By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

I see Mr Khan has beaten me to 1 or 2 of the bannings in this thread!

This thread is about as productive as the ridiculous Drive Club vs Forza H2 one. I understand people like them, but we've now had 2 bannings in 5 minutes in this thread, and its begun to deteriorate.

Consider this a general warning, that the next person to troll, flame or insult another user will likely face a long holiday.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

meh I prefer virtual boy.

nice

The PS4 will be compared to the PC all gen long at this rate. I can see PS4 games looking just as good as high/ ultra setting PC games depending on the iQ of the game. But will never reach modded pc games. Comparing the PS4 (400$ hardware) to a 5000$+ PC is kinda silly.

Last gen was all about the 360/ps3 comparisons

This then all about the xb1/ps4/Pc comparisons

Almost like pc gaming took a step down or something

Compared to the other consoles? Sure. Compared to a high end pc it's basically a happy meal toy, but that's how it's always been.

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

Awful lighting models? Alright, this is just insane. Please, tell me how high you've played Skyrim and with which mods. You're obviously using the wrong mods if you think the lighting sucks. 

Like I said before, blinn-phong with no energy conservation is no match for the cook torrance model. Even with the mods skyrim's lighting just looks flat as hell.

Hence why infamous remains superior in this aspect.

To each his own.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Driveclub looks insane.

Mortal Kombat trailer vs actual graphics NUFF SAID

The GTA 4 and Skyrim mods only make the lighting better and the resoloution higher(and some reflections better). This is the perfect cocktail for making the low res polygon and absent tesselation stand out significantly. The graphics are not better in those pics and videos. The resoloution is on par with the ps4 games and so is the lighting. But the actual particle effects and polycount is lower. None of these mods have yet to show anything that is even close to what The order 1886 is doing with their soft-body physics and their graphics in general. come back to me when we see something with as good post processing effects, as good lighting and as good material simulation.

fatslob-:O said:
Areaz32 said:

Did you just say that openworld games having worse graphics than linear was a thing of the past? Thats bs. It is all about how much is rendered on the screen at once.. open world games need to render way more stuff at any given time.

It IS becoming a thing of the past ... 

Linear games won't be able to push much higher primitive densities due to the fact that a lot of GPUs have trouble rendering quads past 4x4 tiles. LOD transitions will be a lot more smooth due to the fact that memory bottlenecks aren't much of an issue anymore so an open world games are just as capable of having just as good graphics as linear games on the same distance. 

What exactly are your reasons for believing otherwise ? 

Because as i stated previously it is all about how much is rendered on the screen at once. The potential of openworld games is way higher than any linear game graphics wise. You wont see 50 cars and 100 people in a linear game you can in an openworld.

geodarkness said:
Mortal Kombat trailer vs actual graphics NUFF SAID

Mortal Kombat trailer wasnt and never claimed to be ingame NUFF SAID

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine