By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

Areaz32 said:
The GTA 4 and Skyrim mods only make the lighting better and the resoloution higher(and some reflections better). This is the perfect cocktail for making the low res polygon and absent tesselation stand out significantly. The graphics are not better in those pics and videos. The resoloution is on par with the ps4 games and so is the lighting. But the actual particle effects and polycount is lower. None of these mods have yet to show anything that is even close to what The order 1886 is doing with their soft-body physics and their graphics in general. come back to me when we see something with as good post processing effects, as good lighting and as good material simulation.

This guy knows it.

and lol @ "wait till they're out". As if any PS4 exclusive has ever been downgraded. That's a different console..

Around the Network

I am not really blown away by a PS4 game so far, I think Ryse is the game so far that impressed me the most but that is also because looking to the cities from higher up while a huge battle is going on gives me goosebumps.

but no doubt that PC is another level,  star citizen is huge and beautifull I don't think the console will run it like it does on PC without cutting a lot of stuff out;

estebxx said:
sc94597 said:
estebxx said:

Crisis 1, 2, 3 are beautiful looking games, but THAT'S the thing they look like GAMES, UC4 has graphics that look like the CG I trailers that we have seen in recent years, to the point people didn't believe it was in game, and there are still people who don't believe it, PC is more powerful but it lacks the Software to bring out the full performance or potential that a PC can actually do...

All I have to say is to remember the whole Killzone 2 debacle last generation. From the demo that was shown PS3 gamers were going crazy about it, and then the end result wasn't even close. I truly doubt Uncharted 4's gameplay will look like that cinematic (I won't dispute that it is rendered in real-time) E3 trailer. 

and all i have to say is you never played Killzone 2 because the game ended up looking better than the tech demo that was shown at E3....  and DONT even DARE say its the other way arround... just go watch the tech demo and then play the ACTUAL GAME and you will see that it looks better than the demo.

Actually I have played it. It wasn't. What they showed at E3 2005 was eventually matched on the PS3, but not until last generation games like Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, and meanwhile PS3 gamers were obsessed with how it supposedly looked better than Crysis, even after we found out it was pre-rendered. 

We are talking about this trailer by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9xC6TMdiw

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/10/guerrilla-recalls-the-controversy-surrounding-killzone-2s-e3-2005-trailer/

The second link is an article about the whole situation, and here are some of the comments. 

"So far no game has come close to the graphics in that trailer."

"@2, well graphics i don’t know, but animations YES.

When i saw it first time i thought: Holy shit, they are crazy. How is this even possible?

and then killzone 2 came out……………….."

As I said, U4 won't look like that
But The Order looks close enough. At 1920x800 (not 800p *rolleyes*, it's > 900p) 30fps though, not native 1080p 60fps. When the first footage was shown earlier in the year I feared it would make the same mistake as Ryse, focus just on character models and have everything else like terrible, but the more recent footage has put those concerns to rest; everything looks great.

http://www.idiotechnica.com/data/users/2009/01/04/1/user_albums/16/Zork_I_GE_ingame_uczwvx.jpg

This game has amazing graphics better than going outside.  Imagine that. ;)

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
Areaz32 said:
The GTA 4 and Skyrim mods only make the lighting better and the resoloution higher(and some reflections better). This is the perfect cocktail for making the low res polygon and absent tesselation stand out significantly. The graphics are not better in those pics and videos. The resoloution is on par with the ps4 games and so is the lighting. But the actual particle effects and polycount is lower. None of these mods have yet to show anything that is even close to what The order 1886 is doing with their soft-body physics and their graphics in general. come back to me when we see something with as good post processing effects, as good lighting and as good material simulation.

This guy knows it.

and lol @ "wait till they're out". As if any PS4 exclusive has ever been downgraded. That's a different console..

There's not that many to compare yet, so I don't see your point at all.

Not to mention that a lot of these are just cherry-picked trailers, not even actual gameplay. Very little chance that the game looks that good in the end.

Finally, in regards to Skyrim/Infamous, the PS4 can't and never will handle the 4K textures, field of view, and effects that modded Skyrim can. The Order is a linear cinematic once again, it looks pretty, but it is practically being made as eye-candy, not anything else. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

Not to mention that a lot of these are just cherry-picked trailers, not even actual gameplay. Very little chance that the game looks that good in the end.

These? I don't know what you're talking about.. We've seen plenty of DC gameplay and what we see of The Order is in-game

Games in the OP have not released yet, thought people would learn not to jump the gun so quickly.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

VanceIX said:

There's not that many to compare yet, so I don't see your point at all.

Finally, in regards to Skyrim/Infamous, the PS4 can't and never will handle the 4K textures, field of view, and effects that modded Skyrim can. The Order is a linear cinematic once again, it looks pretty, but it is practically being made as eye-candy, not anything else. 

Have you even read IGN's preview of The Order: 1886? It really looks like its going to change the way people play third-person shooter campaigns, and it looks great while doing so.

The Order's developers have a history of making great looking games with awesome gameplay and an enthralling story. You've got to play their games to know that.

Raziel123 said:
VanceIX said:

These? I don't know what you're talking about.. We've seen plenty of DC gameplay and what we see of The Order is in-game

Driveclub looks good, we've seen a bit of the Order (which hasn't gotten me convinced either). The game that people are most excited about is Uncharted 4, which was just a face of a guy.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC