By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

BenVTrigger said:

But for enthusiast high end graphics capabilites PC outperforms both current gen consoles already by a considerable margin.

It could be argued that PCs were already well ahead of PS4/Xbone at their launch.

They're not as cutting edge for their time as PS3/360 were. (Which is a good thing; most console gamers don't want to pay $599 for a system)

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Lawlight said:

Which games did you use as examples? Watch Dogs? Because that doesn't look pretty to me. Delsin  using his neon powers - that's pretty.

Pretty?

This isn't a discussion on pretty....

This is a technical discussion between the merits of the PS4's horsepower and a high end PC. From a technical performace PC is already well ahead even with mutli-plat titles that aren't even optimized for it.

1 year from now the gap will be bigger.

And that's normal. At the end of the day consoles aren't meant to be the most powerful hardware in the world. They are designed to have the best power to cost ratio and can still pump out amazing visuals.

But for enthusiast high end graphics capabilites PC outperforms both current gen consoles already by a considerable margin.

No matter how you try to spin it, good graphics = pretty = nice to look at and Infamous wins in that department. Afterall, a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker at 1920x1080 /300dpi is still worse than a picture of Emma Stone at 640x480/150dpi.

Lawlight said:

No matter how you try to spin it, good graphics = pretty = nice to look at and Infamous wins in that department. Afterall, a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker at 1920x1080 /300dpi is still worse than a picture of Emma Stone at 640x480/150dpi.

I'm certainly not spinning anything.

Facts are on my side. The thread isn't called Can we agree PS4 games are pretty.

Its Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!. They aren't. And its pretty clear they aren't. That doesn't take anything away from the PS4, as its freaking gorgeous for many games but a console will never outperform a top end PC. Its simply not possible.

I guess I don't understand the console vs high end PC debate. Most high end rigs cost between $2000 and $3000. My PS4 $400. Yes your high end PC looks better then my PS4. Does it look 6 to 8 times better? Because it sure cost 6 to 8 times more.

BenVTrigger said:
Lawlight said:

I'm certainly not spinning anything.

Facts are on my side. The thread isn't called Can we agree PS4 games are pretty.

Its Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!. They aren't. And its pretty clear they aren't. That doesn't take anything away from the PS4, as its freaking gorgeous for many games but a console will never outperform a top end PC. Its simply not possible.

I don't agree that PS4 graphics is on another level either. Graphics haven't had a jump in 6-7 years - on any platform.

Around the Network
majik322 said:
I guess I don't understand the console vs high end PC debate. Most high end rigs cost between $2000 and $3000. My PS4 $400. Yes your high end PC looks better then my PS4. Does it look 6 to 8 times better? Because it sure cost 6 to 8 times more.

There is no debate in terms of finances, dropping $2000 to $3000 on a high end gaming rig isn't cost effective in any way shape or form. A PS4 is much more bang for your buck.

But thats why these high end rigs are for enthusiasts and not the mass market. Some of us like to push graphics to the limit regardless of cost. Maybe its not the smartest thing in the world but its a fun hobby for us. The pursuit of amazing image quality is really addicting.

But that being said I own every current console on the market as well as I love gaming in general.  The debate between PC and PS4 shouldn't exist. PC wins, every single time when it comes to sheer horsepower. That doesn't matter to many people, and it shouldn't, but for those of us that love to push gaming engines to their limits the cost is worth it.

Lawlight said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Brii said:

That's actually not even the comparison I was making, though! I just find striving for realism kind of dull, even if it's an 'enhanced' version of a realistic setting. Last of Us is lush and detailed, and I can appreciate that, but for me personally, it doesn't appeal aesthetically. I wasn't assessing quality, just stating personal preference.

Can I have my card back?

Yes, but we're watching you.

You still posted a picture for the motion.

As for Watch Dogs at ultra on PC - Journey looks better than that.

pretty sure you messed up your quote there.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BenVTrigger said:

There is no debate in terms of finances, dropping $2000 to $3000 on a high end gaming rig isn't cost effective in any way shape or form. A PS4 is much more bang for your buck.

But thats why these high end rigs are for enthusiasts and not the mass market. Some of us like to push graphics to the limit regardless of cost. Maybe its not the smartest thing in the world but its a fun hobby for us. The pursuit of amazing image quality is really addicting.

But that being said I own every current console on the market as well as I love gaming in general.  The debate between PC and PS4 shouldn't exist. PC wins, every single time when it comes to sheer horsepower. That doesn't matter to many people, and it shouldn't, but for those of us that love to push gaming engines to their limits the cost is worth it.

That's what I've been saying for ages. As of Now, Gaming PC's are too expensive to be used for the casual experience that consoles enjoy, while consoles aren't powerful enough for enthusiast use. And its always been this way, sometimes coming close but never switching places.

This "debate" is pointless, its like comparing Planes to Cars in terms of speed. Quite nonsensical.

Edit: Especially, when really the only true similarity being that they play games, the exception being now the 8th gen consoles use PC architecture in the same way, many cars use jet engine/turbine technology.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

So...

Have we agreed that PC beats PS4, but to get a noticeable difference it isn't particularly cost-effective? That seems like the obvious answer to me and it has been from the first post.

If you want games to look good, then getting a home console is most cost-effective. But if you really want to push the envelope to the limit to make the games look as good as possible, then you'll have to splash out somewhat more for a PC.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This is a premature ejaculation thread. The games are not released yet, you're not 100% they will look the same on release, but nvm, let's make a bait thread anyway lel.

I am getting a PS4, but just amusing to read these forums.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.