By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Wright said:

Well, regarding the OP's question in the thread title, at this point, it seems not everyone agree

This whole thread is typical of the fanboy type of responses.  Unless you drink the Kool-aid of one side or the others, people can't seem to agree on anything.

So, to your point. You are correct!  Until the next person disagrees with you...

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

IGN also previewed Thief for a month straight, before they concluded that it sucked the day came out.

Anyway though, I'm not talking about story or gameplay, I'm talking about graphics and openess. The Order limits the users freedom like any other cinematic game, so any pretty visuals come at the expense of being restricted in the world. Better graphics, sure, but the cost is great as well.

A sad fact few people seem to get. 

Ucell said:
VanceIX said:

IGN also previewed Thief for a month straight, before they concluded that it sucked the day came out.

Anyway though, I'm not talking about story or gameplay, I'm talking about graphics and openess. The Order limits the users freedom like any other cinematic game, so any pretty visuals come at the expense of being restricted in the world. Better graphics, sure, but the cost is great as well.

Thing is The Order: 1886's developers also have a history of developing games with 85+ score on MetaCritic, and they've also developed the highest scoring PSP game of all time at 92 score on MetaCritic.

As for openness, I don't think an open-world is necessary for every game. RAD's games have always been quite cinematic and great so I think they should continue making such type of games.

I don't think any other cinematic game looks even close to as good as The Order: 1886 anyways.

The reason why there are few cinematic games that look as good as The Order is because the industry is moving away from cinematic games in general. Open games (like Metal Gear Solid V, Witcher 3, Zelda U, etc) don't look quite as good, but offer much more in terms of game world and gameplay. Cinematic games have nice stories and flashy effects, but (at least to me) it feels like you are watching a movie that goes from Point A to Point B, with the difference being that you do a couple of quicktime events and shoot the same exact enemies multiple times until you pass the checkpoint, where the process repeats.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

A good looking game means nothing if a game sucks. If you still only care about graphics you really are not my kind of gamer. Something like shovel knight needs no crazy graphics to be crazy good.

siavm said:
A good looking game means nothing if a game sucks. If you still only care about graphics you really are not my kind of gamer. Something like shovel knight needs no crazy graphics to be crazy good.

Minecraft. That should explain everything everyone needs to know. 

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

The reason why there are few cinematic games that look as good as The Order is because the industry is moving away from cinematic games in general. Open games (like Metal Gear Solid V, Witcher 3, Zelda U, etc) don't look quite as good, but offer much more in terms of game world and gameplay. Cinematic games have nice stories and flashy effects, but (at least to me) it feels like you are watching a movie that goes from Point A to Point B, with the difference being that you do a couple of quicktime events and shoot the same exact enemies multiple times until you pass the checkpoint, where the process repeats.

I agree, you simply  can't beat the immersion of an open World game. You also forgot Xenoblade Chronicles X, my personally most anticipated game.

bigtakilla said:
VanceIX said:

I agree, you simply  can't beat the immersion of an open World game. You also forgot Xenoblade Chronicles X, my personally most anticipated game.

That too, really looking forward to X. It's refreshing seeing the industry move to open games at such a pace. Successes of games like Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyrim, and GTA V really pushed along appreciation for open-world.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

PC looks better, and of course pc people will say that, why not say the truth? (And this is said by a happy ps4 owner)

And its just the beginning.

PS4 will rule graphics for time to come.

PC has some of the most inconsistent graphics in the industry regardless of how good the pc is. PC has the most variety in hardware of any piece of electronic equipment on the planet. What that means for games is that even if you have a very high end pc there is still great potential for crashes and random bugs that hinders the overall performance. In other words the engine may be the strongest ever but using it to drive a slippery slope of a road will not necessarily mean it drives it as good as the engines that were designed to drive it. If that makes any sense. I think that atleast for 1.5 year into the future, we will not see any pc games with better graphics than ps4 games. Atleast for 1.5 year ahead.