By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Raziel123 said:

Ryse has too many compromises, lighting doesn't interact properly with many world objects (a good example is how it does work properly in the forest level but then never does on any of the other trees in other levels of the game, nor do the trees even look remotely the same), lower resolution, worse framerate, lower res textures on a big chunk of the environment and, despite being "on rails" cinematic game, it still resorts to switching character models between cutscenes and in-game, which neither Shadow Fall nor The Order do.

I haven't played The Order, but Ryse's character models, shading, and foliage added up to a more impressive visual package than Shadow Fall in my view.

Around the Network

If you say so lol.

Raziel123 said:
If you say so lol.

There's more to how a game looks to somebody than just the raw specs.

sc94597 said:
Areaz32 said:
Wright said:
monsterduc1000 said:

Show me a pc for $400 that will have better graphics than a ps4...

Here
you go.

already 150 bucks more than 400

Not even half as good as the ps4.

Significantly less ram and ram speed

The gpu you would need for a pc to match the ps4 would need to be twice as good. 

And those keyboard and mouse dont come with any motion controls touchpad and or a lightbar for z axis measurement.

Thats a negatory.

Why don't we add the cost of PS network, and an average of $20/game to the budget of the PS gamer vs. a PC gamer. Add another $200 to your PS4 estimate for  four four years of internet alone. Anyway, by the time Order 1886 or Uncharted 4 release, PC gaming will have gone through likely two more graphics card generations and ram would be vastly cheaper. So while you're playing those games that are suppose to push the PS4's hardware, a person can buy a PC for the same price that exceeds the PS4 in ability, and enjoy multiplatform games with a graphical quality, image quality, and framerates matching or exceeding that of the PS4. 

In a reply to the "here you go" person, I broke down that right now, for $550 (which was a barely camparable pc really), you can get the ps4, a couple games and a ps Plus membership which leads to free games across all sony platforms.  To me, being able to get $30-60 games for my ps3 and a bunch of $10-20 games for the ps4 for free is a HUGE value added into the ps Plus membership that negates the initial cost by a big margin.

By the time pc gaming goes through a couple new graphic card generations, the ps4 will most likely have had a few price drops and the games being built for it will be significantly more optimized  to run on the systems hardware, thus looking much better than the ones now (just like any console over it's lifespan).  I still don't believe the ps4 will be that much behind (or at all) a similar priced pc in the coming years as what will you be able to get for a pc priced at $350 and then $300 when the ps4 hits those price points.

curl-6 said:
Raziel123 said:
If you say so lol.

There's more to how a game looks to somebody than just the raw specs.

That's an entirely different matter. I can say that Darksiders 2 looks prettier than Ryse, but I won't say that it looks better or that it has better graphics; it doesn't.

Though i still don't see why you'd say that even then, both Shadow fall and Second Son are a lot more colorful and "prettier" than Ryse.

Around the Network
Brii said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You can like realistic graphics, you just can't compare them negatively to Real Life. E.G,

this game looks better than Life. {Perfectly Acceptable}

this game looks good but not as good as Life {Wrong!}

That's actually not even the comparison I was making, though! I just find striving for realism kind of dull, even if it's an 'enhanced' version of a realistic setting. Last of Us is lush and detailed, and I can appreciate that, but for me personally, it doesn't appeal aesthetically. I wasn't assessing quality, just stating personal preference.

Can I have my card back?

Yes, but we're watching you.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Lawlight said:
ps4tw said:

Need to get your hands on star citizen. Blows every game out of the water in terms of graphics. 

Looks good. What about in motion?

The game is using CryEngine 3 to the max and some as-of-yet not publicly released rendering techniques to push PC hardware to the limits. 
Ingame HUD: 

In motion:

sc94597 said:

Actually I have played it. It wasn't. What they showed at E3 2005 was eventually matched on the PS3, but not until last generation games like Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, and meanwhile PS3 gamers were obsessed with how it supposedly looked better than Crysis, even after we found out it was pre-rendered. 

We are talking about this trailer by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9xC6TMdiw

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/10/guerrilla-recalls-the-controversy-surrounding-killzone-2s-e3-2005-trailer/

The second link is an article about the whole situation, and here are some of the comments. 

"So far no game has come close to the graphics in that trailer."

"@2, well graphics i don’t know, but animations YES.

When i saw it first time i thought: Holy shit, they are crazy. How is this even possible?

and then killzone 2 came out……………….."

I know you are talking about that trailer, and to me it doesnt look as good as KZ2... what can i say the whole trailer looks blurry... and almost without color... the fire looks horrible, and you cant even tell when the Hellghast masks starts and ends, because they look like simple shadows with red eyes, the characters faces look like they are made out of plastic.... the actual game looked better and not just to me, sadly i dont bookmark pages on youtube and other sites where people agree with my opinions so its gonna be hard to prove it, (actually on the comment section of the video you linked i did found people who agreed whith me so... well thats a start) but then again im surprised that you played it and didnt even notice those very simple differences...

also i dont know which ignorant said that it looked better than Crysis but it was obviously a fanboy...

look i know PC is graphics king and only an ignorant would dare put that in doubt, but what you cant deny is that both UC4 and the Order 1886 do look like CGI trailers and no other game out there on PC looks like that, (is PC capable of better graphics? yeah of course but currently there is no game on PC that looks like a CGI trailer both BF4 and Crysis are beautiful looking games but they look like games not CGI trailers) sure UC4 and 1886 arent out yet, but we already have a ton of footage of actual gameplay of 1886 and it does looks like they promised, and UC4 is being made by ND and you know they always deliver so the least you could do is give them the benefit of the doubt.

sc94597 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Simply stating false information at this point, the Order is releasing in Feburary of next year, RAM prices will be the same and no, two more graphics generations my ass, more like rebranding and a better flagship card. And if you want to use PS Plus as a negative then also factor in that over four years, you'd have gotten 96 free games for $200, less tha $3 a game, you can also EASILY find PS Plus for a year at $40 or less, or wait for sales like PC Gamers do. Also PS Plus is optional. 

And what multiplats? 

Destiny? 

MGS V?

KH3?

FFXV?

Oh wait, those games aren't coming to PC, so there's that. 

Or rebranded CoD, BF, aand Assassin Creed games? Consoles get ALL major multiplats, PC doesn't. 

It'll take a considerable amount of time to build a PC that performs on paper with a PS4, and bout time that time comes the PS4 will likely have a price drop. It's not a question of raw power, it's what you do with it, hence a Titan can't run CoD Ghosts at 60fps locked, throwing raw power at things isn't always the best method. 

GeForce 800 and 900 are releasing this year, and with every new GPU generation the prices of the previous (regardless of their abilities) decrease. Right now one can buy a PS4 equivalent (GeForce GTX 660) for $180 USD, with the new generation releasing its cost will likely go down at least $50. So no, it isn't false information. Ram decreases in price almost on an annual clock. So that will go down by february as well. 

Steam deals and bundles match any benefit PS Plus brings. PS Plus might have it beat in quantity, but when I can buy a great game that is 6 months old for $40 on steam and it is $60 on consoles, I don't mind that I miss out on downloadable PS releases. When within a year of an Elders Scrolls game release I can have a steam deal with DLC and buy the game for $20 I don't care too much about the free PS Plus games. Steam > PS Plus. 

Destiny - Point, not sure if I'm getting it though. It will likely come to PC eventually anyway. 

MGS V - point, but I never was a fan of the series personally, so not a big deal for me personally. 

KH3 - Won't release for years. 

FFXV - Won't release for years (and announced in 2005, I bought a PS3 for this damn game, when I was in 8th grade, now I'm a junior in college. I'm over it and Square-Enix.) 

Meanwhile PC plays the overwhelming majority of multiplatform games better than the PS4 and XboxOne, and will continue to get unique exclusives as those consoles lag behind and PC gaming continues to grow. 

Once again you're spreading falsse information. https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

Graphic card rebrands won't affect performannce to th extent that you could match a PS4 with price/performmance ratio, when you  saiid next gen I assumed you were talking about lower nm chips, we wont see maxwell until 2015. 

And I bet I can find that $40 AAA Steam game used at Gamestop for $30, then retrade it in for more credit. So what's your point? Free PS Plus games includes: Bioshock Infinite, Arkham City, and other AAA games with 90+ Meta...but you're not interested in any of them? Right. Oh did I mention the instant game collection makes that even more games. Yet you conveinantly left out the discounts PS Plus gives and access to beta's early.

Unique exclusives? Do you mean indies that end up on consoles anyways? MOBAS, MMORPGS, aren't unique exclusives at all. :| And as you said a ton of the biggest AAA games in the industry don't come to PC, but ALL of them come to console. 

Well, regarding the OP's question in the thread title, at this point, it seems not everyone agree