overall resolution, better shadows, more tessellation, better anti-aliasing etc.

Around the Network

Well the multiplats are never up to par compared to sonys first  party stuff. Simply the graphical effects and simulations going on in those games are beyond the multiplats.

Areaz32 said:
PC has some of the most inconsistent graphics in the industry regardless of how good the pc is. PC has the most variety in hardware of any piece of electronic equipment on the planet. What that means for games is that even if you have a very high end pc there is still great potential for crashes and random bugs that hinders the overall performance. In other words the engine may be the strongest ever but using it to drive a slippery slope of a road will not necessarily mean it drives it as good as the engines that were designed to drive it. If that makes any sense. I think that atleast for 1.5 year into the future, we will not see any pc games with better graphics than ps4 games. Atleast for 1.5 year ahead.

There are PC titles already  that look better than PS4, I proved it earlier in this very thread.........

BenVTrigger said:
Areaz32 said:

There are PC titles already  that look better than PS4, I proved it earlier in this very thread.........

Those titles dont run 100% flawless and they dont actually "look" better since they use old and outdated tech. Atleast ps4 games use new tech and rendering methods. Show me something that achieves what The order 1886 achieves. And i am talking about all the technical things.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Brii said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You can like realistic graphics, you just can't compare them negatively to Real Life. E.G,

this game looks better than Life. {Perfectly Acceptable}

this game looks good but not as good as Life {Wrong!}

That's actually not even the comparison I was making, though! I just find striving for realism kind of dull, even if it's an 'enhanced' version of a realistic setting. Last of Us is lush and detailed, and I can appreciate that, but for me personally, it doesn't appeal aesthetically. I wasn't assessing quality, just stating personal preference.

Can I have my card back?

Yes, but we're watching you.

You still posted a picture for the motion.

As for Watch Dogs at ultra on PC - Journey looks better than that.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
curl-6 said:
Raziel123 said:
If you say so lol.

There's more to how a game looks to somebody than just the raw specs.

That's an entirely different matter. I can say that Darksiders 2 looks prettier than Ryse, but I won't say that it looks better or that it has better graphics; it doesn't.

Though i still don't see why you'd say that even then, both Shadow fall and Second Son are a lot more colorful and "prettier" than Ryse.

Colour was actually one of the ways Ryse topped SF/SS in my view. Its splashes of vibrant colour contrasting with an otherwise grim world was truly eye catching.

There was a richness, density, and nuance to Ryse's visuals. Shadow Fall and Second Son, for all their impressive cityscapes, were more clinical, cold, and mechanical.

BenVTrigger said:
Areaz32 said:

Which games did you use as examples? Watch Dogs? Because that doesn't look pretty to me. Delsin  using his neon powers - that's pretty.

Lawlight said:

You still posted a picture for the motion.

As for Watch Dogs at ultra on PC - Journey looks better than that.

This is firstly an objective opinion if your talking about "looks like"

Secondly from a technical and performance level they aren't close, and there isn't a game on the PS4 that runs on a technical level equivalent to Watch Dogs Ultra currently.

At least 3/4 of the posts in this thread are either flaimbate, trying to get attention, trolling, or blatantly ignoring statistical facts. 

I've posted direct feed captures I myself have taken running in real time of the current best looking open world game Infamous Second Son and compared them with Watch Dogs on PC. I will post them again as basically I have heard zero logical rebuttal on these images because there is none.

Infamous Second Son

Watch Dogs PC Ultra

The Watch Dogs screen are clearly, objectively better technically.

This isn't up for debate.

Watch Dogs is

1. Higher Resolution

2. Superior Anti Aliasing

3. Superior Geometry

4. Superior Texture size and complexity

5. Has more natural and realistic lighting.

And in these screens I'm giving Infamous the advantage of photo mode, which actually adds effects over the base game giving a superior image.

Its all well and good to say the PS4 has amazing looking games, because it does. Beautiful titles actually, but to say it outperforms a top end PC is flat out wrong and isn't up for debate.

Lawlight said:

Which games did you use as examples? Watch Dogs? Because that doesn't look pretty to me. Delsin  using his neon powers - that's pretty.

Pretty?

This isn't a discussion on pretty....

This is a technical discussion between the merits of the PS4's horsepower and a high end PC. From a technical performace PC is already well ahead even with mutli-plat titles that aren't even optimized for it.

1 year from now the gap will be bigger.

And that's normal. At the end of the day consoles aren't meant to be the most powerful hardware in the world. They are designed to have the best power to cost ratio and can still pump out amazing visuals.

But for enthusiast high end graphics capabilites PC outperforms both current gen consoles already by a considerable margin.

BenVTrigger said:

At the end of the day consoles aren't meant to be the most powerful hardware in the world. They are designed to have the best power to cost ratio and can still pump out amazing visuals.

But for enthusiast high end graphics capabilites PC outperforms both current gen consoles already by a considerable margin.

Thank you. Perfectly summed up the thread.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC