By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

VanceIX said:
ninetailschris said:

Sorry but this at 120fps. The draw distance and iq is way beyond infamous.

In no way is that "shit" in lighting and the textures look absolutely outstanding. Vanilla Skyrim looks utter shit, I agree, but modded Skyrim is anoher beast entirely. 

This are the same people who think you need to buy 5,000 dollar computer to run this at all.

No pop-ins(infamous sin), draw distance with no fog at all (unlike infamous),real time lighting on everything using direct x 11, everything detailed unlike infamous. I played this. It was almost like going outside at 4k. Anyone who thinks infamous looks better has a strong bias and just saying for the love of brand. I bet no one hear actual use this mod and are living in a world were msaa2x is better than 16x because of drugs.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
VanceIX said:
ninetailschris said:

Sorry but this at 120fps. The draw distance and iq is way beyond infamous.

In no way is that "shit" in lighting and the textures look absolutely outstanding. Vanilla Skyrim looks utter shit, I agree, but modded Skyrim is anoher beast entirely. 

This are the same people who think you need to buy 5,000 dollar computer to run this at all.

No pop-ins(infamous sin), draw distance with no fog at all (unlike infamous),real time lighting on everything using direct x 11, everything detailed unlike infamous. I played this. It was almost like going outside at 4k. Anyone who thinks infamous looks better has a strong bias and just saying for the love of brand. I bet no one hear actual use this mod and are living in a world were msaa2x is better than 16x because of drugs.

Agreed. My computer I built two years ago plays Skyrim in ways that my PS4 games currently cannot match. Anyone who says otherwise has not played Skyrim with the top mods installed. Even in 1080p it's beautiful. In 4K (only possible on PC), it's simply breathtaking.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

The point is that modded Skyrim does NOT have to be sacrificial in that regard. Modded Skyrim can have amazing draw distances and textures over a distance that Infamous can in no way handle, and it can do it more efficiently if using the right mods.

Infamous DOES have a good draw distance ... It just has a couple issues in it's LOD system which is different from draw distance plus it still looks way better than a modded skyrim. Having a stronger foundation mostly beats a more flexible foundation. A modded game from a decade ago will never be a match for a game's vanilla graphics today. 

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

The point is that modded Skyrim does NOT have to be sacrificial in that regard. Modded Skyrim can have amazing draw distances and textures over a distance that Infamous can in no way handle, and it can do it more efficiently if using the right mods.

Infamous DOES have a good draw distance ... It just has a couple issues in it's LOD system which is different from draw distance plus it still looks way better than a modded skyrim. Having a stronger foundation mostly beats a more flexible foundation. A modded game from a decade ago will never be a match for a game's vanilla graphics today. 

Skyrim isn't a decade year old. Not even close. Hell, Oblivion isn't even a decade year old, so I don't see where you are coming from.

And Infamous has texture problems at distances. Seeing as that it is an open-world game, that DOES matter, a lot. 

And if you think it looks better, power to you. You would probably disagree if you played Skyrim in 4K with the top mods installed.

Scoobes said:

Where are you getting your stats from? Globally, PC gaming is bigger than console gaming.

Revenue from 2010:

Software revenue per year up to 2013:

No. of users:

Those revenue include social gaming revenue. More than half of the revenue is generated in Asia from a lot of games that we can never play. I think it's important to put those things into perspective.

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:

@Bold Says the guy who contradicted himself and is trying to bait others cause his favourite console manufacturer is failing ...

VanceIX said:

Skyrim isn't a decade year old. Not even close. Hell, Oblivion isn't even a decade year old, so I don't see where you are coming from.

And Infamous has texture problems at distances. Seeing as that it is an open-world game, that DOES matter, a lot. 

And if you think it looks better, power to you. You would probably disagree if you played Skyrim in 4K with the top mods installed.

It doesn't matter if the game is a decade old or not ... My point was having the better base will win in the long run.

Like I said before, the LOD issue is few and far in between compared to last generation consoles ... Even if Skyrim on PC doesn't have the LOD issue it's still technically inferior to infamous second son due to it's limited lighting and material model.

Playing the game at a higher resolution with the best mods doesn't mean that I won't spot it's imperfections such as the awful lighting models. 

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

It doesn't matter if the game is a decade old or not ... My point was having the better base will win in the long run.

Like I said before, the LOD issue is few and far in between compared to last generation consoles ... Even if Skyrim on PC doesn't have the LOD issue it's still technically inferior to infamous second son due to it's limited lighting and material model.

Playing the game at a higher resolution with the best mods doesn't mean that I won't spot it's imperfections such as the awful lighting models. 

Awful lighting models? Alright, this is just insane. Please, tell me how high you've played Skyrim and with which mods. You're obviously using the wrong mods if you think the lighting sucks. 

And your point about "a decade old game" was just laughably bad in this case. We are comparing a game not even three years old, not ten, with a highly modifiable base.

VanceIX said:

Awful lighting models? Alright, this is just insane. Please, tell me how high you've played Skyrim and with which mods. You're obviously using the wrong mods if you think the lighting sucks. 

Like I said before, blinn-phong with no energy conservation is no match for the cook torrance model. Even with the mods skyrim's lighting just looks flat as hell.

Hence why infamous remains superior in this aspect.

Serious_frusting said:

Yes PS4s visuals are on another level.

People can keep pointing to the PCs and say well this rig destroys a PS4. Yh so

A car that goes 300mph has more power than a car that can go 100mph but when the motorway is limited to going to 70mph whats the point in the extra power?

PC has more potential but no game and I mean no game on the PC is showing the visuals that these PS4 games are showing. If such a game is around then prove me wrong. Before someone labels me a hater my graphics card is worth more than a PS4.

Edit: also as a closing statement, It does not matter how powerfull as PC is, it can not render pixels and effects that do not exist. 

Imagine what Naughty Gods could do with a high end pc. FAP FAP FAP

Let me borrow that analogy and say... PC engines could go 300mph and ps4 could go 100mph and roads say you can only go 70mph. But sony is also the police so they can go all the way to 100mph which pcs cant really do. Pcs on the other hand can go 70mph way better than ps4 maybe.